Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans meeting at the Amex: making the atmosphere good

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The trouble with these meetings are they they are full of 'yes' men. I bet not one fan brought up the f*** ups the club have made in the last few weeks!

Come on Al, you know Ben and I aren't yes men.

Oh, another thing Bloom mentioned was that he plans to have a giant Albion shirt passed across the north stand just before kickoff.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
The trouble with these meetings are they they are full of 'yes' men. I bet not one fan brought up the f*** ups the club have made in the last few weeks!

You couldn't be more wrong fella. Me and my cohort from the A21 are no sycophants or yes men. In fact we bailed out of such meetings years ago once the protests were over, the consortium was in, and the FFA campaign underway, i.e. once such involvement with the board had served it's purpose.

We attended last night as we were invited formally, because any plans effect us and our members, and also to hear what the movers and shakers had to say by way of matchday planning. It was a useful meeting, and interesting to hear what they were thinking might work. They asked us (a good cross-section I thought) and we gave our two-penneth worth. They may still go their own sweet way, they may take our comments on board, we'll see. Personally, as I stated on the night, you can't create or contrive atmosphere. The whole ultra thing is embarassing in this country (IMHO). We have the tradition, we have the passion, we have the songs, we have the spontaneous creativity, we have the ground, we have the fans, we have the facility, we have the will. There will be no problem!

All it needs is for the old hands to show the new faces the way. WSU will be singing it's heart out I assure you.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I doubt the club can be seen to actively promote such behaviour - health & safety etc - but the feeling I've got is that there will be a lot more latitude shown to those who are seeking to offer positive support to the team.

That's exactly the point that Hebbard made. If you're up and singing and supporting the team, it's far more likely that you'll be left alone than if you're just standing there.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Come on Al, you know Ben and I aren't yes men.

Oh, another thing Bloom mentioned was that he plans to have a giant Albion shirt passed across the north stand just before kickoff.

They're measuring Canning up this morning in the club shop I heard.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I like the idea of the words to GOSBTS on the big screens - the orginal words as well - its part of our tradition and we have a fabulous opportunity in these early days at the Amex to educate all of the new fans and refresh us oldies who remember it from the Goldstone. I can live with flags - particularly for a game as special as Donny. Mind you, who else is worried they wont be able to sing a word at 2:55pm on the 6th August because they will be crying their eyes out!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WSU will be singing it's heart out I assure you.

Bloody hope so. One of the reasons I picked to go up there. I'll admit I rarely start songs but always join in once signing starts. I think the WSU will rock at times.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
the entire east terrace when was tht then..i dont recall the whole ''chicken run'' being tht way..but hey i might b wrong

Not regularly I admit, but it was usually given over to Palace and I remember West Ham having it all once.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
It may already be on here (rushing this morning) but TB made a big point about our set pieces. He wants us to purposefully (i.e. long-standing fans in groups) to raise the noise (like Stoke do) at key points like that. Small pockets getting the whole place rocking. Show the large amount of returning fans, and new fans, how it's done until it's ingrained at the AMEX. Until those reactions are instinctive. The whole thrust of the meeting was about making our new home as partisan as possible. Colour and sound.

He genuinely spoke like a fan, and from the heart. He wants the place to be a tough, loud, passionate and colourful place to come.

Hebbard said (when asked) that club policy was no drums/instruments, but overall lat night he was amiable and accommodating to ideas. It was his idea in fact to drop the last 5min reading of the team sheet to keep the atmos peaking to kick-off. TB said that 2.15 and 2.45 team reads would be it, then 15mins of getting the atmos going.

I can't see what all this atmosphere nonsence is about, a promoted team, quality new players, Gus at the helm, oh, I forgot a new super quality spanking new stadium which will probably see the stripes playing in front of all bar 22,500 supporters each time. You can't appreciate the good times until you've experienced the shite times and as lifers we have all done that! Let's just wait til we're all in there and see, but tbh I can't see there not being an atmosphere we've waited 12 years for our time and it is finally here. Away supporters always sing as we all know but this is our home it's up to all of us!

I can't see what all this atmosphere nonsence is about, a promoted team, quality new players, Gus at the helm, oh, I forgot a new super quality spanking new stadium which will probably see the stripes playing in front of all bar 22,500 supporters each time. You can't appreciate the good times until you've experienced the shite times and as lifers we have all done that! Let's just wait til we're all in there and see, but tbh I can't see there not being an atmosphere we've waited 12 years for our time and it is finally here. Away supporters always sing as we all know but this is our home it's up to all of us!

yep organic was mentioned and if its rocking don't mess with it!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always remember the play off final in Cardiff,The atmosphere 30,000 of us created was superb,we outsung City.This shows everyone is prepared to sing.I think the place will be rocking.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
As has been previously mentioned, WSU is the key.
When the noise only comes from one area others are reluctant to join in.
Away last season at Sheffield Wednesday they has the band/ singing behind the goal and the upper tier to our left were loud too...the result was that the whole ground was rocking and we were completely drowned out.....not something that we were used to on the road..........THATS HOW ITS DONE and maybe we need a song like their # Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday# that really encourages you to join in loudly, the crowd were definitely the 12th man....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here