Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United issue a statement regarding tickets.

Feb 14, 2010
Brighton finding a way to not sell tickets to those that want them shock, now whhere have i heard that befoe, heard that before heard that before. 18000 at Charton v Brighton, 28000 capacity and selling tickets to members of both clubs only. The middle management at brighton need to go on a few customer relations courses to learn tat they are their to serve the customer, not hinder them

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Brighton are doing what they have been advised to do, why they powers that be have made this decision I couldn't say but don't blame the club because as you say, we'll lose money too.

I thought we alway lost money. To the tune of about 2 million a year? For the last 13 years? Which is why we're happy with the people who run the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
May I offer sincere apologies from all FC fans and fans of all other clubs world wide

After reading the above I think its time now that a new law was passed that any football club in the future that has any problems that the fans meekly just give up

It seems that
there is no point in the future of any fans protest any more because they simply just could not match your protest

Never in my life did I expect the chicken mourners from Self pity city to lose their title

I look forward to reading my dads bigger then your dad next issue

You still haven't got a frigging clue about life outside ManUre or its devil spawn have you? That brief summation of our last 15 years was to illustrate that no matter what you may think, ours 2 clubs' 'struggles' have absolutely nothing in common. Thanks for your contribution-confirms why I loathe Mancs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
probably not revisit your forum-( though i may lurk)I have written my own thoughts -not those of anyone else and merely speculated about the source of the demand to make us a Catogory C club -someone somewhere suggested it -question is who? oh and why.

Trouble is, despite so many peoples perception that the Police are mindless thugs incapable of doing anything beneficial to society, they do read things like:

I have it on good authority that amongst the FCUM fans coming down on Saturday there are will be an usually high number of trouble makers with some of Man United’s firm apparently coming down for the weekend, many travelling without match tickets.

Hopefully it’s bollocks but the person that told me has no reason to bullshit and is very much in the know about this sort of stuff, I’m told many of the trouble makers will be congregating in the pubs by the train station.

Don’t shoot the messenger by the way.

So what do they do? They could ignore it as juvenile wankfests, or they could decide not to take the risk. The Police will have to be out in force, regardless of whether this is shite or not.

When you read how much crap there is on this board about this, about Effsee Untied fans who are adamant they will be in the home end (illegal), how many comments about the behaviour of FCUM fans elsewhere (by both Albion posters and FCUM posters), about how they might behave when they come here (standing on the running track, refusing to sit down at any point during the game etc).

I would expect that some (if not all) of the commentry on here has been read by the club/SAG/Police and had an influence on the decision not to allow more tickets to be released to them.

So they look at the idiots who went on the pitch at Rochdale (the Police don't have to see it as 'misinterpreted good nature', it is illegal), they consider many factors, including the segregation issues at Withdean, the councils requirments and of course, as we now know, the SAG, and have decided not to give them an additional allocation.

It's a shame they haven't been given the full allocation for their biggest ever game so far, but in other ways, they have no right to any more than Man City had, than any away team has had (Woking only had 870).

It is sad that this is being reported as the 'fault' of Brighton & Hove Albion FC' when clearly there have been other reasons for this decision, who knows, perhaps good old 'fan power' has even had an influence on this too.

In advance, thank you for the flaming I'll get for this post :cool:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Trouble is, despite so many peoples perception that the Police are mindless thugs incapable of doing anything beneficial to society, they do read things like:

So what do they do? They could ignore it as juvenile wankfests, or they could decide not to take the risk. The Police will have to be out in force, regardless of whether this is shite or not.

When you read how much crap there is on this board about this, about Effsee Untied fans who are adamant they will be in the home end (illegal), how many comments about the behaviour of FCUM fans elsewhere (by both Albion posters and FCUM posters), about how they might behave when they come here (standing on the running track, refusing to sit down at any point during the game etc).

I would expect that some (if not all) of the commentry on here has been read by the club/SAG/Police and had an influence on the decision not to allow more tickets to be released to them.

So they look at the idiots who went on the pitch at Rochdale (the Police don't have to see it as 'misinterpreted good nature', it is illegal), they consider many factors, including the segregation issues at Withdean, the councils requirments and of course, as we now know, the SAG, and have decided not to give them an additional allocation.

It's a shame they haven't been given the full allocation for their biggest ever game so far, but in other ways, they have no right to any more than Man City had, than any away team has had (Woking only had 870).

It is sad that this is being reported as the 'fault' of Brighton & Hove Albion FC' when clearly there have been other reasons for this decision, who knows, perhaps good old 'fan power' has even had an influence on this too.

Completly aggree Phil.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

The police advice given by Manchester police was given prior to the replay based on information they had, I wouldn't imagine a few mindless posts on NSC had any influence on this at all.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brighton finding a way to not sell tickets to those that want them shock, now whhere have i heard that befoe, heard that before heard that before. 18000 at Charton v Brighton, 28000 capacity and selling tickets to members of both clubs only. The middle management at brighton need to go on a few customer relations courses to learn tat they are their to serve the customer, not hinder them

Are all EffSee fans morons ? It's not the decision of the club you pin brained idiot. I think fans like you need some reading lessons.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are all EffSee fans morons ? It's not the decision of the club you pin brained idiot. I think fans like you need some reading lessons.

Working class pride is a brighton "fan" I believe. Likes to complain about how hard it is to get a ticket, if you go back to any of the "I'm having trouble ordering online/phoning the ticket office" threads, he's posted in most of them criticising the club.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
My God, what a bunch of self righteous wankers some of you have become! You should be ashamed of yourselves, you sound pathetic! If the boot was on the other foot we would be outraged by a decision like this. Cat C game against a team in division 8, a half empty ground, based on decisions by an unelected quango that meets in secret, no right of appeal and no explanation necessary or provided. And we are supposed to live in a democracy!

As a game, obviously it's not high on our list of priorties, probably a bit like Villa felt when we went to our "cup final" there in last years 3rd round, but I don't recall Villa fans calling us a moaning tin pot club with delusions of grandeur. We should really be all in this together, fighting crap decisions by the authorities who just really just want us to pay our money, turn up, sit down quietly and all be good little boys and girls. There is absolutely no valid reason why they can't have the extra tickets, it's just that the police can't be arsed to do their job and this gives them an easy day. They need to have a look at how the Saints game was policed and stewarded to see professional crowd control in action, rather than the amateur and pathetic attempts at Withdean.

Absolutely spot on. Brighton are making themselves look very small-time over this, whoever's to blame.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Working class pride is a brighton "fan" I believe. Likes to complain about how hard it is to get a ticket, if you go back to any of the "I'm having trouble ordering online/phoning the ticket office" threads, he's posted in most of them criticising the club.

I stand partially corrected !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You still haven't got a frigging clue about life outside ManUre or its devil spawn have you? That brief summation of our last 15 years was to illustrate that no matter what you may think, ours 2 clubs' 'struggles' have absolutely nothing in common. Thanks for your contribution-confirms why I loathe Mancs.

Oi! I'm a Manc!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If you disagree with fans on the pitch Phil I assume you will therefore CODEMN those mindless thugs who followed Brighton and Hove Albin in 1996/7 and who regularly were on the pitch at home games that season, as Archer and Bellotti worked out how to divvie up the gains from the sale of the Goldstone.

Did Manchester's OB make lots of arrests after the Rochdale game? What exactly do you expect with a 91st minute winner in the FA Cup in the biggest game of the club's history, a quiet round of applause and a sip of cocoa?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've not read this thread, but I'm going to make a prediction. I bet it's a pile of tedious wank. From both sides of the fence.

I really can't believe a second round f.a cup game has caused such a fuss and so many threads and posts. I'd almost, almost, rather the board was filled with withdean wanderer moan ups and 1066 binfests. Can we just stop with it now?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If you disagree with fans on the pitch Phil I assume you will therefore CODEMN those mindless thugs who followed Brighton and Hove Albin in 1996/7 and who regularly were on the pitch at home games that season, as Archer and Bellotti worked out how to divvie up the gains from the sale of the Goldstone.

Sorry but that is a load of bollocks and you well know it. If those things hadn't taken place we wouldn't be having this Mankwankfest now because there'd be no Albion, no Withdean and no Amex around the corner.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've not read this thread, but I'm going to make a prediction. I bet it's a pile of tedious wank. From both sides of the fence.

I really can't believe a second round f.a cup game has caused such a fuss and so many threads and posts. I'd almost, almost, rather the board was filled with withdean wanderer moan ups and 1066 binfests. Can we just stop with it now?

The EffSee fans feel, with frankly good reason that seeing as this is the biggest game in their club's admittedly short history that they should have been offered 15% of the seats available. The Police have decided for reasons that are far from clear that they feel that there could be trouble and have advised the club to only give FC 10%. I can easily understand the fans of FC's ire but why do they keep blaming the club ? Both teams will lose money so what would we, BHAFC, gain from the limited allocation ?

Sorry but that is a load of bollocks and you well know it. If those things hadn't taken place we wouldn't be having this Mankwankfest now because there'd be no Albion, no Withdean and no Amex around the corner.

Besides which, I don't see Superphil actually condeming it anywhere anyway. All he says is there are consequences to that kind of activity. I don't have a particular problem with fans getting 'overexcited', but to expect that there wouldn't be any reaction from the old bill afterwards is naive at best.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The police advice given by Manchester police was given prior to the replay based on information they had, I wouldn't imagine a few mindless posts on NSC had any influence on this at all.

I was refering to possibility of requests for more tickets, which were made after the initial 850 were given.

Did Manchester's OB make lots of arrests after the Rochdale game? What exactly do you expect with a 91st minute winner in the FA Cup in the biggest game of the club's history, a quiet round of applause and a sip of cocoa?

That really wasn't my point.

Besides which, I don't see Superphil actually condeming it anywhere anyway. All he says is there are consequences to that kind of activity. I don't have a particular problem with fans getting 'overexcited', but to expect that there wouldn't be any reaction from the old bill afterwards is naive at best.

I think that sums up what I was trying to say, I was really trying not to voice an opinion on this, because I agree with what El Pres says. The point is, whether we like it or not, there are rules governing fans in our sport, and I think that it is possible in this instance that the fans themselves have contributed to this issue. If they hadn't gone on the pitch at Rochdale, if there were no threats of invading the home end at Withdean, threats of buying tickets in the home end, threats of never sitting down, of standing on the running track, if there were no comments about 'firms' coming down, then the Police/club/SAG would have a much harder time tring to justify not giving them more tickets.

I think sometimes people really do believe they are invincible as they sit behind their keyboards making claims, counter claims, hurling insults and making [idle] threats. Do they really not understand that the Police, the Football Authorites, the Club, the SAGs, all can (and I imagine do) read this site, and the Effsee site, and read all the past comments, and all the past threads about behaviour, previous games, general attitude between corresponding fan groups. That will have something to do with their decision making, just like they have made it abundantly clear if another flare is used by Brighton fans, there will be reprocussions. If we win on Satuday, how do you fancy drawing Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/ etc in the 3rd round, but because some idiot on Saturday lights a flare, we only get 1000 tickets? Who are you going to blame, the Police, the FA, the Club?

I would love to see the 2 stands at the east full of passionate away fans, I sit very close the there, the Woking fans made it a great atmosphere for us, much better than our 'singing' section, the Effsee fans would do likewise.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We should really be all in this together, fighting crap decisions by the authorities who just really just want us to pay our money, turn up, sit down quietly and all be good little boys and girls. There is absolutely no valid reason why they can't have the extra tickets, it's just that the police can't be arsed to do their job and this gives them an easy day.
You're probably right, unfortunately they've managed to lose all sympathy from anyone who has read the drivel they have written on here trying to blame us for this decision, despite being told about two weeks ago that is was a police/safety decision none of them seem to have yet managed to comprehend that sentence. Add the fact that their club seems to be deliberately trying to muddy the waters around this fact and it's easy to see why a lot of people don't give a f*** if they want a couple of hundred more seats.
Not that it matters anyway, we could have been as sympathetic as anything I doubt anything would have changed this decision.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We have both had our struggles in the past QUOTE]
not meaning to be rude here (and i admire your stance incidentally)...but i fail to see the
correlation between our past struggles and yours.
did you have a chairman that came in purely with the intent on earning a profit from your team?
did you then see your ground sold from under you for an enormous profit to said chairman?
have you ever had to invade the pitch and smash up your own ground to get your feelings across?
have you ever stood outside your ground..urging fellow fans not to go in?
did you then travel 160 mile round trip to watch home games?
have you had to put up with being in an athletics track for 13 fuckin years?
have you had to march (several times) in order to get what you want?
have you had to fight against an adjacent council intent on destroying the club?

no?

didnt fuckin think so.
simple fact is...you dont/didnt like your chairman.
ours tried to fuckin KILL us.
similarities?
dont fuckin think so me old china

watching this story unfold FCUM have tried to make it sound as though they have been hard done by like us
and the above post puts it very succinctly

and if a decision has been made by others
its not our fault
it might be a bad decision but its been made so get over it

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here