Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Boris Johnson

Brighton Invader
Nov 19, 2010
Isn't the argument here though more about the fact that you support YOUR club, through thick and thin. You fight. These guy are just Manchester Untied supporters.
I could never, ever, ever, support any other football team over BHAFC. Even if it was one i created.

but doesn't it depend on the actual reason(s)...???

Take yer blinkers off pal.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Why the hostility from some to FCUM?

Is the mindset something like: "I don't like man u, FCUM are Man u mk2 therefore I don't like FCUM" It's a bit retarded if that's the case, and I hope all these people saying they turned their back on their club aren't the same ones who cream themselves over AFC wimbledon on here.

As for the tickets, we should really be giving them 15% shouldn't we, or at least an explanation as to why we can't.

Lets give them however many they need - if they can sell 2k then give them both ends behind the goals. There's no chance will sell out all our tkts. Agree with above in that we need to know why they haven't been given more.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Disagree - 15% is the rule for Cup games and we should be decent enough to honour that.

Exactly. Irrespective of who they are, and whether or not they get on your tits, if they are entitled to 15% that is the minimum they should be offered.

Round 3, we're drawn away to Palace. Palace offer us 845 tickets "on Police Advice". 80 pages.

Isn't the argument here though more about the fact that you support YOUR club, through thick and thin. You fight. These guy are just Manchester Untied supporters.
I could never, ever, ever, support any other football team over BHAFC. Even if it was one i created.

No, I'm not convinced that this is the argument being made and I don't see that wearing a green and yellow scarf whilst attending a game can be construed as fighting for your club

I guess the last sentence of my original post might cover your position then?

For my own part, if the Albion were to be subject of a takeover financed like the Glaziers then I would (after 50 years) walk away.
Would I start supporting someone like FCUM - maybe, but it would depend on this club/team.
Would I return to the Albion if the "Glaziers" left - perhaps.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lets give them however many they need - if they can sell 2k then give them both ends behind the goals. There's no chance will sell out all our tkts. Agree with above in that we need to know why they haven't been given more.

Hasn't it been stated it under police advisement.

Why should we make the atmosphere pro the away team with will help their players which would risk us missing out on a money spinner in the third round.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Exactly. Irrespective of who they are, and whether or not they get on your tits, if they are entitled to 15% that is the minimum they should be offered.

Round 3, we're drawn away to Palace. Palace offer us 845 tickets "on Police Advice". 80 pages.

even i'd have to agree with that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
for what it's worth I suspect that with police cuts nationwide, all clubs will find that more and more petty restrictions are imposed on attendances as the police seek to recoup more of the costs incurred (plus overheads)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

This has got to be with the fact that their fans invaded the pitch at an away ground so they shouldn't really be moaning so much.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
No, I'm not convinced that this is the argument being made and I don't see that wearing a green and yellow scarf whilst attending a game can be construed as fighting for your club

I guess the last sentence of my original post might cover your position then?

For my own part, if the Albion were to be subject of a takeover financed like the Glaziers then I would (after 50 years) walk away.
Would I start supporting someone like FCUM - maybe, but it would depend on this club/team.
Would I return to the Albion if the "Glaziers" left - perhaps.

All makes sense. I think my main problem is, where is the fight? There isn't really one. Seems, more than anything, FCUM supporters had fallen out of love with MU- not because of the takeover but more because the Premiership and everything that goes with it is nonsense. I'd just rather they admitted this was the case and go off with their tails between their legs.
I guess i'm just bitter because a) i've never supported a team with the resources and success of MU and b) i (we) have had to go through what we have. Makes it all seem a bit unfair (bored of this club now, will start another) :)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Both clubs have to agree to tickets/sales under FA rules. If FCUM fans have control of the club they could refuse our offer.

I imagine they have been sent a figure FCUM think they can sell, without having to pay up front for a full allocation, if they sell them, they get the rest.

However if the Police have a say i.e restrict numbers, I imagine this overalls the clubs. I imagine they could realisticly ban away fans, or would this be against the law.

Boris Johnson

Brighton Invader
Nov 19, 2010
Pal,
Your club still exists. You let the Glaziers win.

Wrong. On so many levels.

Would you stand by and let you and your fellow supporters be bent over and arsed f***ed by a family of Gimps, who

1 - Double the cost of admission in the space of four years
2 - Remove all fan representation.
3 - Treat you as a customer, not supporter
4 - Load an obscene amount of debt onto your club (from being debt free)
5 - Take £25m out of the club each year as 'service fees'

The club, in my eyes, bears no resemblance to the club I followed for nearly forty years!

You really should understand what we are about and why we did/do what we do before spouting the utter bollocks you type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here