Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM - time to get rid?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:
...... harsh but .... complete bolloxs

Is it? Get rid of the likes of Chippy, Oatway, FDM, Hart etc etc and build a new, fresh side that can compete in this league for years to come?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I know it's a stupid thread, It should already have been done by theclub already but looks like Goring has to point out the bleeding obvious.

I admire the loyalty of some but i want a winning side proud to grace falmer in the championship in 2008.

Imagine first game in 3 years home to bloody Torquay or the like at Falmer. No offence intended to Torquay.

Goring Gull said:
I know it's a stupid thread, It should already have been done by theclub already but looks like Goring has to point out the bleeding obvious.

How do you propose to "get rid" of a player in the middle of his contract? You can't so yes, this is a stupid thread.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is it? Get rid of the likes of Chippy, Oatway, FDM, Hart etc etc and build a new, fresh side that can compete in this league for years to come?

Time my good man ... time. You get the players in, and play them for a period of time then if successful the older players move on. You don't bin the oldies until you sure of the replacement(s).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:
Time my good man ... time. You get the players in, and play them for a period of time then if successful the older players move on. You don't bin the oldies until you sure of the replacement(s).

Yeah, in phases. Mind you, all the old guard are coming to the end fo their careers anyway.

I don't really know what we're talking about.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Goring Gull said:

I admire the loyalty of some but i want a winning side proud to grace falmer in the championship in 2008.

Imagine first game in 3 years home to bloody Torquay or the like at Falmer. No offence intended to Torquay.

Imagine bining you're experienced players for a bunch of kids that haven't been proven, it's bleeding obvious innit.:shootself

Yoda

English & European
Kuipers record the last 3 seasons:

04-05: Played 32. Conceded 40. Clean Sheets 9
03-04: Played 12. Conceded 13. Clean Sheets 5
02-03: Played 22. Conceded 31. Clean Sheets 5*

*I have not included goals conceded against Norwich in the cup game he got injured. All 3 were when Packham was in goal.

If anyone want to work the 2 title winning seasons they are more than welcome to.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
No point in keeping dead wood

Be honest, Falmer aside if it hadn't been for all that could anyone on here honestly they have been happy with the results?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is stupid. The likes of Kuipers, Chippy, Harty, etc are not dead wood, they are at worst useful squad members.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
If we can sign Henderson, then yes, let Kuipers go. Legend he may be, but one who's on a lot of money. Henderson looks to be the better keeper, and I don't think we can afford the both of them.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
If we can sign Henderson, then yes, let Kuipers go. Legend he may be, but one who's on a lot of money. Henderson looks to be the better keeper, and I don't think we can afford the both of them.

True, If we can only have one it has to be Hendo!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull is obviously bored again today.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Alot of people have agreed with my discovery of the blatant misuse of club funds on a sick note keeper.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here