Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Pub in Brighton & Hove?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
While agreeing with you about the William IV, I note that the person complaining about poncey rarities is the same person who delights in making posts about Scandinavian musicians so obscure that they're scarcely known outside their own families. :)

Hang on a cotton-picking minute. Several things here. The William IV isn't for me at all. I'm not a big fan of old man pubs per se, I am just applauding the owners for not succumbing to the pressure of turning it into a trendy pub considering the location. I'm all for variety. And as for having a go at my music tastes, I'd like to think that they are a bit more eclectic than just obscure Scandinavian musicians.

Anyway, I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that because I have esoteric musical tastes that I should embrace all that is hipster and reject the mainstream, you mischievous little tinker.

p.s. check out Lay Low on Soundcloud. She's born in London, half-Sri Lankan, grew up in Reykjavik and plays country/folky blues Farewell Good Night's Sleep (2008) by lovisalaylow on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hang on a cotton-picking minute. Several things here. The William IV isn't for me at all. I'm not a big fan of old man pubs per se, I am just applauding the owners for not succumbing to the pressure of turning it into a trendy pub considering the location. I'm all for variety. And as for having a go at my music tastes, I'd like to think that they are a bit more eclectic than just obscure Scandinavian musicians.

Anyway, I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that because I have esoteric musical tastes that I should embrace all that is hipster and reject the mainstream, you mischievous little tinker.

p.s. check out Lay Low on Soundcloud. She's born in London, half-Sri Lankan, grew up in Reykjavik and plays country/folky blues Farewell Good Night's Sleep (2008) by lovisalaylow on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free :thumbsup:
Bet she's a sort ??

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bet she's a sort ??

Yes...in a quirky way rather than a Konni Huq kind of beauty. Might nor be your type, matey.
Lay_Low.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Whats the matter with girls and small tits, I just dont see the point.

wheres the best pub to go and see a good rack these days?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Selection of sawts behind the bar in The Hikers often on matchdays.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
This changes for me pretty frequently, but right now I'm very much enjoying:
  • The Shakepeare's Head for their bangers & mash menu
  • The Robin Hood for their pub quiz (which I've been lucky enough to win a couple of times recently)
  • The Evening Star for the amazing ale they have both on tap and on the shelves
  • The Earth & Stars for just being a pretty good chilled out place to enjoy a few beers in

There definitely are a few places that have really raised their game in the past year or so - my nominations for "Most Improved Pub" would include Good Companions, The Signalman and The Florist, but on the flipside, The Eddy, The Mash Tun, Open House and The Lion & Lobster are all not patches on the places they used to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here