Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Slim at the Amex

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
i like the idea of it being an all day/ 2 day festival with him headlining

i like that a lot

The locals would go MENTAL. Actually, I'm not sure what if anything there is in the planning permission to stop that, aside from the opening and closing times. There might be something to say not two events on consecutive days? If not, then it would be down to licencing, etc.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I would rather Radiohead headlining supported by Grinderman and maybe a bit of British Sea Power thrown in.
Fat boy slim could busk in the underpass bit between the Uni and the ground.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
Who WANTS to see an OLD has been like Fat Boy SILM ? They would be better off PUTTING his 'GIG' on at Dicks with all the OTHER past it FLOPS like Attila, THAT's big enough for the 35 or so who want to see HIM.

Why can't they PUT megastars LIKE Lady GAGA on and NOT some Dick Tight lookalike ?

tanker....:facepalm:

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
all is going to be revealed on the night of the west ham game, fair play to norm a genuine brighton supporter who has put a lot of his own money into this club...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Fatboy Slim aka Norman Cook, Albion supporter and all round good egg, top fella......As for his music, I personally would not walk across the road to see it. I know a lot of Albion fans will jump on the bandwagon and go because its the Amex etc etc, but surely he is more of a festival/beach artist. Not sure this would be the sort of gig that would lend itself to a stadium. Surely a big rock/pop group would go down better than a load of drugged up ravers...Think this is doomed to failure and would be surprised if in excess of 15k tickets were sold.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Fatboy Slim aka Norman Cook, Albion supporter and all round good egg, top fella......As for his music, I personally would not walk across the road to see it. I know a lot of Albion fans will jump on the bandwagon and go because its the Amex etc etc, but surely he is more of a festival/beach artist. Not sure this would be the sort of gig that would lend itself to a stadium. Surely a big rock/pop group would go down better than a load of drugged up ravers...Think this is doomed to failure and would be surprised if in excess of 15k tickets were sold.

I agree with all of this except I think it will sell out- thats if the price is set at a reasonable level. I wont be going though.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Agree with this. I bought one of his Albums and think I have played it twice. Couldn't we get a decent band in and perhaps FBS could support?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To clear a couple of things up:

1) No more than 22,500 people can currently use the stadium for any event, due to planning. More would be possible if this were lifted.
2) We are only allowed 1 concert per year ("pop"), so can't see it being two nights.

Can't see why catering would be a problem as mentioned above as there wouldn't be a half time rush. Travel would also be easier to as it will probably be organised with both warm-up and warm-down acts with people arriving and leaving in dribs and drabs.

With the gigs taking place in 2012 , wouldn't the capacity be 30k if they took place after the new seats went in ?
1 pop concert per year , if none are held in 2011 can it carry forward to 2012 so 2 pop concerts are allowed ?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Apparently 2 nights planned for Amex in 2012 - 35k tickets for each night. Is this rumour true? Just read it in a comment at the bottom of the Darren Carter article in the Argus about him extending his trial.

Sorry if fixtures (or if I dreamt this or read it wrong), but if true would be amazing.....

I am assuming Azure will be selling Strawberries,or will they be subbing that line of catering out.:D:rave::rave::laugh::laugh::rave::rave:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
The locals would go MENTAL. Actually, I'm not sure what if anything there is in the planning permission to stop that, aside from the opening and closing times. There might be something to say not two events on consecutive days? If not, then it would be down to licencing, etc.

Noise levels will be restricted after a set time probably 10.00pm, i think i have read attendance for concerts limited to either 20 or 30 thousand can`t remember which.

Last edited:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
but would it not be bigger with standing on the pitch ?

The issue with attendance is not capacity but what public transport can handle,if the gigs finish at 10.00pm can BR cope with getting every one to Brighton station and then home,as we have very limited parking facilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here