Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO all you morons singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" ..

part of the atmosphere at football matches is the banter (even hatred) between supporters of the two teams. It's often as important to get one over on the home fans as it is to win the game.
Indeed. But banter is when you stand proud and identify yourselves in the face of the opposition.

When you hide round the corner at the back of a post-match queue, protected by an eight foot high fence and hundreds of people in front of you, it hardly qualifies.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder, had those fans pushed past everyone to get to the front to then banter with Millwall, would anyone be any happier?

Its not like they were pissing on anyone's granny was it?

I cringe when Brighton fans sing 'By far the greatest team...' etc. Don't feel the need to start a bloody thread about it...

The best banter I ever heard was on the way to the Priestfield to watch the Albion play Orient.

We were on a rail replacement bus between Rochester and Gillingham and a little lad, aged about seven, wearing Orient colours and accompanied by his mum and dad, got on to the bus and chanted - in a very squeaky voice - to the three dozen Albion fans who were sharing the ride:-

"Clap your hands if you hate West Ham!"

Marvellous scenes. And that is just one of the reasons why I didn't sing "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" yesterday.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I barely got past the first page as it appeared to be CHILDISH RAMBLINGS to me

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
i thought the celebrations yesterday were probably the best ive seen for a long time ,
everyone was like falling over going mental , and i randomly starting hugging some bloke next to me :laugh:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Ha. Yeah the celebrations were a bit mental i ended up about 5 rows further down the aisle and landed on my mates face. Happy days!!

And yeah the 'by far the greatest team' chant is embarassing! Almost as embarassing as the clowns near us in the cage singing 'couldnt beat the gays' and other random bollox while safely tucked in behind the locked door.

I thought at one point when that millwall fan got nicked by the gate befor it got locked that we'd end up all in that cage!! :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wasn't bothered for the first couple of renditions of Bubbles. Fair enough I guess, bit of a wind up aimed at the Jeremy-Kyle-candidates in the home stand to the left of us.

But it was pretty lame to keep going with it into the second half if you ask me. By that point it started to look like some vomit-inducing West Ham love-in, and suggested a few people were more interested in chav-baiting than supporting the Albion.

By the time the team really started to get back into the game, I and plenty of others were far more concerned with the quite-decent football we were playing, along with the prospect of an equalising goal.

I honestly couldn't care less about some entirely unrelated South London/East London rivalry.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You are some funny person :bowdown:

Think you need to go to church, not football matches. :laugh:

You obviouswly haven't been going to football for very long as your attitude comes across as an 8 year old but part of the atmosphere at football matches is the banter (even hatred) between supporters of the two teams. It's often as important to get one over on the home fans as it is to win the game.

Another scone Vicar

:tosser:

Writes the cunt with a West Ham badge. :shootself
Did you go to Ewood Park today?

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
:tosser:

Yeah it's f***ing funny that a Millwall fan who went to the West Ham game with his family got stabbed.

:wanker:

The thread is about chanting the bubbles song from West Ham! NOT about someone being stabbed! You are talking about something completely different! As you would say: :tosser:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Well I obviously didnt think he was acctually trying to start a fight with a taxi!

He was Running too fast to have a fight anyway!

Joke or not, it still looked stupid!!

lol.

It was meant to look stupid. Bit of a private joke about happenings earlier in the day.

Still. Glad you found the need to report back on here about it. Oh. Glad you found it funny as we were being taken out aswell. Now that was hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here