Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans meeting at the Amex: making the atmosphere good

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What abou those of us who want to bring anfield size flags for the 15mims pre kick off? Are we going to be allowed in with them and can we bring them in with poles to wave them on? You can't do this with stick size poles they break. No one ever seems to ask this question but I'd you want an atmosphere you e got to let us do this like at anfield!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
FCUM didn't need a roof and made Withdean rock. Being 4-0 up didn't prevent singing at Charlton.
Forget the excuses and sing.

Agree-but it was their cup final.

What abou those of us who want to bring anfield size flags for the 15mims pre kick off? Are we going to be allowed in with them and can we bring them in with poles to wave them on? You can't do this with stick size poles they break. No one ever seems to ask this question but I'd you want an atmosphere you e got to let us do this like at anfield!

last time i went to anfield i think we out sung them!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The trouble with these meetings are they they are full of 'yes' men. I bet not one fan brought up the f*** ups the club have made in the last few weeks!

The people I asked to go on behalf of NSC are not 'yes men', and the meeting was not about the last few weeks, the focus was on the atmosphere at the Amex.

The trouble with these meetings are they they are full of 'yes' men. I bet not one fan brought up the f*** ups the club have made in the last few weeks!

you know me mate no yes man! but this was not a moan up meeting the club wanted to bounce things off people! very difficult telling someone the roofs the wrong colour when he has just paid 95 million for it!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
you know me mate no yes man! but this was not a moan up meeting the club wanted to bounce things off people! very difficult telling someone the roofs the wrong colour when he has just paid 95 million for it!

Ah! Yes, you are not a 'yes' man that's for sure! What colour roof did you want? I didn't like the blue at first, but I love it now. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why are the club worried about the atmosphere, before a ball is kicked in anger. Seems a strange topic!

I'm not sure they are worried about the atmosphere, but they want the atmosphere to be as good as it can be and were keen to share ideas, and hear ideas, about how that can be achieved.

And, as has been mentioned, Tony Bloom is very aware of the tales of fan/steward tensions at Withdean which did not engender a positive vibe.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I still think we need a new club war anthem. GOSBTS is a nice jolly hockey sticks kind of song but we something with a bit more bite to it. I think the song is too slow and doesn't generate the right kind of atmosphere.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm not sure they are worried about the atmosphere, but they want the atmosphere to be as good as it can be and were keen to share ideas, and hear ideas, about how that can be achieved.

And, as has been mentioned, Tony Bloom is very aware of the tales of fan/steward tensions at Withdean which did not engender a positive vibe.

Fair play, as it was a positive meeting.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was Richard Hebbard there? The issue of being allowed to stand for more than just a goal will need to be addressed. The farce at Withdean was ridiculous. I would hope the back 25% of each stand is allowed to stand for example.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Stumpy Tim has got it spot on. All those old boys at the meeting represent Albion's past. We need lots of noisy youngsters with fresh ideas to carry the flag (figuratively speaking) at Falmer.

To be fair get EVERYONE of us in that room cares passionately about the club, its just that a bunch of 40 and 50 year old blokes have actually got off their arses and done something about it! By the way NSK were represented and their input was welcomed, great younger lads who have got a massive amount to look forward to over the coming years, they are the future.

I can't say enough about BHA, I was blown away by the invite and to have Gus and Tony sit down with us all face to face is something I won't ever forget. We have something very special at this football club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was Richard Hebbard there? The issue of being allowed to stand for more than just a goal will need to be addressed. The farce at Withdean was ridiculous. I would hope the back 25% of each stand is allowed to stand for example.

I doubt the club can be seen to actively promote such behaviour - health & safety etc - but the feeling I've got is that there will be a lot more latitude shown to those who are seeking to offer positive support to the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here