FDM - time to get rid?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ditchy said:
Attention seeking as in deliberatly being controversial ala Dwayne etc

Or could just be there opion and much how some pople dont like it quite a few people agreed with it!

happy birthday btw:drink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Incredible. I think Goring and Mr Goebels are posting very valid points here. Can't people accept that having a keeper on the books that hasn't been playing regularly for YEARS is NOT a good thing. If he can't get properly fit and playing by the time his contract is up I would have to say we should let him go and get someone in that will actually play week in, week out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
And you would call Chippy injury prone - my original point was you cant call Roberts injury prone and not Kuipers and people were calling for Roberts head because he was injurty prone.

Roberts career covered 12 seasons and he played a total of 130 games.

Kuipers career covers 7 seasons and he's played 116 games
including 1 game in a season at Bristol Rovers and being 2nd choice to Roberts (when fit)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
Or could just be there opion and much how some pople dont like it quite a few people agreed with it!

happy birthday btw:drink:

Thanks kinky did many agree ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
But you dont have to have the same injury, im not denying Roberts injury prone but would you call say michael Bridges was not injury prone because he has not had the same injury?
true but again MB injuries alot occured in training and not necessary playing so yes injury prone

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Roberts career covered 12 seasons and he played a total of 130 games.

Kuipers career covers 7 seasons and he's played 116 games
including 1 game in a season at Bristol Rovers and being 2nd choice to Roberts (when fit)

Roberts was second choice at Boro

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As i have said before this entirely academic as he is under contract. I don't think anyone can accuse him of not having a bad injury and surely no one begrudges him an attempt at getting back to fitness ?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
Most players have 3 injuries in 3 years.
Look at Chippy.

Not ones that rule them out for half a season (or more) though. Kuipers is a good keeper, but it's simply a waste of money paying a player who isn't actually going to play - if Henderson comes in, this will surely be the case.

Yoda

English & European
KinkyGoebels said:
Why is posting things that certain people dont agree with attention seeking?

and yoda 3 injurys in 3 years is injury prone, they dont have to be the same injury - look at Bridges

Injury prone is consistantly picking up little niggly things in every day training and compertitions not something like Kuipers has had.

Out of interest, do you consistantly do any sports? Going by what your saying about Kuipers, I maust be injury prone too in my Athletics. I've had two injuries in the last two years too. Broken Foot & Torn Hamstring. Perhaps my athletics club shouldn't allow me to renew my subs next year.:shootself

Yoda

English & European
KinkyGoebels said:
But you dont have to have the same injury, im not denying Roberts injury prone but would you call say michael Bridges was not injury prone because he has not had the same injury?

Micheal Bridges was just unlucky. He's not had an injury in the last two years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yoda said:
Injury prone is consistantly picking up little niggly things in every day training and compertitions not something like Kuipers has had.

Out of interest, do you consistantly do any sports? Going by what your saying about Kuipers, I maust be injury prone too in my Athletics. I've had two injuries in the last two years too. Broken Foot & Torn Hamstring. Perhaps my athletics club shouldn't allow me to renew my subs next year.:shootself

Yes played rugby for sussex, football to a fairly decent level and tennis for my clubs 3rd team.

And its slighty different in the fact you are paying and not being paid to play.

Bridges broke his leg twice and did his knee in there not little injurys are they?

Yoda

English & European
But you still can't count broken bones/dislocations as injury prone. (unless they have rickets, but then who would employ someone with it in a contact sport.;))

Yoda

English & European
But it's not something you can 'just pick up'

You have to be seriously unlucky to break a bone.

The same with dislocations. Unless you've got a medical condition that causes tham with the slightest force. You have to be unlucky to get one.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
But you'd be unlucky to. It would all come down to directions of forces as to if it fractures or not. See my edit on previous post.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Its the same with a pulled hamstring - i have never pulled a muscle but one of my friends always does - he is seriously unlucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here