Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United issue a statement regarding tickets.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Absolutely spot on. Brighton are making themselves look very small-time over this, whoever's to blame.

This is exactly the sort of baseless remark that has annoyed BHA fans. We may agree that it's not a reasonable decision it's getting very tedious repeatedly pointing out that the Police forced this situation and it has nothing
to do with Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

When it comes to being small time, well sorry but EffSee are small time and their petty whining about us has got up most Brighton fans' noses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is exactly the sort of baseless remark that has annoyed BHA fans. We may agree that it's not a reasonable decision it's getting very tedious repeatedly pointing out that the Police forced this situation and it has nothing
to do with Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

The decision was made by Hebberd and his cronies, not the police.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was refering to possibility of requests for more tickets, which were made after the initial 850 were given.

That really wasn't my point.

I think that sums up what I was trying to say, I was really trying not to voice an opinion on this, because I agree with what El Pres says. The point is, whether we like it or not, there are rules governing fans in our sport, and I think that it is possible in this instance that the fans themselves have contributed to this issue. If they hadn't gone on the pitch at Rochdale, if there were no threats of invading the home end at Withdean, threats of buying tickets in the home end, threats of never sitting down, of standing on the running track, if there were no comments about 'firms' coming down, then the Police/club/SAG would have a much harder time tring to justify not giving them more tickets.

I think sometimes people really do believe they are invincible as they sit behind their keyboards making claims, counter claims, hurling insults and making [idle] threats. Do they really not understand that the Police, the Football Authorites, the Club, the SAGs, all can (and I imagine do) read this site, and the Effsee site, and read all the past comments, and all the past threads about behaviour, previous games, general attitude between corresponding fan groups. That will have something to do with their decision making, just like they have made it abundantly clear if another flare is used by Brighton fans, there will be reprocussions. If we win on Satuday, how do you fancy drawing Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/ etc in the 3rd round, but because some idiot on Saturday lights a flare, we only get 1000 tickets? Who are you going to blame, the Police, the FA, the Club?

I would love to see the 2 stands at the east full of passionate away fans, I sit very close the there, the Woking fans made it a great atmosphere for us, much better than our 'singing' section, the Effsee fans would do likewise.

I agree with a lot of what you say. But is there actually a problem with FC fans being in the 'home' end? After all there were plenty of Albion in the home ends at Charlton, Peterboro and Southampton, and no problems. It certainly does not bode well for Falmer if Richard Hebberd does not think his hand picked bunch of combat trouser wearing rabble controllers are out of their depth against fans from division 8.

Some FC fans are a bit lively, certainly enjoy a sing song, but that's not the same as being mindless thugs. The ones I know all are very knowledgeable and don't go around beating up little old ladies.

Feb 14, 2010
The decision was made by Hebberd and his cronies, not the police.

Time we supported FCUM I think. Can we also ask Hebbard why Charlton was restricted to 18000 members when the ground held 28000 also. Its an attitude thing, they need to understand that its us customers that count, not him. He is there to serve us. Good luck FCUM. Brighton's middle management are a joke

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I agree with a lot of what you say. But is there actually a problem with FC fans being in the 'home' end? After all there were plenty of Albion in the home ends at Charlton, Peterboro and Southampton, and no problems. It certainly does not bode well for Falmer if Richard Hebberd does not think his hand picked bunch of combat trouser wearing rabble controllers are out of their depth against fans from division 8.

Some FC fans are a bit lively, certainly enjoy a sing song, but that's not the same as being mindless thugs. The ones I know all are very knowledgeable and don't go around beating up little old ladies.

To be honest the little old ladies in Manchester would probably fight back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Again,the 'problem' with Effsee fans in the home end is that it is against the rules (and also possibly against the law) to attend a football match and knowingly go in the opposition teams stands. I don't have a problem, where I sit at Withdean we are often sitting with fans/reps of the opposition team, because our seats are where a lot of the comp tickets are.

If a bunch of Effsee fans pipe up with singing and chanting, especially if they were to score, in the middle of the South Stand on Saturday, what would you expect to see happen to them? And what do you think everyone else around them would expect to happen?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think sometimes people really do believe they are invincible as they sit behind their keyboards making claims, counter claims, hurling insults and making [idle] threats. Do they really not understand that the Police, the Football Authorites, the Club, the SAGs, all can (and I imagine do) read this site, and the Effsee site, and read all the past comments, and all the past threads about behaviour, previous games, general attitude between corresponding fan groups. That will have something to do with their decision making, just like they have made it abundantly clear if another flare is used by Brighton fans, there will be reprocussions.

We know this to be true. Remember Villa last year? Several fans post on NSC saying they have tickets for the home end and before you can say "internet friend" Villa are cracking down on people that have never bought tickets with them before. These boards are monitored a lot closer than we probably realise.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
We know this to be true. Remember Villa last year? Several fans post on NSC saying they have tickets for the home end and before you can say "internet friend" Villa are cracking down on people that have never bought tickets with them before. These boards are monitored a lot closer than we probably realise.

It is incredible the amount of people who haven't worked out that NSC/Internet in general doesn't exist in isolation.

mickthered

Nov 18, 2010
Again,the 'problem' with Effsee fans in the home end is that it is against the rules (and also possibly against the law) to attend a football match and knowingly go in the opposition teams stands. I don't have a problem, where I sit at Withdean we are often sitting with fans/reps of the opposition team, because our seats are where a lot of the comp tickets are.

If a bunch of Effsee fans pipe up with singing and chanting, especially if they were to score, in the middle of the South Stand on Saturday, what would you expect to see happen to them? And what do you think everyone else around them would expect to happen?

I would love to see where you get this against the law idea from which would then mean almost every FC fan should have been arrested at almost every game that they have watched so far with almost all away games being played at grounds half the size of yours with pay on the gate and no segregation policed by a couple of hobby bobbies and some old committee members in fact a very large majority of games have had no police presence at all
The same at home games the only police there are the two coppers seconded to the club enjoy it that much have become members and don't even take a wage for doing the games
The same two have also told other clubs and police forces when phoned that they don't even need police at most of the games
So far the only games that have had a slightly larger then normal police presence for a away games has been the odd one in Yorkshire and Liverpool the only reasons for that is the fact that fans of other clubs likes leeds and liverpool have threatened to turn up to cause trouble

So going from that a few people running on the pitch and the odd smoke bomb turns this into a cat c game costing both clubs money and people not being able to get into a half empty ground to watch a game of football

Now I'm not apportioning the blame on anyone

But it does tell me some things not right somewhere

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would love to see where you get this against the law idea from

You may have noted that I said 'possibly' because I have a recollection of something like that being stated on a ticket for a match I went to, can't remember where, but I clearly typed 'possibly'. I am pretty certain, however, that it is against club rules for an opposing fan to knowingly buy tickets and sit in the home stands. I don't know if that is just our club, or ground, or all clubs and grounds, or all league clubs, we know it is not a requirment for all matches at below Conference Premier level.

As I said, I don't really care either way, I'm just pointing out that whilst I am sure you are all good natured chaps, don't spoil it for yourself, or for your club in the future by behaving in a fashion likely to cause concern for others safety and enjoyment. After all, this is excactly what some of your numbers have been suggesting will go on on Saturday, I wouldn't want to see anyone getting thrown out, more to the point, those lovely fellows in the Police/FA/FLA etc will have suitable ammunition to use against you should they see fit in the future, we've been threatened with it over a flare, in our own stand.

Attachments

• Liaison with visiting club.JPG
    Liaison with visiting club.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Am I the only one who really struggles to see Man U's "problems".

They're top of the Prem for F***s sake. The club may be in millions of debt, but I'm pretty sure that's within their capabilities to manage because of the club's assets. Their players, such as Rooney are paid nearly a million a MONTH. It's like those bloody people on Talksport that phone in saying that "yes, Chelsea won, but they didn't win well ENOUGH." Most of the Brighton fans would take their arms off for even a percentage of the success Man U have had over the years.

Surely it's a category C game, as, believe it or not, it is still ONLY the second round of the FA cup, to a team that aren't even in the league.

Or maybe I'm missing something?!?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

They're top of the Prem for F***s sake. The club may be in millions of debt, but I'm pretty sure that's within their capabilities to manage because of the club's assets. Their players, such as Rooney are paid nearly a million a MONTH. It's like those bloody people on Talksport that phone in saying that "yes, Chelsea won, but they didn't win well ENOUGH." Most of the Brighton fans would take their arms off for even a percentage of the success Man U have had over the years.

Surely it's a category C game, as, believe it or not, it is still ONLY the second round of the FA cup, to a team that aren't even in the league.

Possibly.

You do know its not the ACTUAL Man United we're playing, right?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Very well put :clap::clap::clap:

livelylobster

Nov 19, 2010

Erm...?

kazfcum

Nov 19, 2010
People have been going in the away end of other clubs since forever, even at United we get away fans in other parts of the ground.

Its not like the 70's and 80's when you used to get large numbers doing it just so they could say they'd done it or brag about 'taking' some one else's end.

The problem you have is being pointed out to stewards by the home fans even when your doing nothing but watch the game.

I all honesty can any of you say you wouldn't do it if you wanted to see a game badly enough ?

The sad thing is, is as has already been stated, we are both going to lose money on this due to the reduced revenue and extra policing. If we're lucky they'll only have one police helecopter out.

I still need 2 tickets by the way :bigwave:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I would love to see where you get this against the law idea from

I can't find Brighton's ground regulations but this is an extract from Fulham:

Notice: Entry to the Ground is expressly subject to acceptance by the visitor of these Ground Regulations and the rules and regulations of FIFA, UEFA, The Football Association, The Premier League and The Football League in respect of the relevant competition. Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations.
The Ground Regulations incorporate the Club's Customer Charter (if any).
Permission to enter or to remain within the Ground (notwithstanding possession of any ticket) is at the absolute discretion of the Club, any police officer or authorised steward.
Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of his own safety or for any other reason.

It's not against the law but you can be ejected just for being in the wrong section of the ground. And I would not be surprised if professional football grounds are licensed more carefully than non-league grounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here