Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Slim at the Amex

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
To clear a couple of things up:

1) No more than 22,500 people can currently use the stadium for any event, due to planning. More would be possible if this were lifted.
2) We are only allowed 1 concert per year ("pop"), so can't see it being two nights.

Can't see why catering would be a problem as mentioned above as there wouldn't be a half time rush. Travel would also be easier to as it will probably be organised with both warm-up and warm-down acts with people arriving and leaving in dribs and drabs.

£2m income per gig, 5,000 hotel rooms, 1,000 part time jobs (plans out of the window)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
2 is not true, it's up to 50 outdoor events in any 12 month period with no more than two music events. The Stadium can only be open till 11 (or 10 on Sundays) as well, so will be start early finish early.

Yes it is, hence why I put "pop" in brackets. We're allowed one "pop" concert and one "classical" concert.

£2m income per gig, 5,000 hotel rooms, 1,000 part time jobs (plans out of the window)

eh? I assume you're suggesting they should flout the planning rules?

All hotels in Brighton are full every weekend anyway. Also (as per the previous 2 fatboy slim concerts) it will almost certainly be for local people only.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm massively underwhelmed by this. Fair play to Norman Cook for being an Albion fan and his success in the music industry. But another bloody concert, i'm sorry....i'm out!

Old hat.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yes it is, hence why I put "pop" in brackets. We're allowed one "pop" concert and one "classical" concert.

eh? I assume you're suggesting they should flout the planning rules?

All hotels in Brighton are full every weekend anyway. Also (as per the previous 2 fatboy slim concerts) it will almost certainly be for local people only.

Where does it define the type of concert allowed?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Won't there be cranes on the pitch next summer installing the extra seats? Can't see there being any time for concerts if so.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Won't there be cranes on the pitch next summer installing the extra seats? Can't see there being any time for concerts if so.

The stage will be up against the east stand with work going on behind it I reckon, or they'll just do the easy work next summer and fill in the corners (if planning permission is granted). Rememeber, after you're put the concret on it's just a matter of installing the railings, and seats and work internally to the concourse. That all happened pretty quickly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can you imagine getting 35k away from the stadium at 11pm.

Will they really get about 15k on the pitch, I doubt it.

The recent Stanmer Park had a 20k capacity/license and finished at midnight ie after the trains had finished. They somehow demonstrated this could be done to the council to get the license*

Anyone know what the Essential capacity was?

*I say demonstrated as on the day only 10k turned up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
30k if memory serves.

This seems about right from my memory as well. It was certainly more than 22k. So, I'd say it's been demonstrated that transportation for a 30k gig crowd in that area is not an issue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still want a Motohead gig at the AMEX though, turned up to 11 as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
does FBS really have the ability to attract 30k PAYING customers these days?

Topping a festival style event/bill I'd say so. He headlined at the sold out 20k SW4 last summer.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I thought it was in the planning document, but perhaps it was just the club in which case I guess it could be changed.

I remember being allowed one 'pop' and one 'classical' concert a year being mentioned during the planning process but I don't know if that made it into the final agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here