Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federer v Murray

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Federer is just too good at present, shame as I had hope Murray would finally nail one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oh well. Once a Scottish twat...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why should he learn from Federer in conducting interviews? He has stated he is not keen on talking about tennis or after the match. It is not a popularity contest and I am sure he doesn't cry himself to sleep in knowledge that his fanbase is not as big as it could be.

The Wimbledon crowd have taken to him now and that was always going to be an acid test - after the passing of Tiger. I personally thought he conducted himself well in the on-court interviews during this tournament.

Despite leading 6-4 against Federer, I don't think any of those victories have been a best-of-5.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Close to breaking him there. But here's the thing. The fact is that Fed's game has just dropped off a bit and Murray is right in there. Says a lot for the quality of Fed's tennis before now, and for Murray's ability when the chances come about.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I hate the way Murray screams after he wins a point and smashes his racket on the floor when he loses one.
Reminds me of myself when I played indoor tennis when I was 10 years old.
He's just not very likeable is he..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You are mistaking arrogance for World Class ability. Arrogant men don't lose gracefully and Federer when he does lose does it with grace.

I'm not Scottish or Swiss so I'll be an idiot and hope Federer wins if that's OK with you.

Federer's comments on Friday after he beat Tsonga were arrogant. I can't understand why anyone would support him after his hilarious comment about Britain not winning a Grand Slam for 150,000 years. By the way he mentioned "Britain" in his comment not Scotland so even he realises that Murray is British.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I hate the way Murray screams after he wins a point and smashes his racket on the floor when he loses one.
Reminds me of myself when I played indoor tennis when I was 10 years old.
He's just not very likeable is he..

I'd rather see Rab Nesbitt out there I would be cheering him to thrash Federer:clap2:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Why should he learn from Federer in conducting interviews? He has stated he is not keen on talking about tennis or after the match. It is not a popularity contest and I am sure he doesn't cry himself to sleep in knowledge that his fanbase is not as big as it could be.

The Wimbledon crowd have taken to him now and that was always going to be an acid test - after the passing of Tiger. I personally thought he conducted himself well in the on-court interviews during this tournament.

Despite leading 6-4 against Federer, I don't think any of those victories have been a best-of-5.

He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, I couldn't give a flying whatsit if he doesn't.

But as I was just stating on the previous thread that I haven't warmed to him as off the court he doesn't give anyone anything. He conducted an interview in Sydney during the week where he was aparently monosyllabic. Yes and no answers were all he gave. Given that its no wonder some people don't like him. IF and thats obviously in your opinion a BIG if, if he wanted more people to warm to him, then he could look to Federers interviewing style to learn a few things on how to communicate. Thats all...not sure why you're so staunchly coming back at me on this topic.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I dont understand why people like Federer? He comes over as a massive cocker

Absolutely. For some reason people obsess over him but he seems an arrogant prick to me. The sad thing is all these idiots taking the piss out of Murray now were surprisingly absent as Murray got to the final beating Nadal on the way. Now he is losing one match they are all on here taking the piss. When you think about it, it is quite sad really.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, I couldn't give a flying whatsit if he doesn't.

But as I was just stating on the previous thread that I haven't warmed to him as off the court he doesn't give anyone anything. He conducted an interview in Sydney during the week where he was aparently monosyllabic. Yes and no answers were all he gave. Given that its no wonder some people don't like him. IF and thats obviously in your opinion a BIG if, if he wanted more people to warm to him, then he could look to Federers interviewing style to learn a few things on how to communicate. Thats all...not sure why you're so staunchly coming back at me on this topic.

"But without taking anything away from him, I think a few times he played me I wasn't at my very, very best

"Plus he's playing me, who's won many Grand Slams prior to that, been able to win here three times so I know what it takes and how to do it, which is definitely an advantage."

Yeah, Real down to earth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here