Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federer v Murray

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
He might be a better version of Henman but I smell 10 more years of Henmania ahead (ultimately resulting in crushing disappointment).

On the upside he has removed the need to watch any tennis before a grand slam final.He's raised the bar so that Nothing less than GS finals will do now.

Oct 25, 2003
i'm (half) scottish myself, don't really care if english people like him or not, don't really see why they should. England and Scotland are SUPPOSED to be rivals in sport, it's basically the LAW

the fact that he's under the british flag in tennis is irrelevant, britain without inter-whatevertheyare rivalry would be boring

the fact that he's MILES better than any english tennis player seems to bypass everyone though

(ps i don't really give a shit about tennis)

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, I couldn't give a flying whatsit if he doesn't.

But as I was just stating on the previous thread that I haven't warmed to him as off the court he doesn't give anyone anything. He conducted an interview in Sydney during the week where he was aparently monosyllabic. Yes and no answers were all he gave. Given that its no wonder some people don't like him. IF and thats obviously in your opinion a BIG if, if he wanted more people to warm to him, then he could look to Federers interviewing style to learn a few things on how to communicate. Thats all...not sure why you're so staunchly coming back at me on this topic.

i assume you didnt watch the hopman cup then. his post match interviews were absolutely gold. great banter with laura robson and he has a very dry sense of humour, which is normally evident after most interviews. his interview after the nadal game was also gracious and enjoyable. I hate people who jump on the 'hate murray' bandwagon (id actually like to know their reasons too). it shows just how ignorant they are, and how little they watch tennis. Murray has matured loads since i first watched him at the junior us open. and i like the fact he gets pumped up or smashes his racket. its normally justified, the amount of breathtaking points he plays warrants that reaction, and when he misses a shot he gets angry about, i get angry about it too, because its normally a shot he SHOULD have put away.

his mum put it best earlier on in his career when they asked him why he was such a moody teenager

'because hes a moody teenager'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here