Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Pub in Brighton & Hove?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sadly, that has been what it has been like the last few times I have been in there. It also seems to be attracting a slightly more chavvy crowd IMHO than 2 years ago.

I'm very much with you on this. TMLS only likes it because of his fantastic pulling record in the pub. We could give the Hop-Poles or whatever it is a blast if you like.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sadly, that has been what it has been like the last few times I have been in there. It also seems to be attracting a slightly more chavvy crowd IMHO than 2 years ago.

But you havent been in there as often as meself and mendonca have recently as you have been a BENNY doing SENSIBLE things like SAVING money :kiss:

Also Fridays seem to be better than Sats in there.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hove is good, not full of teenagers. Still loving the Black Lion, best pub tunage going, although Cricketers was impressive the last two times I've been

This. Cricketers was well good and the bar staff :love:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm very much with you on this. TMLS only likes it because of his fantastic pulling record in the pub. We could give the Hop-Poles or whatever it is a blast if you like.

Four no five one nite stands and two long term G/F from that place. Not bad at all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The William IV is in the best location in the whole of Brighton and it still refuses to become a trendy pub and fair play to them for that. On the rare occasions I go in they inevitably have Chris Rea or Reo Speedwagon playing, they don't ponce about with rare Albanian stouts and they don't offer Vietnamese street food on the pub menu.

While agreeing with you about the William IV, I note that the person complaining about poncey rarities is the same person who delights in making posts about Scandinavian musicians so obscure that they're scarcely known outside their own families. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whereas I've had my arse pinched by a gayer, pulled a big fat pig when I was off my face and .... that's about it.

I had my arse pinched, and was told rather camply 'You are a long way from home' in the Green Door Store last Saturday. Mind you, I was dressed as a CHiP (American motorcylce cop if you're too young) at the time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
While agreeing with you about the William IV, I note that the person complaining about poncey rarities is the same person who delights in making posts about Scandinavian musicians so obscure that they're scarcely known outside their own families. :)

I think his username gives it away.

Besides what PMB means is pretentious for pretentious sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here