Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans who have brighton as a second team.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I honestly don't know how people have a 'second' team.....it's the Seagulls or nothing for me.

Whats wrong with a second team, I am a Sunderland fan and now live a long way from there so can no longer have a season ticket, I love watching football and Brighton are my second team and last year I bought a season ticket and renewed again this year, so thats money going in to the club that otherwise would not happen if I didnt have a second team!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Let both my boys have a second team,aldershot and york city. A few years ago i let them have a premiere team each whu and pompey.
My sons non league team is now only one division behind his prem team:blush:

Pompey :sick:? Shouldn't someone have reported you to social services for that?!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Whats wrong with a second team, I am a Sunderland fan and now live a long way from there so can no longer have a season ticket, I love watching football and Brighton are my second team and last year I bought a season ticket and renewed again this year, so thats money going in to the club that otherwise would not happen if I didnt have a second team!

Don't want your sort watching our team thank you very much

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I honestly don't know how people have a 'second' team.....it's the Seagulls or nothing for me.

Even for my boy it's seagulls only but because we don't live near he'll prob support p'boro Cambridge or Ipswich and I won't mind going with him. I used to live near Cardiff and Bristol and always keep an eye out for their results but I would never buy a shirt! No harm in looking at results but a shirt is another matter!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Why not? He brings money into the club and I bet cheers with the best of us when we score. Don't see the problem.

I am thinking, well, hoping that he was kidding by saying not welcome. totally agree with your sentiments Paskman

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I am thinking, well, hoping that he was kidding by saying not welcome. totally agree with your sentiments Paskman

Yeah I was only joking. I know the poster personally so was just winding him up.

I am all for bringing new fans on board, much better than a half empty stadium of 'hardcore' fans

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have a second team, and a third one for that matter. :shrug:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Villa fan first but Brighton are a very close second to me......albeit via tragic circumstances originally..... Nothing wrong with supporting a second team

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yeah I was only joking. I know the poster personally so was just winding him up.

I am all for bringing new fans on board
, much better than a half empty stadium of 'hardcore' fans

Unless you happen to be a Palace fan with your nose pressed up against the window, jealously peering in as a proper club is building an enviable (paying) fan base whilst theirs is gurgling down the toilet. Then, the newcomers are 'plastics'.

I know quite a few people who have The Albion as their 'second team', genuine supporters of other clubs but who, over the years, have adopted Brighton as a club they follow. Not as keenly as us but follow us nonetheless.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Would that now make Sunderland your second team and Brighton your first ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brighton have been my second team for 37 years

:moo::moo::moo:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I'm afraid it's a case of cheering the failure of certain clubs, rather than having a second team.
As an ABU of forty years standing I enjoyed the last match of last season so much; actually that's not true, I didn't enjoy the match at all, but the immediate post match scenes as manu players and supporters realised City had scored twice in injury time to take the title from under their noses was priceless. Best moments of the season by a mile.
To summarise, it's Sunderland and then whoever is playing manu and newcastle. Though above all it's whatever team my money's on.
So Come On Brighton & Hove Albion!

I can't be the only Albion supporter who has moved to the area since I started following football. I have no problem with continuing to support the teams that I used to watch every week ... Newport County and Birmingham City.

'Til I Die - it's a phrase that means something. Even 40 years after my first Albion game.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
My friend is a Westham fan, he's lived in Brighton his whole life but his Dad has kept him a Westham fan. Even though he won't admit it his second team is Brighton, he came to a few away games with us last season and 6/7 home games.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

My sister is the same except Liverpool are her first team. Think the teams are getting closer with her support these days though, problem will be when we get into the premiership.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I can't see the issue liking another team.

I'm a spurs fan but my old man lives near Brighton so i go and watch them every now and then... I just like them to do well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here