Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM - time to get rid?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A few have. You always post contraversial threads whether you believe it yourself or not.
Good way of passing the time at work?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Goring Gull said:
Alot of people have agreed with my discovery of the blatant misuse of club funds on a sick note keeper.

In all fairness he is injured because he pulled his shoulder out of its socket whilst playing for us, And he wanted to play on! He has been a great keeper for us! :bowdown:

I don't rate Henderson as highly as Kuipers as an all round keeper. I'd love to get him signed up though, as he'd be a great long term replacement for Kuipers.

Kuipers will come good for this club again. Once a Brighton legend, always a Brighton legend :bowdown:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't for one minute dispute his ability he's been the best keeper we've had for years - People rave about Digweed but alot forget the shocking goal kicks etc he used to deliver or not as the case maybe.

Maybe it's just me i get people here at work if it wasn't for HR i'd have had tehm out the door . A certain member of staff has been here 7 months and probably been off sick more than actually been at work.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
I don't for one minute dispute his ability he's been the best keeper we've had for years - People rave about Digweed but alot forget the shocking goal kicks etc he used to deliver or not as the case maybe.

Maybe it's just me i get people here at work if it wasn't for HR i'd have had tehm out the door . A certain member of staff has been here 7 months and probably been off sick more than actually been at work.

Just count yourself lucky you haven't had much illness then.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Bit of a non issue really as he is still under contract and I can't see him walking away or another club having him (assuming he is permanently crock, of course).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
I did once get told by a doctor i had a very good immune system.

There you are then.
I had three operations in 18 months and got a written warning from YE once. (the prats)
Not something I could anything about.

I'm sure FDM will know himself whether he is capable of making a comeback. I don't see him as someone who will just sit back and take the money.
If players aren't going to make it they get an insurance payout.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Operations are different it's pepole who self certify week after week that are the ones i need to get rid of.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
Operations are different it's pepole who self certify week after week that are the ones i need to get rid of.

Impossibility. You can only self certify for the first 7 days and then have to be covered by a doctor's note after that.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
They come in for say a day then go off for three but turn up next shift then take the following one off.

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yorkie said:
A few have. You always post contraversial threads whether you believe it yourself or not.
Good way of passing the time at work?

i think its called attention seeking Yorkie ..???

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think Fdm has been a good servant to this club and has 18months left on a contract which he is fully entitled too .. Only he knows how fit he really is and whether a comeback is likely .As for ability he is as competant as both Henderson or Blaney and agreed we need to sign at least one of them . Lets not discount MM here .. i bet he has the situation fully monitored and a decision will be made nearer the Jan window as to who he keeps or get . Lets also not forget Dick Knight .. he is paying the wages or the club are , they know they are commited for 18months so why not get him fit and hope he reaches the form he is capable of. Then let MM have the headache of who's best between the sticks .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ditchy said:
i think its called attention seeking Yorkie ..???

Why is posting things that certain people dont agree with attention seeking?

and yoda 3 injurys in 3 years is injury prone, they dont have to be the same injury - look at Bridges

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:

and yoda 3 injurys in 3 years is injury prone, they dont have to be the same injury - look at Bridges

Most players have 3 injuries in 3 years.
Look at Chippy.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
Most players have 3 injuries in 3 years.
Look at Chippy.

And you would call Chippy injury prone - my original point was you cant call Roberts injury prone and not Kuipers and people were calling for Roberts head because he was injurty prone.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
And you would call Chippy injury prone - my original point was you cant call Roberts injury prone and not Kuipers and people were calling for Roberts head because he was injurty prone.

I think everybody agreed that Roberts had a dodgy back so hence was injury prone .. as somebody pointed out earlier Fdm does not get injured in the day to day routine of training etc .. it has been either car crash or on the field in the line of duty .. i believe it was not uncommon for roberts to be injured by just warming up or either back spasm just travelling which is something fdm certainly never did

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
KinkyGoebels said:

Attention seeking as in deliberatly being controversial ala Dwayne etc

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ditchy said:
I think everybody agreed that Roberts had a dodgy back so hence was injury prone .. as somebody pointed out earlier Fdm does not get injured in the day to day routine of training etc .. it has been either car crash or on the field in the line of duty .. i believe it was not uncommon for roberts to be injured by just warming up or either back spasm just travelling which is something fdm certainly never did

But you dont have to have the same injury, im not denying Roberts injury prone but would you call say michael Bridges was not injury prone because he has not had the same injury?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here