Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
But aren't they doing what you and others have said Man U fans should do - fight the club from within as opposed to splitting off?

I bet the Glazers fear for their lives on match days with all of those yellow and gold scarves being worn over replica shirts.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some sensible debate on here.

:bowdown:

Some 'misguided' judgements too.

:hilton:

Was looking forward to this, but think Brighton (the Club) are wrong to only give us 15%

:amex:

Which part of this thread have you actually read, the replies which comment on what the police have told the club or did you choose to not read them?

Just wondering........

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I bet the Glazers fear for their lives on match days with all of those yellow and gold scarves being worn over replica shirts.

The scarves aren't sold by the Glazers, and the replica shirts were made and sold in 1992-94, long before the Glazers. The current copy ones are nothing to with the club.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On that basis Pompey would have had their allocation at Southampton slashed last year - it didn't happen.

I think an interesting point is raised, did they not create some weird roman armour contraption for the Pompey fans to walk in from the station to the ground.

Also I just read Mark Forster Stoke city books and I am sure he talks how he has to drive from his home on Norwich, to Stoke to get on an offical bus to be driven to an away game, as that is the only way the Police will allow away fans access to certain games.

Will be intersting if FCUM ever play MUFC how many tickets they would sell and what (trouble, for a better word) action would take place in and around the ground.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On that basis Pompey would have had their allocation at Southampton slashed last year - it didn't happen.

It's completely different and much easier at other grounds for segregating fans. Withdean does not lend itself to segregation that easily-especially if there's a group of fans coming to town who have (rightly or wrongly) got a reputation. Putting them (and other clubs' fans) in the Worthing end keeps it very simple for everybody.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We are still waiting to hear WHY the club have only given FCUM 845 tickets.

If it's on Police advice (we don't actually KNOW that yet) then so be it.

If it's for any another reason, then I find the decision very strange.

We won't sell out - they want more tickets - where's the problem?

JibbinIn

Nov 19, 2010
Every forum has its idiots. This one is fuckin' full of 'em.

You bunch of knuckle draggin' penis lickers.

We'll see who gets the last laugh when we knock you out of the cup.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The scarves aren't sold by the Glazers, and the replica shirts were made and sold in 1992-94, long before the Glazers. The current copy ones are nothing to with the club.

It's still a pretty lame protest regardless of where the scarves and shirts are bought from.

El Duque

Nov 19, 2010

If it's for any another reason, then I find the decision very strange.

We won't sell out - they want more tickets - where's the problem?

The silence is deafening. From both clubs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Police had it all sewn up, as they should do, despite hatred from both sides.

Which means they were right not to restrict the number of tickets sold to Portsmouth fans.

I thought that had been confirmed to someone speaking to the club/ticket office when they were buying tickets. Does that not count and KNOWING it?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Every forum has its idiots. This one is fuckin' full of 'em.

You bunch of knuckle draggin' penis lickers.

We'll see who gets the last laugh when we knock you out of the cup.

OK Bozza-switch off the moron magnet. We've got one.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
The silence is deafening. From both clubs.

Not really, the FCUM board have released this:
Brighton Ticket Allocation

The Board recognises and shares the frustration and disappointment felt by supporters over our allocation for the Brighton FA Cup Game. Rest assured that FC United have and will continue to make representations to the relevant authorities.

FC United always tries to keep supporters fully informed of developments and reasons behind decisions. As such we will make a full statement on this matter at the appropriate time, until then we ask supporters to remain patient whilst we continue to work on their behalf.

We would like to make clear that at this stage our allocation of tickets will be limited to 845 and we have no further option to increase this number. Therefore we would ask supporters to note the selling arrangements for tickets, which will go on sale from 11am on Saturday to those who have both season ticket and valid membership (members before 5pm on October 4th 2010). Remaining tickets will go on sale to supporters who have either a season ticket or valid membership from 12.30pm.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
It's completely different and much easier at other grounds for segregating fans. Withdean does not lend itself to segregation that easily-especially if there's a group of fans coming to town who have (rightly or wrongly) got a reputation. Putting them (and other clubs' fans) in the Worthing end keeps it very simple for everybody.

Wrong there, most grounds have both sets of fans in the same stand - West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, Palace, Pompey, Everton, Sunderland, Stoke etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here