Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fatties chucked out of All you can eat - Brighton. Mongolian BBQ.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
almost, there is a limit on sausage and bacon, however i'm quite happy to make a house with hash brown walls and a flat roof, 3 fried eggs to stop the rain getting in, a baked bean driveway and 10 acres of scrambled egg, they've not barred me yet

No limits on the breakfast at PremierInns, but you need a lot of FRONT to order mental amounts. Staying in Lancaster a while back, a chap on the next table ordered a full English, with TEN sausages, and TEN bacon. And ate the lot. He wasn't even particularly FAT, surprisingly. The greedy twat.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I haven't been to Mongolian BBQ for years but the food used to be pretty tasty. Okay, not gourmet but you don't pay much. Problem is that no-matter how many recipies you follow, or mix n match, they all end up tasting the same after you've tried a few

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Disgusting, greedy, liberty taking scumbags. Never paid service charge and only drank water. Wankers.

I am firmly on their side I'm afraid. They are clearly not well off and are making use of an offer. So what they don't drink alcohol, the booze in that place is expensive. Okay, they could leave a service charge every now and again but to be fair they have already paid 12 quid (quite a lot for what you get) and no-one serves you or waits on you, you do it all yourself except throw it on a hotplate. If the owner's behaviour is as that reported in this article I wouldn't tip either. Restaurants make a huge mark up on food and booze and their is categorically no talent or skill involved in what the cooks do there so

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am firmly on their side I'm afraid. They are clearly not well off and are making use of an offer. So what they don't drink alcohol, the booze in that place is expensive. Okay, they could leave a service charge every now and again but to be fair they have already paid 12 quid (quite a lot for what you get) and no-one serves you or waits on you, you do it all yourself except throw it on a hotplate. If the owner's behaviour is as that reported in this article I wouldn't tip either. Restaurants make a huge mark up on food and booze and their is categorically no talent or skill involved in what the cooks do there so
Spot on. Being thrown out of an all-you-can-eat before I've had my fill is one of my worst nightmares. And looking at the picture they're not that fat either.

PS - Anybody know of an all-you-can-eat KFC? I think that would pretty much be my ideal restaurant.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I dont think they have done anything wrong. Its all all you want and that is what they have done.

How many people here saying they are in the wrong have been to a free bar and got absoluitely twatted? Same thing.

Restaurants also have large overheads. It`s a tough business and many places have closed down. Most right-minded people would have more respect than to go and gorge themselves for two years. It would be ok if they did it occassionally but they were obviously taking the piss. If we all did it these restaurants couldn`t exist. With all his overheads, rent, rates, staff and the rising costs of food i don`t think there is much profit to be had from twelve quid and it was probably costing him money to have these two liberty taking tits in there. I know if I was running the business, working long hours, I wouldn`t put up with it and I would gladly slap their sweaty, chubby faces on his behalf.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
We visit here a few times a year, about 10-14 of us each time, and most of us easily go through 8 bowls. It's that nice you can just chuck it down ya self! And I am by no means a huge heffa like those two (i'm a HUGE 11 stone)

So by my reckoning, they are going easy on the restaurant by only having 5 bowls.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know at the end of Ramadan I am ready for a good nosh up at these sort of places.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Restaurants also have large overheads. It`s a tough business and many places have closed down. Most right-minded people would have more respect than to go and gorge themselves for two years. It would be ok if they did it occassionally but they were obviously taking the piss. If we all did it these restaurants couldn`t exist. With all his overheads, rent, rates, staff and the rising costs of food i don`t think there is much profit to be had from twelve quid and it was probably costing him money to have these two liberty taking tits in there. I know if I was running the business, working long hours, I wouldn`t put up with it and I would gladly slap their sweaty, chubby faces on his behalf.

Far as I'm concerned, if you cannot afford to honour your offers, don't make them. I've eaten there, believe me the food is quite nice but if it wasn't all you could eat that place would be emptier than it already is.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Plus, they only went twice a month for 2 years. That's nothing. If I was them I'd sue that bastard for public humiliation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here