Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Cut out the "ta for a great ground', "I've been a STH for 60 years" and "I sit in the 3rd row of the ESU" then you could double the number of questions.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And they say you don’t learn anything at these things -Graham has shaved his beard off!
25703b1ce0bfdf17070382b41aa39cca.jpg

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I hope that he's not that out of touch with the fanbase. If they palm it off as some people are going along with it rather than the silent masses, sorry, they are out of touch.

The simple fact is we used to have a comfort blanket of a season ticket waiting list that over time has gone to nothing leaving us at a critical time in our Amex history where the club should be ensuring that fans with season tickets don't give up renewal next year. Whilst the transfer of ticket cards was an illegal practice it was one that was probably more commonplace than clearly the club have realised. These fans who used this practice in previous seasons see the new system as an erosion of the value they get from their season tickets and I fear many will simply not renew next year.

This doesn't include me, I make every game (was I supposed to start my comment with that justification bit?), but I enjoy a full Amex stadium. There's nothing greater than sharing the joy I get with 30k others. Sadly empty blue seats that the club cant sell plus the ones of fans unable to get friends into those seats will become increasingly more empty unsold seats that will see attendances decrease over time and make it hard for the club to get people back.

If the club had (or changes to) having the £20 for the STH to have transfer rights to anyone with details registered at the club (i.e. the receiver of the ticket doesn't need to pay Albion+, but is accounted for with name, address etc...) then the club have record of who's in the stadium and generate a list of potential fans who may be fair game for becoming future STH. I think a small change like this would make it so STH would see this as not a huge cost/change to the value they get from their STH investment.

What is this common sense you speak of?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have to say that as a bad fan, that is the first time I've listened to a fans forum. All the major football related questions on here were asked and I can't criticise their responses in any way as they seemed to have a reasoned & logical reply! [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] did any of your cards get bingo? :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have to say that as a bad fan, that is the first time I've listened to a fans forum. All the major football related questions on here were asked and I can't criticise their responses in any way as they seemed to have a reasoned & logical reply! [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] did any of your cards get bingo? :)

I really liked the way PB dealt with the parking whinge.

Other stadia such as WHL have next to no parking, the club rely on third party landowners so it’s beyond the club’s control. In essence, it’s a bonus or privilege when available.

I’m guessing the caller owned some 1901 Platinum seats and had wrongly assumed that they could rock up to Bennett’s Field for every game forever, with a two minute walk to their seats.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I really liked the way PB dealt with the parking whinge.

Other stadia such as WHL have next to no parking, the club rely on third party landowners so it’s beyond the club’s control. In essence, it’s a bonus or privilege when available.

I’m guessing the caller owned some 1901 Platinum seats and had wrongly assumed that they could rock up to Bennett’s Field for every game forever, with a two minute walk to their seats.

I liked the bit where GP said about signing an expensive striker that wouldn't necessarily fit into the team, just to keep the fans off his back. :)
PB was quite clear on the parking thing that they could do nothing about (Matt)? Bennett wanting to redevelop his land though. I don't drive to the stadium so I have to confess that it isn't an issue for me to pay that much attention too! :blush:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I liked the bit where GP said about signing an expensive striker that wouldn't necessarily fit into the team, just to keep the fans off his back. :)
PB was quite clear on the parking thing that they could do nothing about (Matt)? Bennett wanting to redevelop his land though. I don't drive to the stadium so I have to confess that it isn't an issue for me to pay that much attention too! :blush:

The complainant now joins tens of thousands of other supporters in a time-consuming mixed modes of transport malarkey getting to and from games.

Money doesn’t always buy you everything in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here