Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fatties chucked out of All you can eat - Brighton. Mongolian BBQ.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think the law would come down on the side of the couple who were barred. They haven't done anything wrong and this is quite a clear breach of their statutory rights. I know things seem black and white at first but once in a courtroom and in the hands of solicitors things get very complicated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Two rugby players making total pricks of themselves. Whatever next.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I think the law would come down on the side of the couple who were barred. They haven't done anything wrong and this is quite a clear breach of their statutory rights. I know things seem black and white at first but once in a courtroom and in the hands of solicitors things get very complicated.

Restaurants, pubs or shops can ban anyone they want for whatever reason.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Not quite, if they banned you because of your gender, race or religion then they'd be breaking the law but I doubt few would be stupid enough publicly use one of those as a reason.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
That photo! :lolol:, what the f&ck are they doing, trying to look like two rather large starving Africans!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Going into an all-you-can eat diner in the States is a very depressing experience. The characters in there make these guys look anorexic.

Agreed, walking into an all you can eat breakfast diner and looking at the size of some of the people around you is disgusting.

Are you a hundred percent sure about that? I know that if, for example, Tesco wrongly label an item at (say) 99p, when the correct price is in fact £29.99, they are under no obligation to sell it to you at 99p. They just withdraw it from sale and say you can't buy it at 99p.

So I wondered if the same applies to this guy? What he definitely can't do is advertise dinner for £12, and then once punters have eaten, give them a bill for £20, but the all you can eat aspect strikes me as essentially an offer, and one he is legally entitled to withdraw as he sees fit. He reserves the right to say people can't have it.

If he was repeatedly pulling the rug from under punters' feet, and doing the same with every customer that he's done to the two chozzers, then I imagine Trading Standards might be interested, but as it stands, it's just two guys complaining, and he'll have a decent argument that their consumption went beyond what was reasonable.

This. The two blokes sound like nob's anyway. Seriously what tight ass these days goes to a restaurant and doesn't tip (unless the service has been dreadful) especially after 2 years.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This. The two blokes sound like nob's anyway. Seriously what tight ass these days goes to a restaurant and doesn't tip (unless the service has been dreadful) especially after 2 years.

I'll only tip if I think the service has been exceptional and the staff have gone out of their way to make my meal special. Unfortunately it's becoming less and less common. When I was a waiter I never expected tips - I just did my job as best I could knowing I was being paid - if I was tipped I saw it as a bonus.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
2 sides to every story. The fatties say that they've been banned for eating too much; the restaurant owner was on 5 live last night and said that he'd banned them for the way that they behaved when they visited. Seems a reasonable enough reason to ban someone from your establishment to me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think he's getting good publicity out of this at all. If anything it will put people off, knowing the restaurant owners are watching how much you eat. If they were shoving people then someone at the buffet should have grown a pair and had a word.

er, it appears he did and banned them. all the non-fat pig input is the place is nice and doesnt watch how much you eat. those wanting to go and make a fuss over this might like to consider the resturant may decide to withdraw its all you can eat in the future, to the detriment of all the others who've not taken the piss over the years.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
2 sides to every story. The fatties say that they've been banned for eating too much; the restaurant owner was on 5 live last night and said that he'd banned them for the way that they behaved when they visited. .

So someone is lying.....Only one way to resolve this....

FIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT.

My money is on the chubsters.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
mr-creosote.jpg

Could've been worse!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Not exactly true. If the two guys had good representation I would think they would probably be in with a chance of compensation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here