Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I really liked the way PB dealt with the parking whinge.

Other stadia such as WHL have next to no parking, the club rely on third party landowners so it’s beyond the club’s control. In essence, it’s a bonus or privilege when available.

I’m guessing the caller owned some 1901 Platinum seats and had wrongly assumed that they could rock up to Bennett’s Field for every game forever, with a two minute walk to their seats.

The parking situation is what it is and isn't PB's fault but actually that annoyed me when he said that because the location of the Amex on the outskirts of town is completely different to WHL as are the transport options and exit routes. The Leicester game where there is no parking and a Sunday train service which is likely to be WELL below what most people are used to will be interesting to say the least (again, it is what it is and mostly outside the club's control and we will all just have to be patient).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The parking situation is what it is and isn't PB's fault but actually that annoyed me when he said that because the location of the Amex on the outskirts of town is completely different to WHL as are the transport options and exit routes. The Leicester game where there is no parking and a Sunday train service which is likely to be WELL below what most people are used to will be interesting to say the least (again, it is what it is and mostly outside the club's control and we will all just have to be patient).

Surrounded by the Downs, non-car sustainable transport was always THE Amex blueprint, long before Barber joined the club. We were all meant to get there by train, bus, coach, walk or cycle. It was in all the planning packs.

Bennett’s Field, The Bridge and uni parking was a bonus that came along later.

With landowners free to withdraw as and when they please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Posh bird does bucketloads of bootlicking.

She’s lucky we let her watch a man’s game.

Then the crux …. moaning about the parking.

Lol. As if she can actually park a car.

Bantz!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Surrounded by the Downs, non-car sustainable transport was always THE Amex blueprint, long before Barber joined the club. We were all meant to get there by train, bus, coach, walk or cycle. It was in all the planning packs.

Bennett’s Field, The Bridge and uni parking was a bonus that came along later.

With landowners free to withdraw as and when they please.

Of course - no dispute with that (although uni parking has been there since day 1 and has eased the burden on public transport) but I just don't think you can compare to WHL for example. I guess the loss of Mithras House P&R hasn't helped either. Bring on the monorail :)

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The complainant now joins tens of thousands of other supporters in a time-consuming mixed modes of transport malarkey getting to and from games.

Money doesn’t always buy you everything in life.

I just get the bus or walk but I live within a distance to do that. I'm currently moaning at a staff member of Network Rail about their maintenance timings for the Leicester game & I'm a bit miffed that walk is going to be my only option, as Coldean Lane is closed (2 separate issues). I can't moan at PB for that though. :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What did we learn tonight apart from strikers don’t improve teams :facepalm: wing backs and midfielders though great lads don’t give you a headache like them pesky strikers :rolleyes:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
What did we learn tonight apart from strikers don’t improve teams :facepalm:

He said he wouldn't take the easy route of signing a new striker that didn't fit our model even though it would be easier and get fans off his back.

He also said that looking at the fine margins of last season he believes our current strike force can improve and that's his responsibility.

So not quite what you said.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He said he wouldn't take the easy route of signing a new striker that didn't fit our model even though it would be easier and get fans off his back.

He also said that looking at the fine margins of last season he believes our current strike force can improve and that's his responsibility.

That really is some PR bullshit, they spent all summer trying to coax Nunez to the club after the Gonzalez deal fell through.

If he can get the numbers from our current crop then hats off, can’t really see it though if it was that easy clubs wouldn’t be paying millions for strikers that can finish.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That really is some PR bullshit, they spent all summer trying to coax Nunez to the club after the Gonzalez deal fell through.

If he can get the numbers from our current crop then hats off, can’t really see it though if it was that easy clubs wouldn’t be paying millions for strikers that can finish.
Are you responding to the post you quoted?

If so your reading of it is extremely different to mine.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Absolutely this . What a load of Bollox re the striker issue . Just speak the truth we won’t pay the wages !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It was well presented, Jonny did a great job hosting it and the audience members who made the effort to attend asked some thoughtful questions.

A worthwhile exercise which shared information with us and once again reminded me that we have some very clever, decent people running our club.
I like the thought of a pre-season tour to North America when the time is right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

According to NSC’s finest, including a certain Swede, you can’t coach finishing. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here