Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM - time to get rid?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
KinkyGoebels said:
So glad i was ill that morning - so close to going to that....

The highlight of the day was the burger van catching fire ..the Albion were dreadful..but then a bad hangover does cloud my judgement

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Auditor said:
The highlight of the day was the burger van catching fire ..the Albion were dreadful..but then a bad hangover does cloud my judgement

Sadly it could have been worse than you thought with a hang over.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
KinkyGoebels said:
did his knee up in Norwich

Sorry missed the knee. But has been pointed out apart from the crash they are injuries he got getting stuckin. I could undertsand it if he got injuries when training but he doesn't. The point is he's got 18 months of a contract left, if we bin him we have to pay up his contract also who would want join us. Oh look, If I get serious injury they'll bin me ... how nice. Hardly an insentive to join a club is it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Deportivo Seagull said:
Sorry missed the knee. But has been pointed out apart from the crash they are injuries he got getting stuckin. I could undertsand it if he got injuries when training but he doesn't. The point is he's got 18 months of a contract left, if we bin him we have to pay up his contract also who would want join us. Oh look, If I get serious injury they'll bin me ... how nice. Hardly an insentive to join a club is it?

If you look what i put i never said release him inside his contract - i was just pointing out he is injury prone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We owe him far more than Blackwell who pissed us around and then had a contract he hadn't even signed honoured, I think???

FDM should be given every chance to make a comeback, class player imo.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Deportivo Seagull said:
if we bin him we have to pay up his contract also who would want join us. Oh look, If I get serious injury they'll bin me ... how nice. Hardly an insentive to join a club is it?

We always stand by injured players. Look how long we kept Blackwell, Rodger, Roberts, Piercy etc whilst they were out. It may get to a point where they have to make a decision about whether he will ever be fit again, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
We owe him far more than Blackwell who pissed us around and then had a contract he hadn't even signed honoured, I think???

FDM should be given every chance to make a comeback, class player imo.

Get your facts right - Blackwell did not piss the club around at all - he was promised a contract before he got the injury and the club followed through on its word.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The Auditor said:
Ha ha .... was a good goalie but not after that performance at cheltenham

He played badly that day as he was worried about the burger van affecting the safety of fans.

He is now Luke Rodgers agent who is another injury prone player

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Yes FDM out if we get Henderson

Agreed.

No point hanging onto Kuipers if he's going to kepp getting injured. I agree he is decent when he stays fit but when was the last time he did that for any period of time?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
Get your facts right - Blackwell did not piss the club around at all - he was promised a contract before he got the injury and the club followed through on its word.

You may be right, but my memory was that he was offered less than he had been given the previous year and had still not decided if he was going to sign when he got injured. Why else wouldn't he have a contract?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I thought FDM had left the club! thats what prompted my calls for him to be given the big old heave ho when realised he was still here.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Goring Gull said:
I thought FDM had left the club! thats what prompted my calls for him to be given the big old heave ho when realised he was still here.

I know that Yorkshire is in the third world but surely communications can't be that bad.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I personally think the quicker we get shot of the dregs from the two championship winning seasons and build a new dawn the better, these players still swan round like they are Albion gods, we cannot live in the past harsh but fair onwards and upwards I for one want championship football when Falmer is opened not league one.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Goring Gull said:
I personally think the quicker we get shot of the dregs from the two championship winning seasons and build a new dawn the better, these players still swan round like they are Albion gods, we cannot live in the past harsh but fair onwards and upwards I for one want championship football when Falmer is opened not league one.

...... harsh but .... complete bolloxs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here