Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United issue a statement regarding tickets.

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
On the subject of tickets, have the home tickets purchased online been posted yet, or are they collection at the ground only? I paid for mine on the 17th, got the confirmation email but haven't heard anything since. I sent an email to the ticket office this morning, and will give them a ring later but I thought I'd ask on here as well. :moo:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
On the subject of tickets, have the home tickets purchased online been posted yet, or are they collection at the ground only? I paid for mine on the 17th, got the confirmation email but haven't heard anything since. I sent an email to the ticket office this morning, and will give them a ring later but I thought I'd ask on here as well. :moo:
I bought mine online last weekend and they came through a couple of days ago...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As you ask:-
Arsenal and Spurs - with work
Chelsea, mainly Champions league (£30 a ticket for group games - been twice this year and no Im not a member)
Orient - with mates, turn up on the day and beer in their social club, a great day out
Millwall - friends, and dont have to be a member

So, you are effectively a member at Arsenal and Spurs.
Chelsea, you go to low profile games, which you can do easily at Withdean and Charlton.
Orient, good for them.
Millwall, you cannot go to high profile games without membership

Brighton v Charlton was high profile, whatever you say, the clubs thought so, the Police thought so, and the majority of fans thought so. Home teams are hardly going to agree to let unlimited away fans in, from the point of view of segregation (a legal requirement). Home fans don't want to feel outnumbered, and the home team is hardly going to be inspired coming out of the tunnel at a home game, to be met with a roar from the away fans and their own fans stuggling to make themselves heard.

It's the way of the world, it is how it is now, sorry If you can't comprehend that, but no amount of your constant whinging about this will change it. If you were to try and comply, perhaps you'll find it works for you, in the same way it works for thousands of others. :cool:

Feb 14, 2010
So, you are effectively a member at Arsenal and Spurs.
Chelsea, you go to low profile games, which you can do easily at Withdean and Charlton.
Orient, good for them.
Millwall, you cannot go to high profile games without membership

Brighton v Charlton was high profile, whatever you say, the clubs thought so, the Police thought so, and the majority of fans thought so. Home teams are hardly going to agree to let unlimited away fans in, from the point of view of segregation (a legal requirement). Home fans don't want to feel outnumbered, and the home team is hardly going to be inspired coming out of the tunnel at a home game, to be met with a roar from the away fans and their own fans stuggling to make themselves heard.

It's the way of the world, it is how it is now, sorry If you can't comprehend that, but no amount of your constant whinging about this will change it. If you were to try and comply, perhaps you'll find it works for you, in the same way it works for thousands of others. :cool:

With the greatest respect it is you that fails to understand. The capacity at Charrlton is 28000 the crowd was 18000. there was no need to make it members only. Supply and demand is a simple issue and it is time that football clubs behaved towards fans as a supplier does to its customer. I and thousands of others have friends that dont support brighton, in the same way orient, chelsea and arsenal fans know me, who is a brighton fan. Also many people have girlfriends, who have no interest in BHA and just want a day out. So stop your whinging when I point out the flaws in the brainless officious decisions. If they didnt make them, then people wouldnt point them out

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
-someone at Brighton is scared of the vocal support of a club 100 league places below them. Pathetic really.

No the idea that someone can think the reason you didn't get a full 15% is because we are scared of your vocal support is what's pathetic :lolol:

Just ignore the truth....oh you already did.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
With the greatest respect it is you that fails to understand. The capacity at Charrlton is 28000 the crowd was 18000. there was no need to make it members only. Supply and demand is a simple issue and it is time that football clubs behaved towards fans as a supplier does to its customer. I and thousands of others have friends that dont support brighton, in the same way orient, chelsea and arsenal fans know me, who is a brighton fan. Also many people have girlfriends, who have no interest in BHA and just want a day out. So stop your whinging when I point out the flaws in the brainless officious decisions. If they didnt make them, then people wouldnt point them out

One might argue Charlton missed a trick financially but you can't really blame the club (Brighton) for them not giving us any more tickets!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
but you can't really blame the club (Brighton) for them not giving us any more tickets!

I don't think this point has been understood.

Apparently I am whinging, I didn't mean to, I was trying to point out the salient points. It would appear that I had failed to realise that it was a brainless officious decision, and not one based on safety, security and let's not forget, what Charlton football club wanted.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't this point has been understood.

Apparently I am whinging, I didn't mean to, I was trying to point out the salient points. It would appear that I had failed to realise that it was a brainless officious decision, and not one based on safety, security and let's not forget, what Charlton football club wanted.

I wouldn't worry, approximately 100 people have tried to explain this point before you!

Feb 14, 2010
BHA and Charlton (so bha will lead you to believe) both had a cant do attitude. All they had to do was give BHA 2500 tickets to the side of the away end. did they do this, no, they made it all members and turned away all neutrals - brainless. Now they treat non league FCUM and the cup with no respect and have before implemented a stewarding system with stewards staring out teenagers who merely want to do as lLverpool teenagers do an support their team. Officious. Time for a change of attitude or a change of health and safety middle manager

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
BHA and Charlton (so bha will lead you to believe) both had a cant do attitude. All they had to do was give BHA 2500 tickets to the side of the away end. did they do this, no, they made it all members and turned away all neutrals - brainless. Now they treat non league FCUM and the cup with no respect and have before implemented a stewarding system with stewards staring out teenagers who merely want to do as lLverpool teenagers do an support their team. Officious. Time for a change of attitude or a change of health and safety middle manager

You might have a point with the game tomorrow but it was Charlton's ground to do with what they want.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I think I just worked it out, there seems to be an agenda here, not with the senior management (Richard Hebberd) but some nameless middle management type who is to blame for all of this. That's that solved then.

Thread Closed.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I cant say I've read through this whole binfest so apologies if I've missed something. The last I heard was that FCUM were appealing to the FA. What was the outcome of that? If an appeal has been made then the FA would have asked for the grounds on which the origial decision was made and take representation from all sides. If they upheld the original decision then doesn't it say something about the validity of that decision based on information that we dont have access to?

Feb 14, 2010
I think I just worked it out, there seems to be an agenda here, not with the senior management (Richard Hebberd) but some nameless middle management type who is to blame for all of this. That's that solved then.

Thread Closed.

I have no agenda, dont know who Hebbard is, and i dont know which middle manager is at fault. Im just the customer and judge on what I see, which is a poor cant do attitude, with an aggressive and a confrontational attitude to its customers which needs to change. Charlton was so stupid o make that members only in a 28000 capacity. the stewards staring teenagers out just pathetic, and now this to a non league outfit for a game we will not sell out (which is a shame as we are selling out league games)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sometimes it’s just easier if you just accept football is bizarre and goes against all other economic trends e.g. turn away thousands of customers when capacity isn’t near, annoy them continually and they still come back for more etc etc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I ordered mine the same day and still haven't got my tickets. I took a trip into town to the club shop because I was under the impression they didn't do duplicate printing o match days any more. They said that is the only day they can do it, so if it doesn't arrive in the post tomorrow, ring the ticket office.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Did anyone see the article in the arsegas "Ticket warning to Albion fans" where it states "Albion fans could be banned for life if they sell their FA cup tickets to rival supporters", further down the article Ken Brown is quoted "If people who are known to be away fans sit in home areas they will be ejected". Page 15 bottom left quarter of the page. Seems a bit OTT.

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
I ordered mine the same day and still haven't got my tickets. I took a trip into town to the club shop because I was under the impression they didn't do duplicate printing o match days any more. They said that is the only day they can do it, so if it doesn't arrive in the post tomorrow, ring the ticket office.

I rang the ticket office early afternoon and arranged to pick up a ticket on the gate. Still no sign of the one that was supposed to be sent. Chap in the office said I wasn't the first to call about tickets not turning up for this game, and implied that they've had some problems with Royal Mail over this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here