Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO all you morons singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" ..

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What got me was the group of people at the back of the post-match queue for the train, who were still safely in the caged walkway, who were singing about blowing bubbles.

What about us lot at the front, shoulder to shoulder with Millwall fans at the foot of the stairs? Were we supposed to take the kicking, rather than the singers?

Fortunately some more level headed Albion fans worked out that the best way to deal with the noise from behind us was to start up a few chants about hating Palarse. Millwall could at least relate to that, reasonably positively.

The term "cowards way" has never been more appropriate. As a consequence of this singing a Millwall fan decided to have a go at Brighton just where cowards ends and you enter the station. My mate (who is deaf) got caught in the middle of this and it could have ended nastily had we not been able to defuse the situation. He still got called a deaf c*nt though. This wouldn't have happened if people hadn't been singing blowing bubbles, of course the fuckers who were singing it were hiding round the corner, zipping the jackets up to cover there colours well away from the nasty men from Millwall.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
By singing another club's songs? WTF? Not enough songs in our own repertoire or something? I thought that was churlish in the extreme, and frankly, I'm not interested in singing a song which represents another club.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
By singing another club's songs? WTF? Not enough songs in our own repertoire or something? I thought that was churlish in the extreme, and frankly, I'm not interested in singing a song which represents another club.

Indeed, I got pissed off with some of our "fans" singing this song in the second half so told them to shut up. The cunts didn't bother after that and everyone was singing Brighton songs that we all know, not clever songs that a little clique know or ones where people hand out the lyrics on shitty photocopy.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What a stupid thread...

It amazes me that some you you lot have ever been to a football match before...So what if fans sing songs to wind other teams supporters up...It's part of football so get over it.

If you want a nice sport where fans congratulate each other after a match and have love ins and then go and watch cricket!

:drama:

:wanker:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Doubtless mostly kiddie wannabe hoolies trying to show they're 'right tasty' coz they woz "givin' it large at 'Wall".

Jesus wept. :nono:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I thaught the best bit of the night was watching Conboy running accross the road infront of a taxi at Bton stn and then shouting "Come on then" when the taxi nearly hit him before running off!!

WELL HARD!!

:thumbsup:

I think its even better that you didn't realise it was a joke :lolol:

Doubtless mostly kiddie wannabe hoolies trying to show they're 'right tasty' coz they woz "givin' it large at 'Wall".
... who, if they had ever been to the New Den before, would have known that it's a place where NOTHING kicks off when Brighton are playing.

In fact ... no different from any other away ground.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Indeed, I got pissed off with some of our "fans" singing this song in the second half so told them to shut up. The cunts didn't bother after that and everyone was singing Brighton songs that we all know, not clever songs that a little clique know or ones where people hand out the lyrics on shitty photocopy.

You are some funny person :bowdown:

Think you need to go to church, not football matches. :laugh:

You obviouswly haven't been going to football for very long as your attitude comes across as an 8 year old but part of the atmosphere at football matches is the banter (even hatred) between supporters of the two teams. It's often as important to get one over on the home fans as it is to win the game.

Another scone Vicar

:tosser:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
You are some funny person :bowdown:

Think you need to go to church, not football matches. :laugh:

You obviouswly haven't been going to football for very long as your attitude comes across as an 8 year old but part of the atmosphere at football matches is the banter (even hatred) between supporters of the two teams. It's often as important to get one over on the home fans as it is to win the game.

Another scone Vicar

:tosser:

spot on fella. Some people have no f***ing clue!

But yes mr 8ace im sure after you personally told everyone off for singing the wrongs songs that we all fell into line thereafter :dunce:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not as bad as some of our fans at Tulse hill, some oldish drunk guy other the other side of the train track was having a laugh with us chanting Millwall, then some c*nt throws a can of fosters at him, narrowly missed him. :wanker: :wanker:

We were there too, and I have to agree it was a bit uncalled for. Could have hit any innocent bystander on that platform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here