Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Lush, The Great Cornholio, Tom Hark Preston Park et al

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Well, well, well..........children.......please.........STOP.....!!!!!!!!!!! Have I lost the plot......or at the present time in our history are we in the middle of a Public Inquiry to decide the future of our club..........??????? Thanks to people like Shorehamgull, Lord B and several others....they are doing there best to keep us up to date with how its going. Now......whats more of an important issue on the phone-in and NSC...?????? "a squabble in the playground" from so many fans on the same side.....or OUR FUTURE...........????????????

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Its all a bit childish.

I have said before I could perhaps have chosen a more mature thread heading then 'Is Harty a tossbag?' but this is all getting very pathetic now.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Why not decide it with a wanking race, he who comes first wins. It could be touch and go!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Fair point Richie, although as the author of the offending thread I think you've not exactly covered yourself in glory, as as you recall with my PM to you last week I apologised almost immediatley. Yes I was wound up and I was wrong to bite, and the same goes for the PM to THPP and TGC, I thought asking them to meet face to face was the right thing, having spoken to several of my media colleagues it appears I was the only one to think this.

For the record I have no doubt that neither THPP or TGC were not supporters of the Archer regime at any time after the Goldstone sale, what I was merely stating was the view from the former Gulls Eye team that down the years all of us pissed a few people off down at the Albion and it would be easy to settle old scores and specifically put me in a bad light via this site.

As has been suggested I'm more than happy to meet THPP and TGC at the Sportsman for a beer before the Wigan or Reading games and then we can draw a line under this whole saga, until that is Richie weaves his magic again!

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Harty well said, you are a legend still to some of us exiles who used to subscribe to Gulls Eye as our only point of contact with the Albion in the pre internet days so don't spoil it matey by being drawn into name calling, it never works.

Keep the faith!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Harty said:
Fair point Richie, although as the author of the offending thread I think you've not exactly covered yourself in glory, as as you recall with my PM to you last week I apologised almost immediatley. Yes I was wound up and I was wrong to bite, and the same goes for the PM to THPP and TGC, I thought asking them to meet face to face was the right thing, having spoken to several of my media colleagues it appears I was the only one to think this.

For the record I have no doubt that neither THPP or TGC were not supporters of the Archer regime at any time after the Goldstone sale, what I was merely stating was the view from the former Gulls Eye team that down the years all of us pissed a few people off down at the Albion and it would be easy to settle old scores and specifically put me in a bad light via this site.

As has been suggested I'm more than happy to meet THPP and TGC at the Sportsman for a beer before the Wigan or Reading games and then we can draw a line under this whole saga, until that is Richie weaves his magic again!

The drinks are on Harty. :drink: :clap2:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Harty said:

As has been suggested I'm more than happy to meet THPP and TGC at the Sportsman for a beer before the Wigan or Reading games

Just keep it to one or two beers eh Ian. We don't want you on the pitch at half time giving it "Come on NSCers! Where are you? Let's be 'avin you! Come on!"

:p

Last edited:

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
I notice Harty did not extend the drinking invitation to LUSH. He clearly knows what state she was in the last time she was on the beers with an Albion legend and does not want VOM dribbling down his trouser leg when hosting the phone in :drink::sick:

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Cheeky Monkey said:
Just keep it to one or two beers eh Ian. We don't want you on the pitch at half time giving it "Come on NSCers! Where are you? Let's be 'avin you! Come on!"

Speak for yourself. I think it'd be great!

Edit: Tongue in cheek goes here

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Lets be 'avin ya! :jester: :clap: :clap:

I like everyone involved so I'm not getting involved. THPP, TGC, Lush and Harty are all brilliant :thumbsup: :bhasign:

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
cdavis said:
Well, well, well..........children.......please.........STOP.....!!!!!!!!!!! Have I lost the plot......or at the present time in our history are we in the middle of a Public Inquiry to decide the future of our club..........??????? Thanks to people like Shorehamgull, Lord B and several others....they are doing there best to keep us up to date with how its going. Now......whats more of an important issue on the phone-in and NSC...?????? "a squabble in the playground" from so many fans on the same side.....or OUR FUTURE...........????????????

Well said cdavis :thumbsup:

I have kept very quiet during this whole situation, basically because I did not want to get involved.
I would very much prefer that this whole chapter about Harty is now CLOSED and NEVER to be mentioned again.

I for one have my opinions about what Ian Hart said and don't entirely agree with him, but that is what is so good about living in country where we have freedom of speech.
I and many others on NSC have been annoyed by the constant bickering and name calling of ALL members involved in this argument, this is not a way we should be behaving at quite a critical time in the clubs history.
And as cdavis mentions their are more important issues to think about with this club like supporting the team and providing full backing into giving the club its future.
We should be fighting against the people who are against us getting an stadium, not amongst ourselves.
I think is great that we have things like the fans phone-in and NSC so we can put our opinions across, but they should not be used as places where we are bickering with each other and have to resort to name calling.
I have chatted to people like Lord B, Tom Hark and Alan Gold's at the inquiry and I have had a great laugh with them, and I can see that they are dedicated Albion supporters and people I have no problems with. They have their opinions and we may not all agree, but we don't stand there in the town hall calling each other every name under the sun.
In terms of the fans phone-in I do feel it does need to few changes and can be improved to a great standard, any ideas would be appreciated by the producer I am sure.

Just everyone PLEASE be at peace now for the sake of BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION

Thanks
SG
:albion:

Last edited:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Harty said:
To re-iterate, once again, I have no hidden agenda with the club generally or Messrs Knight and Perry in particular. Granted I am sceptical of certain things but that's born out of a the old adage of once bitten twice shy, as I can never forget that I, like many other people connected with the club was duped by Archer and co and to my eternal shame and embarrasment I instigated a standing ovation for Bellotti at a Gulls Eye dinner 13 months before they sold the Goldstone.

I am in a privileged postion having a foot in the media camp and perhaps have been party to certain facts and events that although I would never publish or broadcast them they do put a different light on certain things.

Harty

Ian
These two paragraphs you have chosen to be linked together suggest that something untoward is going on at the club. Please refute that without further ado.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
:yawn:

I can't help thinking that there's a different version of NSC that goes out in Worthing.

I fail to see why the people named on the radio show and in the heading of this thread deserve the personal attacks from Harty. There have been several others far more scathing and childish in their criticism who seem to be ignored.

I think it's time to grow up, matey.

Re: Re: FAO Lush, The Great Cornholio, Tom Hark Preston Park et al

Waterhall Wizard said:
Ian
These two paragraphs you have chosen to be linked together suggest that something untoward is going on at the club. Please refute that without further ado.
Can I just add to this plea by WW the thought that a message board like NSC is actually a better place to deal with such issues than a "heated debate" on a radio phone in?

IF there are issues or concerns that need to be raised by someone who has "heard something", the extended opportunity for discussion that the internet provides will better allow views to be expressed, arguments to be developed and any misunderstandings to be cleared up.

45 minutes on a Saturday afternoon usually ensures that half the people who might contribute are unable to do so. And there's a real risk that the loudest or last caller will appear to have "won" the debate.

So ... come back, Harty. Join the NSC discussions. We'd welcome any insights that you have. And, I guess, after the last week, most people here will give you the respect that you deserve.

And thanks for clearing up my concerns that you might really have thought that THPP and the Grand Cornholio deserved the condemnation that came across in your radio rant yesterday.

Let peace now prevail. And may the phone-in flourish at what it does best - getting post-match reactions from fans who were at the game.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
This has been like a sodding soap opera! Thankfully, it looks like the credits have now rolled on the last episode. Not that "credit" has played much part in the drama. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here