Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Slim at the Amex

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Apparently 2 nights planned for Amex in 2012 - 35k tickets for each night. Is this rumour true? Just read it in a comment at the bottom of the Darren Carter article in the Argus about him extending his trial.

Sorry if fixtures (or if I dreamt this or read it wrong), but if true would be amazing.....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've heard this, early Summer next year but 35K can't be right, not least because the maximum allowed by the planning permission is 22.5k expect it to be 20k ish.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Could you IMAGINE the queues for refreshments if there were 35k people with the stadium in it's current form i.e. capacity not expanded

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Question is, will we sell 20k+ tickets for Fatboy Slim (a number of us who've seen him free before) at £30 two nights runnings. I'm not sure he's got so much appeal as before?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thought everyone knew this was planned

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To clear a couple of things up:

1) No more than 22,500 people can currently use the stadium for any event, due to planning. More would be possible if this were lifted.
2) We are only allowed 1 concert per year ("pop"), so can't see it being two nights.

Can't see why catering would be a problem as mentioned above as there wouldn't be a half time rush. Travel would also be easier to as it will probably be organised with both warm-up and warm-down acts with people arriving and leaving in dribs and drabs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
To clear a couple of things up:

1) No more than 22,500 people can currently use the stadium for any event, due to planning. More would be possible if this were lifted.
2) We are only allowed 1 concert per year ("pop"), so can't see it being two nights.

Can't see why catering would be a problem as mentioned above as there wouldn't be a half time rush. Travel would also be easier to as it will probably be organised with both warm-up and warm-down acts with people arriving and leaving in dribs and drabs.

2 is not true, it's up to 50 outdoor events in any 12 month period with no more than two music events. The Stadium can only be open till 11 (or 10 on Sundays) as well, so will be start early finish early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here