Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO all you morons singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" ..

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Well I obviously didnt think he was acctually trying to start a fight with a taxi!

He was Running too fast to have a fight anyway!

Joke or not, it still looked stupid!!

Shouldn't you be commenting on a certain 17 year olds facebook , your cretin (unt.

Anyway..I realise I was wrong, I mean, when your 1-0 down...the players want to be hearing West Ham songs , dont they? Not Brighton songs. How silly of me.

Oh god - them morons at Tulse Hill were cringe-i-rific. :wave:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
i thought the celebrations yesterday were probably the best ive seen for a long time ,
everyone was like falling over going mental , and i randomly starting hugging some bloke next to me :laugh:

That may well have been me. If it wasn't, then there was more that one pair of strangers hugging each other last night... :safeway2:

Back on topic though, I was one of those stuck back in the "pen" with the idiots singing after the game. (Idiots as in: you've really got to be stupid to still find it funny almost three hours after the first time you sang it...)

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
So when we play Southampton on November 14, we must all sing along to the Pompey Chimes and anybody objecting to this brilliantly witty banter will be told to get real.
Fresh-faced Albion fans will hand out song sheets so that all can cope with the verbal complexity of the lyrics penned by Admiral Arthur Rum-Buggery of Gosport.

So when we play Southampton on November 14, we must all sing along to the Pompey Chimes and anybody objecting to this brilliantly witty banter will be told to get real.
Fresh-faced Albion fans will hand out song sheets so that all can cope with the verbal complexity of the lyrics penned by Admiral Arthur Rum-Buggery of Gosport.
Why wait until November 14? We're playing Wycombe Wanderers next Saturday.

For some reason, they have a rivalry with Colchester United. We should be singing this, I guess:-

We're not the Layer Road,
We're not the Clock end,
We're the Barside Colchester.

Anyone know the tune?

Are you deliberately missing the really very simple point?

Singing 'Bubbles' was topical, given events earlier in the week. Football chants are all about banter, winding up the opposition, and whether you agree or not, it would have got a rise out of at least some of the Millwall fans.

Yes you can argue that some people dragged it on a bit, and certainly singing it outside the ground from behind the safety of a load more Brighton supporters who were more likely to suffer as a result was not very clever but really, what harm was done?

Some people really do take things far too seriously.

What amazes me is that someone thought it necessary to write the words down on a song sheet.

Doesn't EVERYONE know the words to 'Bubbles' anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Forever_Blowing_Bubbles

ImForeverBlowingBubbles.jpg

Incidentally ... 'Bubbles' was first sung at Upton Park by Swansea Town supporters in the early 1920s.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Are you deliberately missing the really very simple point?

Singing 'Bubbles' was topical, given events earlier in the week. Football chants are all about banter, winding up the opposition, and whether you agree or not, it would have got a rise out of at least some of the Millwall fans.

Yes you can argue that some people dragged it on a bit, and certainly singing it outside the ground from behind the safety of a load more Brighton supporters who were more likely to suffer as a result was not very clever but really, what harm was done?

Some people really do take things far too seriously.

f***ing hell at last someone 'gets' it ....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So a few fans try and wind up Millwall fans by singing 'Bubbles' in the wake of the West Ham game?

Does it REALLY matter?

God, some Brighton fans are over prescious sometimes.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
So a few fans try and wind up Millwall fans by singing 'Bubbles' in the wake of the West Ham game?

Does it REALLY matter?

God, some Brighton fans are over prescious sometimes.

I think, to be fair, its just some of the cardboard c*nts on this board that are over prescious about these 'nothing' incidents

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Probably.

Personally, I couldn't care less about things like this.

Im more miffed at the fact at almost every home game at Withdean there will be some little kid wearing a Liverpool shirt, or some dick with a Chelsea coat on or something.

I do sometimes think a lot of people on here believe they have some sort of 'ownership' of the ideal of Brighton fans.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
i thought the celebrations yesterday were probably the best ive seen for a long time ,
everyone was like falling over going mental , and i randomly starting hugging some bloke next to me :laugh:

Then I Pushed Alex Over :lolol:

the oreo's summed the day up really, f***ing brilliant :yahoo:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What amazes me is that someone thought it necessary to write the words down on a song sheet.

Doesn't EVERYONE know the words to 'Bubbles' anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Forever_Blowing_Bubbles

ImForeverBlowingBubbles.jpg

Incidentally ... 'Bubbles' was first sung at Upton Park by Swansea Town supporters in the early 1920s.
well they know the chorus at least , not the verses :lol:

Verse 1

I'm dreaming dreams,
I'm scheming schemes,
I'm building castles high.
They're born anew,
Their days are few,
Just like a sweet butterfly.
And as the daylight is dawning,
They come again in the morning.

Verse 2

When cattle creep,