Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federer v Murray

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Glenn needs to get his arse in gear PDQ to even make a contest of this.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Federer is one of my two favourite tennis players of all time ( Borg is the other )..so I can't lose here.
At the moment Fed looks too hot to handle but there is a long way to go.
Please please please....if Murray loses....don't start saying...." he's got time on his side....his chance will come again....he will win grand slams in the future " etc etc etc....
Sporting history is full of young players with time on their hands but playing in eras of other great players ( e.g Henman / Sampras ) As the years and tournaments slip by, the pressure mounts, until you realise that maybe it aint gonna happen.
Federer is a long way from hanging up his racket yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on Murray. Turn it round and beat the arrogant Swiss and prove the idiots on here who are supporting Federer (despite not being Swiss) wrong.

You are mistaking arrogance for World Class ability. Arrogant men don't lose gracefully and Federer when he does lose does it with grace.

I'm not Scottish or Swiss so I'll be an idiot and hope Federer wins if that's OK with you.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Murray just cannot stop blowing it. While Federer and Nadal are about, he will win f*** all.

Watching this has reminded me what a superb sportsman Federer is. An all round top bloke i reckon. I don't know where people are getting "arrogant" from, he seems one of the most down-to-earth sportsmen in the world.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Watching this has reminded me what a superb sportsman Federer is. An all round top bloke i reckon. I don't know where people are getting "arrogant" from, he seems one of the most down-to-earth sportsmen in the world.

I'm suprised people would think that - the small apology after the shot dribbled over the net just then should show people what a sportsman he is....

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
You are mistaking arrogance for World Class ability. Arrogant men don't lose gracefully and Federer when he does lose does it with grace.

I'm not Scottish or Swiss so I'll be an idiot and hope Federer wins if that's OK with you.

Federer is pure class on and off the court.
Arguably, the top sportsman in the world and without doubt the best role model any youngster could aspire to.
There is no arrogance there...its not in his make-up. He bestrides the court with a ' panther-like ' grace, self-confident and assured.
If Murray gets blown away, it is no disgrace...it won't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Arguably, the top sportsman in the world and without doubt the best role model any youngster could aspire to.
There is no arrogance there...its not in his make-up. He bestrides the court with a ' panther-like ' grace, self-confident and assured.
If Murray gets blown away, it is no disgrace...it won't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last.

Agreed, I was attempting on another thread during the week to make the point that Andy Murrays off court behaviour/interview style/interaction with press is not endearing him to people, he could learn alot from Federer in that regard.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon Murray has convinced himself he's playing at Withdean!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If Murray is ever to win a grand slam event, he must get more first serves in. He also needs to work on his second serve.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely correct.

Federer is the best player I think I've ever seen - and the tennis he's playing tonight is phenominal. Murray isn't even playing badly and can't get near him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here