Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans who have brighton as a second team.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not sure I understand... A second team?

Having a football team is like having a wife, you go and support her no matter what. Any second team is like a friends wife or your wife's friend and you look out for how she is doing and say well done in the good times and look a little sad when things aren't at their best.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I support three teams.

1st Brighton & Hove Albion, the place of my birth. (WSU)

2nd Rochdale my mothers home town.

3rd Wohever is playing Manchester United.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm not sure I understand... A second team?

Having a football team is like having a wife, you go and support her no matter what. Any second team is like a friends wife or your wife's friend and you look out for how she is doing and say well done in the good times and look a little sad when things aren't at their best.

What about if you are in a culture where you are allowed more than one wife? Can you then support 2, 3 or more teams?
I have two teams but only one wife.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I could never, ever support another team. Id go to another football match (maybe Arsenal vs Southampton or something like that) and cheer on the home team as thats what you do in football, doesnt mean i support them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm afraid it's a case of cheering the failure of certain clubs, rather than having a second team.
As an ABU of forty years standing I enjoyed the last match of last season so much; actually that's not true, I didn't enjoy the match at all, but the immediate post match scenes as manu players and supporters realised City had scored twice in injury time to take the title from under their noses was priceless. Best moments of the season by a mile.
To summarise, it's Sunderland and then whoever is playing manu and newcastle. Though above all it's whatever team my money's on.
So Come On Brighton & Hove Albion!

Sadly, I agree with this. My perfect weekend would be, in order of preference: 1 Albion win (of course). 2. Manchester United lose. 3. Portsmouth lose.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I could never, ever support another team. Id go to another football match (maybe Arsenal vs Southampton or something like that) and cheer on the home team as thats what you do in football, doesnt mean i support them.

Really?!?!?!?!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Brighton are my second team. Generally coz of location and the fact my brothers support them.

For most people who say they have a second team, it isn't exactly a close second. When Saints play Albion I want us to win as much as against anyone. It's not as if Brighton beating us somehow softens the blow.

Also Albions position as my 2nd team has been slightly weakened by antics over the last couple of seasons.

Comrade K

Jul 30, 2012
There are two main reasons why people support a football club, imho: 1) it's your home team, the place where you were born and feel a part of, belong to, your tribe; and 2) that there are characteristics, qualities and traditions that a club has we admire and aspire to - like the reasons why bha fans win supporters of the year award quiet often, like the strength of character bha supporters have shown when dealing with the clubs darker days which most of us now offer to other clubs suffering similar misfortunes, etc

There's nought wrong with having a second team, and if people have us down as there's then we must be doing something right :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Circumstance can lead you toward a second, or even third club. I've met a lot of people who support other clubs and naturally take an interest in them. I'm as proud and passionate of Brighton and Hove Albion as the next guy, but I don't feel limited to only following the one club. Watching other teams with friends is strange, you don't feel anywhere near as passionate or interested but I don't consider it a slight on the Albion when I do.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
By default. I've always had a soft spot for Brighton, it was my first away game as a kid (7) , my first trip to Brighton and my first trip to the pier, one of my best childhood memory's, now my sons a Brighton fan, I love going to games with him and I would say that Brighton are my 2nd team, I've bought season tickets and I'm a bit gutted we will miss the barnsley and cardiff games due to our family holiday. I'm proud my son has choose the Albion , I just hope he sticks with them.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I have a second third, fourth and fifth team..... but a long long way after the Albion:

2 Rye United(fluffed promotion out of sussex county again but finally one a cup - Up the Quarterboys!)
3 Radomiak (just promoted to Polish 2nd league)
4 Kocaelispor (after promotion to top league, two consecutive relegation and bankruptcy)
5 Queen of the South - Up the Doonhammers!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
1 team and 1 team only for me.could never follow anyone else.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Before the start of the year, a lot of my uni mates didn't know much about the Albion or anything. But the end of the year they've all 'adopted' following Brighton, and like to see us win! Although one of them is a Newcastle fan, and he weren't too happy when we knocked them out!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
My second team is FC Lahti who play in the Finnish premier division. Lahti is my mothers home town and also the birth place of the legendary Jari Litmanen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here