Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
There aren't many player threads of much size with players we are currently linked to. It is reasonable (and fun as another poster said) to speculate a little, especially when the target involved seems a realistic fit. The same old faces repeatedly stating 'It'll never happen, 'it won't happen', 'not a chance' are really wasting their time as part of the enjoyment of close season in particular is the idea that the team may change and that the change may bring improvement and excitement.
i really don’t understand what some posters get out of incessantly commenting ‘don’t believe everything you read’ or ‘it’s not happening until naylor says it is’, even more so the ones who post definitively as if they have some sort of insider information.

i think everyone on here is well-versed enough to know that not every link is going to come off, but to be honest, a lot of the links we’ve seen this summer seem like they have at least some degree of substance, and naylor hasn’t had any sort of exclusive for many years now and is often the very last to confirm anything. frankly it comes across as quite obnoxious. if you don’t want to engage in the discussion/speculation, you don’t have to post on the threads! it really is that simple.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wonder if anyone still manages to turn up for the first game of the season, buys a program, and at that point finds out who is in the squad for the season, and then wonders where some of the players from last season have gone? Like it's 1985 and you haven't bought an Argus all summer.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
i really don’t understand what some posters get out of incessantly commenting ‘don’t believe everything you read’ or ‘it’s not happening until naylor says it is’, even more so the ones who post definitively as if they have some sort of insider information.

i think everyone on here is well-versed enough to know that not every link is going to come off, but to be honest, a lot of the links we’ve seen this summer seem like they have at least some degree of substance, and naylor hasn’t had any sort of exclusive for many years now and is often the very last to confirm anything. frankly it comes across as quite obnoxious. if you don’t want to engage in the discussion/speculation, you don’t have to post on the threads! it really is that simple.
I don't disagree, but some people seem to get really disappointed when player A, B, or C doesn't happen just because the football gossip trolls have linked us, usually with little or no proof.

There are some on here who if were told 'the world is coming to an end tomorrow' would blow all their savings tonight. Yes, we all see the rumours but as Barber said the other night in not so many words - nearly all are B'shit.

Chill, relax, enjoy the match on Saturday (I'll be there), and then see what happens in the remaining 17 days (bags of time) of the transfer window.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wonder if anyone still manages to turn up for the first game of the season, buys a program, and at that point finds out who is in the squad for the season, and then wonders where some of the players from last season have gone? Like it's 1985 and you haven't bought an Argus all summer.
And you spend the first 3 games trying to work out who the new players are

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Class - that made me chuckle… and you know something, that’s probably a WAY better experience… preferable to this twitter driven shit show.

I don’t believe any of it… it’s 99% BS. Literally utter horsehit.

Yet - here I am 🤨😂

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Couldn't believe it when I saw Alan Biley out there!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I don't disagree, but some people seem to get really disappointed when player A, B, or C doesn't happen just because the football gossip trolls have linked us, usually with little or no proof.

Totally agree, and it's made 'worse' by being where we are at the moment, in that nearly every rumour might actually just be true.

I think the first time I really wanted one to be true was Kanchelskis. Nowadays it feels like you have to be a connoisseur of all football everywhere to have an informed opinion of anyone!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Seems to say he met with Hürzeler - no idea when.

A few days ago according to this fella (which is where they've sourced the quote above) who looks like he's the Fabrizio Romano of Turkish football.
His first ten mins of his vid/podcast today is about Ferdi Kadioglu
Seems utterly convinced that its close but not quite there yet. but this should not cause "any comfort" (to the Fenerbache fans)

(turn on the substitles and auto translate to English)

PS: Says he's now "in Brighton" to complete the transfer

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A few days ago according to this fella (which is where they've sourced the quote above) who looks like he's the Fabrizio Romano of Turkish football.

PS: Says he's now "in Brighton" to complete the transfer
PS: He says - i've no idea how kosher this fella is -

- Albion have made the highest offer 35m Euros + bonuses
- Nobody else, despite the fact that Arsenal and Man utd watched him "multiple times' have pursued it.
- Its his dream to play in the PL
- the agreement with Brighton "shouldn't be a problem"
- His reps spoke with Albion a few days ago about the contract.
- If they agree personal terms - then it will go to the Fenerbache board who will make a final decision and then thats that.
- Doesn't seem unlikely they will turn it down - they need the ££ cos of the CL exit.

Anyway thats what he thinks and what the Google/Youtube generated subtitles said as far as i can tell.
Spent the rest of that podcast bit speculating about who Mourinho is lining up to replace him

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And These fellas seem have "some intelligence" but don't add much to what we already know (ha! or have been told)
They seem quite well informed about yesterday and insist it wasn't an injury (just minor muscle tightness) and it was the transfer that meant he didn't make the squad.
Seem persuaded that he will triple his salary with Albion. And that although Fenerbache want him to stay then financially the Super League can't compete with the PL and hence its going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here