Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Lush, The Great Cornholio, Tom Hark Preston Park et al

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
But there's a difference between debate and abuse.

I can do no better than quote (in full) the PM I received from Harty himself:-

Thread

Ed,

I don't mind criticism, as in the Lost the plot thread to which I've replied, but the other one is just plain abuse, clearly you can see that, please can you remove the tossbag thread.

Ian

I've been away a week too and just catching up.

Just one point of order, did you get permission from IH to quote this. I hope so as I remember Ritchie Morris getting some severe verbals from yourself and roz for quoting a mail from Liz Costa.

Just checking to confirm to myself that double standards don't actually exist in the world of NSC moderating.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Just to put your mind at rest, the transcript was what was said on the radio for anyone to hear.

The email that was reproduced was sent to one individual.

munster monch said:

Just one point of order, did you get permission from IH to quote this. I hope so as I remember Ritchie Morris getting some severe verbals from yourself and roz for quoting a mail from Liz Costa.

Just checking to confirm to myself that double standards don't actually exist in the world of NSC moderating.
I'd prefer to have sent you a pm with this answer, but since you have disabled pms, it'll have to be here.

I have spoken with Harty three times during the week and he's perfectly happy that I'm trying to clear the air on NSC.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Harty said:
Check you PM WW

That's the answer to everything is it? P.M.? Don't you think as a responsible member of the media you have a duty to advise the public of what you know that could be affecting the future of a football club that we all financially contribute to, and in many ways, quite significantly.

For the record, I'm totally impartial to any views of you, I don't care enough about individuals on an immotive subject like BHAFC. But I really don't think you are being fair to Albion fans if you are being made aware of information that could prove important to fans and you continue to hold it to yourself.

I understand this may be a timing issue bearing in mind we are in the middle of a critical public enquiry, but if that's the case, keep it to yourself until you are able to share information with us. Otherwise, you really aren't being fair telling us 'you know something but can't say'. Personally I find that wholly unprofessional given the position you have.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
IF Harty had information pertaining to some financial murkiness going on at the club, are people really, honestly, expecting him to publish this on a public messageboard, on the internet for all and sundry to read for our consumption and titillation on NSC ?

Quite apart from the timing of it, Harty would have to be absolutely rock-solid on this, or risk (another) fairly hefty lawsuit from the club. People are seizing on the slightest thing and reading so much into it...what is it Harty said ?

"I am in a privileged postion having a foot in the media camp and perhaps have been party to certain facts and events that although I would never publish or broadcast them they do put a different light on certain things."

So from this, people seem to be trying to deduce all sorts of underhand goings-on at the club. Why ? DK and MP have done more than enough to earn the trust of the supporters - we all know what they've done for the club, I hardly need to repeat it again here. Harty's comment is perhaps a little ambiguous in its nature, but it seems to me that its only those who want to find fault somewhere who are seizing on this paragraph and reading all sorts of sinister undercurrents into it.

Well I say BOLLOCKS. There is no way we are getting stitched up or sold down the river by the current board. If it turns out that DK and MP end up being a couple of crooks, then you can tar me and feather me, and string me up on the Clock Tower the Saturday after their dastardly plan all comes to light.

Now can we stop trying to look for controversy and tittle-tattle where there is none. PLEASE.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
IF Harty had information pertaining to some financial murkiness going on at the club, are people really, honestly, expecting him to publish this on a public messageboard, on the internet for all and sundry to read for our consumption and titillation on NSC ?

Actually, yes, I would. That's why I always read Ben's Grandad's posts which hint at that stuff. I WANT it to be shot down by force of reason. 'Information pertaining to some financial murkiness going on at the club' is EXACTLY what should be aired in the public domain - so long as it is able to be substantiated obviously. I'm 99.99% sure the Knight/Perry regime is as straight as a die, but if that wasn't the case, I'd hate to have to read about it first in The Argus when its too late to do anything about it.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tom Hark said:
Actually, yes, I would. That's why I always read Ben's Grandad's posts which hint at that stuff. I WANT it to be shot down by force of reason. 'Information pertaining to some financial murkiness going on at the club' is EXACTLY what should be aired in the public domain - so long as it is able to be substantiated obviously. I'm 99.99% sure the Knight/Perry regime is as straight as a die, but if that wasn't the case, I'd hate to have to read about it first in The Argus when its too late to do anything about it.
Sure, I'd want to know about it too. If it were FACT.

There's a big difference between "information pertaining to some financial murkiness going on at the club" and actual stone-wall facts about misdoings. I wouldn't expect Harty, or anyone else, to stick their necks out and start writing up scurrelous rumours on here about the club. Of course we'd all want to know about it if something really was going on, but all I can currently go by is the track record of those in charge since they took over, and I can see absolutely no reason to doubt their activities or their motives.

Now if Harty has some facts to hand that contradict that, and I mean FACTS, then yes, he should come out with it. But all I've seen so far is some people getting over-excited over a 3 line paragraph that could have absolutely anything read into it. And thats not enough, in my view, to start a witch-hunt.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
munster monch said:

Leave me OUT of this one please! Not least because I strongly resent the suggestion that I am part of some sort of double act. If I want to be fecking awkward I can do it ALL BY MYSELF, thanks!

Seagull73 said:
That's the answer to everything is it? P.M.? Don't you think as a responsible member of the media you have a duty to advise the public of what you know that could be affecting the future of a football club that we all financially contribute to, and in many ways, quite significantly.
Since Harty isn't posting on NSC at the moment, and allaying fears and quashing rumours is what Seagull73 is asking for, maybe I should respond.

As people will see from my previous message, I have spoken with IH on the phone. One of things we spoke about was his comment that "as a member of the media, I get to hear things".

The specific example he gave me dated back to when we were at Gillingham and Nick Rowe was Chief Executive.

Things have moved on - a lot - since those days. I think everyone who has been attending the Public Inquiry can confirm that, these days, the regime at the Albion is astonishingly open with fans. It's not just that Dick Knight and Martin Parry say "Thank you for coming". They talk to supporters about just about anything. And it's not just an "inner sanctum" of Albion supporters who turn up at Brighton Town Hall.

Just one example - already reported on NSC by ShorehamGull - Martin Perry's comment about Mark McGhee when MP first saw the Argus headline the other day about MM looking for a striker.

And, btw, no. There's not a rift at the top, just in case anyone feels like phoning Harty about it on Saturday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I also tend to view Peseus's threads with suspition too.

ie Why did he want a £ per £ breakdown of the costs of the stadium which was on teh "ask the club" forum?

Whilst we are all interested in a round about figure, we do not all desire how much each flagstone will cost.

When I read that I assume he has another agenda that he is working to...Pende anyone?

Dave, Harty's Media Whore

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bracknell said:

Just one example - already reported on NSC by ShorehamGull - Martin Perry's comment about Mark McGhee when MP first saw the Argus headline the other day about MM looking for a striker.

I missed that one..what was that about?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my thanks m'lud

So Ubergruppenfuhrer reads NSC. Excellent

Can i ask him about the bond that was in place when Archer was disposed of...LOL:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here