Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
i've always stood up for dick when others of you were putting him down... but tonight i do believe he has lost me.... i think all he has done for the club is wonderfull, and falmer is fantastic but he now seems to get cross when he has sticky questions.... so my question now is why have a fans forum at all, he does not like to be questioned does he?:censored:

You touched a raw nerve, that's all. If you had been in his position, knowing all the facts, who is to say you wouldn't have done the same thing.

It's very easy to criticise someone when you only know 50% of the story. There is clearly more to the whole DW sacking than DK is prepared to reveal.

It all comes down to whether you believe DK has the good of the club as his No1 priority, and I defy anyone to question him on that.

Having said that, he really shouldn't belittle anyone, rightly or wrongly, whatever the situation.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
HOW MANY SEASON TICKETS HAVE WE SOLD.... Nurse Ratchet

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dick Knight offered Hammond a contract that would have made him our top earner. Hammond took MONTHS to decide. On the last possible day before he became WORTHLESS we sold him for £250k. I fail to see the problem here.

That is how it was told to me too, by a most senior member of the Albion Board. But Hammond had asked for more, and a longer contract. The baord were not prepared to offer it. This was told to me before Hammond left, in fact, several months before, and we were told then that we could expect to see Hammond gone in the transfer window. BTW, they weren't at all happy about that, they really wanted him to stay.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
HOW MANY SEASON TICKETS HAVE WE SOLD.... Nurse Ratchet
oneflewoverthecuckoosnest3.jpg

:D:D:D

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why all the fuss about season ticket sales, he told us they were up on this time last year. I guess by not a lot, as he was unwilling to say by how much. Fairly straight forward if you ask me, if we sold 3500 last year then I guess it might be 3750 or some such this year. Plus a lot of them were sold at reduced rates so the revenue may not be as much as last year. So what? He answered the question, move on, ask something important :bla:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just wondered how you knew I was sitting next to Brett tonight. Have we met? You may be one of the many faces I know without having a clue on names!

I just heard someone say near me that's Mendoza and TCB sitting there, they post on NSC! I know Brett by sight, so that's how I made the connection.

I was a row in front. I asked DK if Wilkins would still be here as manager if we had got promotion, just after Brett had asked about the releasing of the players. :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Ah right. That, along with Brett's, was the best question of the night so well done:thumbsup:

Ta! I was trying to slot it in before the end and Brett's question and DK's answer set me up nicely

I'd love to know who it was who recognised me, because with the exception of Brett and Liz Costa I didn't know ANYONE who was there by name!!

Don't know who it was myself either!!

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Why all the fuss about season ticket sales, he told us they were up on this time last year. I guess by not a lot, as he was unwilling to say by how much. Fairly straight forward if you ask me, if we sold 3500 last year then I guess it might be 3750 or some such this year. Plus a lot of them were sold at reduced rates so the revenue may not be as much as last year. So what? He answered the question, move on, ask something important :bla:

But wasn't that one of the reasons for getting rid of Dean - If sales were that good he would have been gloating with a figure

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
But wasn't that one of the reasons for getting rid of Dean - If sales were that good he would have been gloating with a figure

I suspect that the poor attendances were part of the reason for letting Dean Wilkins go, but people buy season tickets for a multitude of reasons, doesn't mean they'll always turn up though, they only do that if the team is doing well and playing decent football - that last part was the chief criticism of DW.

You'd expect Season Tickets to be up this year because we've signed some decent players and MA is back, but the real test is how many turn up to the home games. If we're still languishing in the half full stakes come Christmas, I should think DK would be pretty worried.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I could not make it tonight.

The question I would have asked was 'Although you say season ticket sales are up on this year, does this, once the new deal on student tickets is taken into account, actually translate to an increase in season ticket revenue?

I do think Mr Knight has done a fantastic job with the club over the years - I don't think there is anyone who would question that. However, it does lack class to hold a fans forum and then pretty much dodge the difficult questions and react angrily to a fan who does not agree with something you did.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

The question I would have asked was 'Although you say season ticket sales are up on this year, does this, once the new deal on student tickets is taken into account, actually translate to an increase in season ticket revenue?

I do think Mr Knight has done a fantastic job with the club over the years - I don't think there is anyone who would question that. However, it does lack class to hold a fans forum and then pretty much dodge the difficult questions and react angrily to a fan who does not agree with something you did.

Good points, well made. I suspect the latter point you made is due to DK's frustration at not being able (or willing) to reveal the full details. I'm not excusing his reaction, just attempting to explain it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just a few facts to take from listening to the final 20 minutes was enough for me

Dick said that no player would be sold from this club that didn't want to - that is bollocks - Dean Hammond was prepared to take a 50 % pay cut to stay at this club and Dick wanted him to go - Go or rot in the reserves was the comment

Why would he not commit to ticket sales question - surely if the sales were better you would be pleased to state number - ie 3500 last year but this year we have sold 4500

Dean Wilkins - How that man can sit and lie and say he wanted Dean to stay is more lies - he never wanted Dean to stay - you could tell that by the comment he made when the fan shook their head in disbelief - Dick only wants fans that agree with everything he says

With regards to the question about where we will finish what sort of reply was that we got - the only answer any manager should give is win the league or promotion otherwise what is the point - still at least Micky waited for Dicks reply!!

And to say that he would still have sacked Dean if we got promoted what sort of answer is that - i don't know anyone in the land that would sack their manager for getting promotion - it just proves what a complete prick our chairman is

People are paid to keep quiet when they leave this club - don't people realise that - I'm sure that Dean Wilkins would love to spill the beans but he is unable too
Woo-hoo! There have been some wonderful, fantasy-laden posts on here over the years, but this one is right up there.

But without one iot of evidence, no ounce of credibility, and an unbelievable amount of self-absorbed vanity, you have unilaterally chosen to believe that the board - the people who are running the club - are wrong, and you - and you alone - are right. What a truly appalling ponce.

Scenes to marvel at. Marvellous scenes. :lolol:

Unless, of course, you can provide us with this evidence - put up or shut up.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Did you go beard?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Good question - and here's a conundrum for you. Would you prefer more season ticket revenue or more bums on seats?

Me personally - I prefer bums. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here