Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Every forum has its idiots. This one is fuckin' full of 'em.

You bunch of knuckle draggin' penis lickers.

We'll see who gets the last laugh when we knock you out of the cup.

Oooooh a Village idiot has managed to work out how to post on here :clap2:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Wrong there, most grounds have both sets of fans in the same stand - West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, Palace, Pompey, Everton, Sunderland, Stoke etc etc.
I don't think you quite read that correctly. The point is, at Withdean with the small nature of the stands involved, segregation within a single stand is not an option.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I expect the stewarding crew (i.e. the enemy of fun) have had something to do with this. They couldn't cope with Woking fans singing and enjoying themselves so god knows how they'd handle 2,000 FC United fans trying to have fun.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I could've used any joyous pitch invasion really.

1st time your team gets to the 1st round of the fa cup, you play league 1 team away, you win and (in yhe eyes of the police) invade the pitch. Fact.

1st time your team reaches 2nd round of the fa cup, you are drawn away at the other end of the country against another league 1 team.

I can see why the police may have doubts about the possibility that some of your fans may possibly come down here and cause trouble. I'm not saying ALL of your fans, but possibly SOME and on that basis you should look a little closer to home ad to why you have "only" been allocated 845 seats.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't think you quite read that correctly. The point is, at Withdean with the small nature of the stands involved, segregation within a single stand is not an option.

Also there is only one set of turnstiles for each stand.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I thought that had been confirmed to someone speaking to the club/ticket office when they were buying tickets. Does that not count and KNOWING it?

Not really IMO.

LB has posted the question on ATC, and while other questions have been answered, that one remains unanswered.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

But yet we've managed it previously. Just give them the west stand and away stand, get some competent stewards who can calm things down when it gets a bit rowdy and people start to stand up, job done and everyones happy. This situation is pathetic from Brighton.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i bet we wouldn't have had this vitriol and needle on here if we'd be drawn against AFC wimbledon.

let's not lose sight of the key issue... we have been drawn at home to the lowest ranked team left in the competition, a team who whitehawk would probably beat. So it's a great chance for the fringe players to score a few and boost their confidence, and guarantees us a place in the third round. which is great.

JibbinIn

Nov 19, 2010
I expect the stewarding crew (i.e. the enemy of fun) have had something to do with this. They couldn't cope with Woking fans singing and enjoying themselves so god knows how they'd handle 2,000 FC United fans trying to have fun.

Let's see how they cope with a few hundred reds jumping the fence :rave:

Love the rave emoticon by the way! :wanker:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Wrong. Before what was the Away Stand was built (what is now the Family Stand) Away fans were housed in the North Stand at Withdean.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Every forum has its idiots. This one is fuckin' full of 'em.

You bunch of knuckle draggin' penis lickers.

We'll see who gets the last laugh when we knock you out of the cup.

Wow, aren't you just the clever boy! :tosser:

El Duque

Nov 19, 2010
1st time your team gets to the 1st round of the fa cup, you play league 1 team away, you win and (in yhe eyes of the police) invade the pitch. Fact.

1st time your team reaches 2nd round of the fa cup, you are drawn away at the other end of the country against another league 1 team.

I can see why the police may have doubts about the possibility that some of your fans may possibly come down here and cause trouble. I'm not saying ALL of your fans, but possibly SOME and on that basis you should look a little closer to home ad to why you have "only" been allocated 845 seats.

Why?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why? Because a bloke on a forum said so?

You've not been round here long have you? On this forum, some blokes know FACTS, and woebetide anyone who would rather wait for an official announcement.

We were of course TOLD that loads of Brighton fans would be in the away end at Woking on Tuesday night, and that we needed at least another 500 tickets minimum to cope with the demand, yeah, right.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Worked ok for Woking, though.
No, Woking had the West and East stands. I don't believe there was any intra-stand segregation.

And to the others - yes, before the West stand was built, we did segregate as there was little other option when it came to accommodating increased numbers of away fans. But since we've had the West stand, has that happened?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wrong there, most grounds have both sets of fans in the same stand - West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, Palace, Pompey, Everton, Sunderland, Stoke etc etc.

Do you go to Withdean? If you do then you'll know our entrances are quite different to other grounds. For example, how would away fans get to blocks H and J or the western sections of the North Stand if they were given those sections?

Other grounds can have visiting fans enter the same stand(s) as the home fans, directing them to their segregated sections with relative ease and without coming into contact with the home fans. It can't work at Withdean.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think the ticket allocation is THAT bad, but it was basic common sense that they might want 1,500, and why not let them have them. Not to do so was always going to risk a huge and uneccessary PR own goal.

The police should have A say, not THE say if what they are proposing is clearly wrong. And as someone said, if they really don't think they can handle 1,500 FCU fans, they need a sharp wake-up call. They've obviously had it too easy for years down here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do you go to Withdean? If you do then you'll know our entrances are quite different to other grounds. For example, how would away fans get to blocks H and J or the western sections of the North Stand if they were given those sections?

Other grounds can have visiting fans enter the same stand(s) as the home fans, directing them to their segregated sections with relative ease and without coming into contact with the home fans. It can't work at Withdean.

You could quite easily have the H & J blocks entering from the usual away fans entrance and directing them across the running track without coming into contact with any Brighton fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here