Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Lush, The Great Cornholio, Tom Hark Preston Park et al

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
alan partridge said:
You've GOT to admire the cheek of Richie Morris calling this whole incident pathetic:lolol: :lolol:

I think it'd make a great fanzine article.

D'OH!:jester:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Waterhall Wizard its nothing untoward that's gone on its just seeing the bigger picture and what goes on behind the scenes can sometimes give a different perspective on certain things.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I've obviously missed all this, what's happened? - no, don't tell me I don't want to know.

BTW Ian congratulations on being made a Trustee at St Barnabas.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Harty said:
For the record I have no doubt that neither THPP or TGC were not supporters of the Archer regime at any time after the Goldstone sale...

As has been suggested I'm more than happy to meet THPP and TGC at the Sportsman for a beer before the Wigan or Reading games and then we can draw a line under this whole saga

Thank you for clearing up the 'Archer' point, Ian. Much appreciated. As for the rest of it, well, I don't have any problem whatsoever with you having a pop on the radio. Only defending yourself innit. Happy to meet you for a beer. Not at the Sportsman, cos can't stand the place, but can usually be found in the Brewery Tap on match-days. Else I dare say there will be plenty of opportunities for for beers at end-of-season meat-ups and the like. So far as I'm concerned everybody's had their say and the line's already drawn under the thing. Cheers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
cdavis said:
Well, well, well..........children.......please.........STOP.....!!!!!!!!!!! Have I lost the plot......or at the present time in our history are we in the middle of a Public Inquiry to decide the future of our club..........??????? Thanks to people like Shorehamgull, Lord B and several others....they are doing there best to keep us up to date with how its going. Now......whats more of an important issue on the phone-in and NSC...?????? "a squabble in the playground" from so many fans on the same side.....or OUR FUTURE...........????????????

Not the most eloquent of posts in this thread but certainly the most sensible.

:clap:

Lush

Mods' Pet
I agree that this thread is not doing anyone any favours - but I can't help thinking that posting NOTHING smacks of cowardice. So here goes.

Ian - I have no problem at all with you personally - you've never done anything personally to upset me. Don't make out that for some reason "I don't like you" because I do and admire what you achieved in the dark days of Archer and Bellotti.

This only "goes beyond footballing matters" in as much as I think that the fans phone-in isn't working as it stands, is all.

As an aside, I do think that, as a broadcaster, your constant references to "The Lovely Lydia" and "The Lovely Sophia", not to mention the jibes on here about knitting, are a bit last-century media man don't you think?

Perhaps that's a subject for another thread. But in a week when Delia was headline news perhaps the theme of women in football would have been interesting? And if you want an opinion on wearing your heart on your sleeve while under the influence of alcohol I'm sure I could have thought of someone. :D

You could have posted a thread on here saying this would be one of the subjects for this weeks phone -in - does anyone have any opinions? We could have thought about it and phoned up. There are lots of articulate people on here.

It might solve your problem of your callers coming in a rush at the end. It might also help you fill dead time when there are no callers.

Anyway that IMHO would have been a more interesting theme than "Come and have a go you NSC-ers if you think you're hard enough" rant. Obviously it would have taken a little more thought and planning...

There are lots of ways NSC could help make the phone-in better. Don't be so defensive.

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I think the whole bloody thing its getting a bit tedious. No fan is better than another whether it be Ian or NSC. However NSC smacks of 'self importance' most of the time.

Just give the bloody debate a rest and get behind the sodding albion isnt that what we all have in common and supposed to be doing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"It might solve your problem of your callers coming in a rush at the end. It might also help you fill dead time when there are no callers." Posted by Lush

In harty's defence, the first half of the show tends to be filled witha caller or two who are asked to hang on as MM or someone from the club wants to come on, or local league results etc etc, that then leaves not much time for the callers at the end, I think that is why it appears there is a rush at the end.

I do think that people get the idea that it is an Albion Phone in, when it is a SCR phone in, which of course caters for all of sussex and parts of hampshire/surrey. That is why Doris from haywards heath may want to talk about Crawley Town etc.

I agree with people on here , it is time to wind this up and move on......

Lets talk about something that is depressing me horrendously at the moment........Huddersfield lost 2-0 to Sadford on saturday....which is like us losing to Place. I am very very very depressed.

caz99 said:
However NSC smacks of 'self importance' most of the time.
I don't see how NSC can smack of anything.

This is like suggesting that WH Smith writing paper "smacks of sentimentality", because some people use it to write love letters.

NSC is only an outlet for comment, news, opinion, games, drivel and the promotion of exotic cheeses. It has thousands of registered members and hundreds of daily users, all with different opinions. "It" doesn't have any sort of human characteristics at all.

NSC's users are a cross-section of Albion supporters, just like the Phone-In callers. I doubt if either group is typical of Albion supporters as a whole. The mistake that some people make is to forget this.

Incidentally, Harty - GARY HART - got it right, in Saturday's Sports Argus:-

Q: Do you ever look on the supporters' website North Stand Chat?
James Wiggins, Hove.

A: Sometimes, if I've heard that there is something about me on it. It gives you a good idea of what the fans think about you. I pick and choose what I read depending on what it says. I skim past the bad ones and just read the good ones. I also look on the Seagulls World website, which is pretty good.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Harty said:

As has been suggested I'm more than happy to meet THPP and TGC at the Sportsman for a beer before the Wigan or Reading games and then we can draw a line under this whole saga, until that is Richie weaves his magic again!

Yay.

Lets all blame it on me shall we :)

I have said sorry for the TITLE of the thread enough times both in pm's and on the board itself.

I have also since defended Harty and said it is all going too far.

BUT

Perhaps it is best for Harty to pretend it was all because I started a thread that lots of other people wrote critical posts.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Richie Morris said:
Yay.

Lets all blame it on me shall we :)

I have said sorry for the TITLE of the thread enough times both in pm's and on the board itself.

I have also since defended Harty and said it is all going too far.

BUT

Perhaps it is best for Harty to pretend it was all because I started a thread that lots of other people wrote critical posts.

But it was you who started all of this.Its all your fault...as is the crap fanzines that are appearing. If you got your act together we would have a decent Richie Morris fanzine...but no...you let us all down!!!

You are a dreadful stirrer and should be banned. In fact, when I get elected to NSC moderator, you will be the first up against the wall

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Lord Bracknell said:

NSC's users are a cross-section of Albion supporters, just like the Phone-In callers. I doubt if either group is typical of Albion supporters as a whole. The mistake that some people make is to forget this.

exactly NSC is a smal minority of Albion supporters. The point i was trying to make is that sometimes a few on NSC seem to think their viewpoint is the'viewpoint' of all albion supporters and if you dont agree with this viewpoint your outcast.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
But it was you who started all of this.Its all your fault...as is the crap fanzines that are appearing. If you got your act together we would have a decent Richie Morris fanzine...but no...you let us all down!!!

You are a dreadful stirrer and should be banned. In fact, when I get elected to NSC moderator, you will be the first up against the wall

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I did start it yes...but someone else started a 'Has Harty lost the plot' moments after. Will they be joining me against the wall?

If I am a stirrer I am in good company. I can think of a few others who fit that bill, not least being Harty himelf...BUGGER, there I go again...

Richie Morris said:
I did start it yes...but someone else started a 'Has Harty lost the plot' moments after. Will they be joining me against the wall?

If I am a stirrer I am in good company. I can think of a few others who fit that bill, not least being Harty himelf...BUGGER, there I go again...
But there's a difference between debate and abuse.

I can do no better than quote (in full) the PM I received from Harty himself:-

Thread

Ed,

I don't mind criticism, as in the Lost the plot thread to which I've replied, but the other one is just plain abuse, clearly you can see that, please can you remove the tossbag thread.

Ian

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
exactly

Lets have a Richie Morris witchhunt thread

:p

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
goodness gracious - who gave us (NSC) the right to decide what gets discussed by someone on the radio after the game?

you may not agree with what he is saying, but how it becomes a personal NSC slanging match I am bemused? I'm not sure I like being an "NSC"ite if this is how we're going to be represented?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
tedebear said:
goodness gracious - who gave us (NSC) the right to decide what gets discussed by someone on the radio after the game?

you may not agree with what he is saying, but how it becomes a personal NSC slanging match I am bemused? I'm not sure I like being an "NSC"ite if this is how we're going to be represented?

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here