Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Dean Wilkins - FFS get us a new Keeper!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The whole team was piss poor today WW.
I just get a bit sick and tired when a defeat like this is pinned squarly (or primarily) on the goalie, because it hides a multitude of failings around the whole team today.

It wasn't a great kick, no. But there was plenty more that could have been done by the defence before their guy leathered it into the top corner.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to some old guy on the bus on my way home, Kuipers is off at the end of the season because his wife doesn't like living down here.

Same bloke also claimed that if we don't get promoted this season, Wilkins will resign and go to work with his brother.

The bloke did also claim to be a loyal ManUre season ticket holder, and has been for 50 years, so quite what he was doing watching us in the first place is anyone's guess.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Quite a large post.

But like people say...it's quality not quantity.

And there is no quality to read here. Just a complete load of rubbish about one of the most loyal and passionate members of our playing staff!

Not to mention the fact that he has saved our arses on numerous occasions this season!

:tumble:
Maybe, but no one bothered to reply to anything other than he's saved us many times this year!!

Not many can see past the spectacular saves. All keepers make great looking saves, he's not the only one. My view is off him overall as a player, not just his great saves. Yes, he made a great looking save today when he tipped that one ontro the bar, but I would honestly expect any professional keeper to have saved that shot from that angle. It looked good, but it was a save anyone would have made.

And he aint loyal, he's proved that in the past. When we sign a new keeper in the summer for the vacant number one shirt (and I'm sure the management know who that is already), we'll see just how loyal he is!

Ignore todays mistake, it's not about that, but no one on here can truely say that Kuipers kicking doesn't put the side under a lot of unnessersary pressure.... can they?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Completely unfair assesment of him.

Did you go to either Forest or Leeds Mr.B? I can't really comment on Forest but supposedly his saves kept us in the game and won us the point. The two saves that I saw on Soccer Night were both top draw, and he's had rave reviews from not just our fans but Forest ones aswell.

Now I went to Leeds, and he was MOM by a mile. Two world class stops, firstly to deny a strike from about 20 yards which was bound for the top corner, and secondly a one on one for Dougie Freedman which he swiped away from him as he pulled back the trigger. It wasn't just his shot stopping in this game that impressed me, he commanded his box superbly and Leeds couldn't get anything past him.

So thats two clean sheets against two of our 'play off rivals'. If he was really arrogant, he'd have taken the spotlight for himself, but he congratulated everyone of his fellow players and even those who didnt play, before showing his complete joy to the fans and applauding them. He went mental when we equalised at Orient aswell, running up to our fans and celebrating with us. A true servant to our club, and tbh for all the shit he's taken, I dont know why he bothers sometimes.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
From what I recall of today's game (I couldn't bear to watch that much of it), the woodwork had already saved us on at least four occasions, prior to Port Vale's excellent and calmly taken third. Their player still had to get the ball in the net - something Robinson failed to do from a similar position and with, I think, the Vale keeper further off his line. In fact, I was surprised that Coxy got mom - I think our crossbar was far more worthy of the award.

Let's just accept that we were not just beaten, but comprehensively outplayed by the better team on the day and it is probably worth getting down to the bookies to have a flutter on Vale winning the 4th Division Championship (c the campaign for real names for divisions).

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Good call WW: blame Kuipers for losing us the game, on the basis that he was at fault for their 3rd goal. We are staying DOWN & it's all YOUR FAULT Michel - you useless dutch waster!! :glare:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The whole team was piss poor today WW.
I just get a bit sick and tired when a defeat like this is pinned squarly (or primarily) on the goalie, because it hides a multitude of failings around the whole team today.

It wasn't a great kick, no. But there was plenty more that could have been done by the defence before their guy leathered it into the top corner.
If you read it, it's not about todays game, its about Kuipers as a goalkeeper overall. No one in todays game playing in goal would have stopped us getting beat today, so stop whining people are blaming Kuipers for todays defeat. Yes, the third goal was down to him, but the defeat wasn't, ITS NOT ABOUT TODAY

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Completely unfair assesment of him.

Did you go to either Forest or Leeds Mr.B? I can't really comment on Forest but supposedly his saves kept us in the game and won us the point. The two saves that I saw on Soccer Night were both top draw, and he's had rave reviews from not just our fans but Forest ones aswell.

Now I went to Leeds, and he was MOM by a mile. Two world class stops, firstly to deny a strike from about 20 yards which was bound for the top corner, and secondly a one on one for Dougie Freedman which he swiped away from him as he pulled back the trigger. It wasn't just his shot stopping in this game that impressed me, he commanded his box superbly and Leeds couldn't get anything past him.

So thats two clean sheets against two of our 'play off rivals'. If he was really arrogant, he'd have taken the spotlight for himself, but he congratulated everyone of his fellow players and even those who didnt play, before showing his complete joy to the fans and applauding them. He went mental when we equalised at Orient aswell, running up to our fans and celebrating with us. A true servant to our club, and tbh for all the shit he's taken, I dont know why he bothers sometimes.
I'm not talking about one or two games here, I'm talking about his game overall. No doubt we was magnificent at Forest and Leeds, and won us one or two points, but overall, over 46 games in a season, I think he places us under more pressure purely down to his woeful kicking, and costs more point than he wins. As I said in my piece, there is no problem with his shot stopping, it's everything else that lets him down. If you could add just an average keepers kick for this level, and better comanding of the area (over a season not the forest game), you would have a great keeper. But you can't, and he's not.

Last edited:

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
what a complete load of shit....kuipers needs a defence b4 you start jumping on the he's useless band wagon.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
"I don't like him as a person but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement as I write 10,000 words why Kuipers is the third worst player to put on an Albion shirt."

If you want a keeper that can distribute the ball as his priority then no doubt you are a Wanker Henderson fan. Great at long kicks and headers out of the box (oops, that one went to Chris Eagles!!) and if that part of your game is ok then why worry about stopping goals. Perhaps you should ask the four defenders in front of him who they preferred playing with, Kuipers, Blayney, Henderson or Flinders. I would suggest that only Flinders is any competition. Yes it would be great to have a world class keeper playing League One football for us but I for one am happy Kuipers is our No.1 keeper.

Mr Burns, do you model yourself on the Springfield tycoon or the Major from M.A.S.H.?

D

Deleted User X18H

"I don't like him as a person but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement as I write 10,000 words why Kuipers is the third worst player to put on an Albion shirt."

If you want a keeper that can distribute the ball as his priority then no doubt you are a Wanker Henderson fan. Great at long kicks and headers out of the box (oops, that one went to Chris Eagles!!) and if that part of your game is ok then why worry about stopping goals. Perhaps you should ask the four defenders in front of him who they preferred playing with, Kuipers, Blayney, Henderson or Flinders. I would suggest that only Flinders is any competition. Yes it would be great to have a world class keeper playing League One football for us but I for one am happy Kuipers is our No.1 keeper.

Mr Burns, do you model yourself on the Springfield tycoon or the Major from M.A.S.H.?
Drew you found us I am so glad ..........I love you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
FDM wasn't on form today, but was far from the worst player on the pitch.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Are we talking about Kuipers the keeper that kept clean sheets at Forest and leeds?

To say the 3rd goal was the crucial one is a joke - we should have been about 5-1 down by then

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007

SPOT ON!!!!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

A keepers priority is shot stopping. All I would like to see is a keeper capable of reaching the half line with the wind up his arse one one of the smallest pitches in the league. If you could add Henderson distribution to Kuipers shot stopping, you'd have a better than league one keeper. The fact you say "Wanker Henderson Fan" probably makes you a "Wanker no one but Kuipers fan".

The fact that the number one shirt is vacant says it all. The fact that Coppell, McGhee, Wilkins, Taylor all made Kuipers 2nd choice when there was an other option says it all. f*** me even Micky Adam subbed him at half time on his debut, cause he couldn't do as he was told and couldn't kick the f***ing ball.

I just hope that when he becomes the number 2 keeper again over the summer, who ever it is (Flinders) isn't crusified every week because he'a not a FDM.

And where did I say he's the 3rd worst ALbion player to put on the shirt. Most overrate in this squad totally, certainkly not the third worst ever.

Oh, and the Springfield Tycoon..........

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Are we talking about Kuipers the keeper that kept clean sheets at Forest and leeds?

To say the 3rd goal was the crucial one is a joke - we should have been about 5-1 down by then
Don't think anyone did say that did they. And it should have been 6-1 by then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here