Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
We had a 'here we go' yesterday regarding Gruda and nothing has materialised. Wouldn't put any stock in Fab's gossip to he honest.
He’s very rarely wrong. Especially when he commits with his (cringe) ‘here we go’. And even then if the deal falls through he usually is in the know as to why. For example, the current Conor Gallagher to Atleti debacle.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am currently in Turkey. I have not understood a word anyone has said about anything really so I have nothing to add apart from last years Albion + towel looks nice if I manage to beat the Russians to a sun bed.
I happened to wake up at 6.15 local time so got up and put the towels out. A few lengths of the pool and now heading off for breakfast waiting for England to wake up so I can start winding up my best mate who is a Leeds fan who loves rutter.

Attachments

• IMG_2429.jpeg
    IMG_2429.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah it's been ages since the last major signing completely out of the blue with no rumours at all. Veltman perhaps? Was Pedro rumoured - I really can't remember.
The first I'd heard of Minteh was that we signed him. Looking back Fab broke the story one or two days before he officially signed, but I was nursing a hangover for that period so didn't notice

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we do sign him, huge pressure on the new manager to get European football IMO

I reckon this expectation for European football is growing every day !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I reckon this expectation for European football is growing every day !
Tony has evidently decided he wants another few trips to Europe. Would have been cheaper to book a few city breaks but I’ll go with it :lol:

Might be the window where others look at us and finally realise he’s not ****ing around (‘New Southampton’, ‘can’t keep selling your best players’ etc)

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Every signing including the new coach this summer has been trailed on NSC, reported by Romano, Sky and multiple others bit by bit - days, weeks before the club announce it. Rumours for some, good reporting for others. . Barber said last night don’t believe what you read (eg Romano on Gruda ?) - who was probably over in Lancing at the time getting his medical done.

So I’m fine reading transfer reporting, people speculating on here and knowing enough to realise that some of it , a lot of it , is nonsense - and enough to know when it almost certainly isn’t.
Who are you posting on here with your reasonable and well measured opinions??

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Every signing including the new coach this summer has been trailed on NSC, reported by Romano, Sky and multiple others bit by bit - days, weeks before the club announce it. Rumours for some, good reporting for others. . Barber said last night don’t believe what you read (eg Romano on Gruda ?) - who was probably over in Lancing at the time getting his medical done.

So I’m fine reading transfer reporting, people speculating on here and knowing enough to realise that some of it , a lot of it , is nonsense - and enough to know when it almost certainly isn’t.
From Barbers point of view, deception or being Liberal with truth is probably vital around all incoming transfers. Especially with a clueless buffoon like Todd Boehly stalking you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tony has entered the sweety shop with his pocket money that he's saved up for a few years. Other club owners are looking through the window, but spent all their money

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just think how many lemon bon bons he could afford to buy if he wanted to and still have some cash left for a sherbert dibdab.
Always worth a few lucky dips as well

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Would swap one of Gruda/Rutter for Ferdi as it’s an area we really need to strengthen (especially as he can play on both sides and full back injuries have been an Achilles hill recently).

Of course Uncle Tony might provide all 3

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would swap one of Gruda/Rutter for Ferdi as it’s an area we really need to strengthen (especially as he can only both sides and full back injuries have been an Achilles hill recently).

Of course Uncle Tony might provide all 3
think the Rutter purchase puts the Ferdi interest to bed. ( I know they play different positions)
It seems to me that they were expecting a bigger bid for Ferdi off a big 6 club and we got fed up waiting.
I think we can cover the right wing back role with a combination of Veltman and more often, Hinshelwood, due to his dynamism. I actually think that Hinshelwood is well suited to that role in a Hurzeler team and if Rutter is acquired then we need a position for Jack.

To me, what we’ve been looking for stats wise is someone that can give us progressive carries. Kadioglu’s stats evidenced that but so do Rutters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here