Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Pub in Brighton & Hove?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
While agreeing with you about the William IV, I note that the person complaining about poncey rarities is the same person who delights in making posts about Scandinavian musicians so obscure that they're scarcely known outside their own families. :)

Hang on a cotton-picking minute. Several things here. The William IV isn't for me at all. I'm not a big fan of old man pubs per se, I am just applauding the owners for not succumbing to the pressure of turning it into a trendy pub considering the location. I'm all for variety. And as for having a go at my music tastes, I'd like to think that they are a bit more eclectic than just obscure Scandinavian musicians.

Anyway, I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that because I have esoteric musical tastes that I should embrace all that is hipster and reject the mainstream, you mischievous little tinker.

p.s. check out Lay Low on Soundcloud. She's born in London, half-Sri Lankan, grew up in Reykjavik and plays country/folky blues Farewell Good Night's Sleep (2008) by lovisalaylow on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hang on a cotton-picking minute. Several things here. The William IV isn't for me at all. I'm not a big fan of old man pubs per se, I am just applauding the owners for not succumbing to the pressure of turning it into a trendy pub considering the location. I'm all for variety. And as for having a go at my music tastes, I'd like to think that they are a bit more eclectic than just obscure Scandinavian musicians.

Anyway, I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that because I have esoteric musical tastes that I should embrace all that is hipster and reject the mainstream, you mischievous little tinker.

p.s. check out Lay Low on Soundcloud. She's born in London, half-Sri Lankan, grew up in Reykjavik and plays country/folky blues Farewell Good Night's Sleep (2008) by lovisalaylow on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free :thumbsup:
Bet she's a sort ??

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bet she's a sort ??

Yes...in a quirky way rather than a Konni Huq kind of beauty. Might nor be your type, matey.
Lay_Low.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Whats the matter with girls and small tits, I just dont see the point.

wheres the best pub to go and see a good rack these days?

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
This changes for me pretty frequently, but right now I'm very much enjoying:
  • The Shakepeare's Head for their bangers & mash menu
  • The Robin Hood for their pub quiz (which I've been lucky enough to win a couple of times recently)
  • The Evening Star for the amazing ale they have both on tap and on the shelves
  • The Earth & Stars for just being a pretty good chilled out place to enjoy a few beers in

There definitely are a few places that have really raised their game in the past year or so - my nominations for "Most Improved Pub" would include Good Companions, The Signalman and The Florist, but on the flipside, The Eddy, The Mash Tun, Open House and The Lion & Lobster are all not patches on the places they used to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here