Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans who have brighton as a second team.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
During our difficult years a lot of fans used to say to me that we were their second team or they had a soft spot for Brighton including Southampton and Portsmouth fans but I don't seem to get that anymore now we're doing well!

I've never really had a second team but always quite liked Blackburn to do well (it actually upsets me seeing what they've become now) as have family there and grew to like Fulham when Bobby was playing there under Hodgson during their Europa League run and I like Craven Cottage as a ground so I like to see them doing well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton are my second team. Generally coz of location and the fact my brothers support them.

For most people who say they have a second team, it isn't exactly a close second. When Saints play Albion I want us to win as much as against anyone. It's not as if Brighton beating us somehow softens the blow.

Also Albions position as my 2nd team has been slightly weakened by antics over the last couple of seasons.

I'd just bin the Saints now and be done with it, your brothers might take the piss but it'll be worth it in the long run :wink:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'd just bin the Saints now and be done with it, your brothers might take the piss but it'll be worth it in the long run :wink:

Why would I want to do that? It takes me longer to get home from the Amex than from SMS.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would I want to do that? It takes me longer to get home from the Amex than from SMS.

f*** me, if I used that criteria I'd be watching Pompey :eek:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Brighton are my first team by a country mile.

My second team is Liverpool. When I was a student up north in the late 80s I used to go and stand on the kop. I couldn't afford to travel south then and a dodgy kop ticket was a fiver from a tout. I was lucky enough to see some great teams - until recently I'd say that the 2-2 draw there in 91 was my favourite ever game. And before my uncle took me to my first Albion game in 77 I'd been a Liverpool supporter (showing as much allegiance as a 9 year old could.)

I still watch Liverpool, went to the League Cup final etc.

All that said and done, the distance between Brighton and my second team is immense. The second team is nothing more than a fanciful indulgence in comparison, whereas Brighton (even on the bad days) still makes my pulse race like no other team ever could.

But I also have ridiculous teams I follow in other countries...

Germany - St Pauli
Italy - Fiorentina
Scotland - Hamilton Academicals

Sorry if this makes me a half blood of some sort, but I guess it just comes from loving football.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Not sure how to define 'second' team as Brighton are now my first team - I support them, have a season ticket, have a current shirt with my name and age on, and spend my hard earned there every other week on beer and pies. My 'other' first team are Stoke City - I was born there and my Dad and I watched them until I was 15 and then we moved to the south coast. I look for their results, news and watch their matches on Sky if my mate lets me ! I also have a backup team as I'll go and watch Bognor Regis Town if no-one else is playing as I can walk to the ground... and for that reason on the 2nd team debate I'm out ! :)

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Have you met other fans on holiday who have brighton as a second team?
Met a villa fan on the broads last week wearing an albion shirt!:)
Will we start attracting fans from around the country now that we are becoming sexy????

My first team BHA
My second is BHA development squad
My third team BHA youth team

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Most people who have a first team that are not BHA are obviously people who will never get round to watching them and most are just locals who grew up like most kids supporting the big 4 etc.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
My first team BHA
My second is BHA development squad
My third team BHA youth team

That's right...but don't forget Albion Ladies....seriously though, people say they have second teams...they support Brighton yet FOLLOW another team....when Brighton lose it hurts and the weekend is a downer...any other teams that lose I could'nt care less.
I was offered a hospitality at the new Wembley completely free and fare paid....I went to watch the Albion instead,missed one( home) game since we left the Goldstone....Brighton til' I die!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brighton are my first team by a country mile.

My second team is Liverpool. When I was a student up north in the late 80s I used to go and stand on the kop. I couldn't afford to travel south then and a dodgy kop ticket was a fiver from a tout. I was lucky enough to see some great teams - until recently I'd say that the 2-2 draw there in 91 was my favourite ever game. And before my uncle took me to my first Albion game in 77 I'd been a Liverpool supporter (showing as much allegiance as a 9 year old could.)

I still watch Liverpool, went to the League Cup final etc.

All that said and done, the distance between Brighton and my second team is immense. The second team is nothing more than a fanciful indulgence in comparison, whereas Brighton (even on the bad days) still makes my pulse race like no other team ever could.

But I also have ridiculous teams I follow in other countries...

Germany - St Pauli
Italy - Fiorentina
Scotland - Hamilton Academicals

Sorry if this makes me a half blood of some sort, but I guess it just comes from loving football.

It's funny innit. I think that picking a team to follow makes it a bit more interesting. I to follow Liverpool which stems from growing up in Buckinghamshire and feeling the peer group pressure to pick a first division team and being taken tot he charity shield by my Uncle (a blue nose and deciding to go against the grain and cheer for the reds to irritate my brother. (and my god they were good to watch!!!).

I also lived in Italy for a couple of years and adopted Ancona as I lived their and watched them and Fiorentina because i went to Florence a lot and watched them a few time.

Always had a soft spot for St Mirren (not sure why) in Scotland and have adopted Melbourne Heart in Oz (mainly because the song Melbourne Victory play when they win is so f***ing awful).

None of them come close to Brighton though.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I only have one team, I have soft spots for others like Cambridge United lived there for sometime and went to games met some great people on the terrace, Also Plymouth something about that first fans united day means a great deal they were a great bunch. Watch out for DC United results too.

I look out for those teams results but wouldn't say I'm a fan, Im only a fan of Brighton.

That may change if I wake up having lived in say Hull for 25 years (God forbid).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here