Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Brett's just been on and asked why DK let Wilkins announce a retained list when he knew he was leaving.

DK seemed to fudge the issue with bollocks

Thats the exact impression I got, DK did'nt sound comfortable at all.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
can someone who tuned in please expand on the issue of murray disliking wilkins? Perhaps this tells us why murray looked so grumpy

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
can someone who tuned in please expand on the issue of murray disliking wilkins? Perhaps this tells us why murray looked so grumpy

Micky was asked about any problems with Murray settling, he said there was an issue he was unhappy with, however since MA had been at the club was all fine now

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Oh, and why the HELL do people have to announce exactly who they are and what they do before asking a question?

"Hi I'm Alan from Worthing, and I'm a lifelong season ticket holder."

"Hi I'm from somewhere or another which is just a little west of Horsham."

"Hi my family have been season ticket holders since 1901. Let's put it into perspective."

Noone gives a shit, just say your name if you must and ask a question you spanners!

Well said that badger :lolol::lolol:

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I'm not arguing about whether Knight was right or wrong to fire Wilkins - I think he was though. The question Brett asked wasn't about that either. He wanted to know why the board allowed a manager they were about to sack the chance to decide the futures of 10 players. I think that's the only thing we didn't get a straight answer to.

What I was saying (and what I took DK to be saying) was that it was DWs handling of the meetings with the players that proved to be final straw. That suggests that a decision had not been made up to that point.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What I was saying (and what I took DK to be saying) was that it was DWs handling of the meetings with the players that proved to be final straw. That suggests that a decision had not been made up to that point.
But that doesn't stack up. For one thing it's also been stated DW would have gone even if we'd gone up - so why wait. Also Adams came in what, 2 days after the retained list was announced? Even if it's a straight forward appointment that is very very quick. Also we've had some supposedly 'in the know' people saying the decision was made as long ago as January/February time. :shrug:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Dick Knight is a shrewd man.

What did the whole exercise achieve?

We got two good honest professionals, who bleed blue and white, off the books on inflated wages and back on again at what is probably their true worth.

Job done. Whats the mystery?

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
Dick Knight is a shrewd man.

What did the whole exercise achieve?

We got two good honest professionals, who bleed blue and white, off the books on inflated wages and back on again at what is probably their true worth.

Job done. Whats the mystery?

They were out of contract so what you are saying doesn't add up

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Just a few facts to take from listening to the final 20 minutes was enough for me

Dick said that no player would be sold from this club that didn't want to - that is bollocks - Dean Hammond was prepared to take a 50 % pay cut to stay at this club and Dick wanted him to go - Go or rot in the reserves was the comment

Why would he not commit to ticket sales question - surely if the sales were better you would be pleased to state number - ie 3500 last year but this year we have sold 4500

Dean Wilkins - How that man can sit and lie and say he wanted Dean to stay is more lies - he never wanted Dean to stay - you could tell that by the comment he made when the fan shook their head in disbelief - Dick only wants fans that agree with everything he says

With regards to the question about where we will finish what sort of reply was that we got - the only answer any manager should give is win the league or promotion otherwise what is the point - still at least Micky waited for Dicks reply!!

And to say that he would still have sacked Dean if we got promoted what sort of answer is that - i don't know anyone in the land that would sack their manager for getting promotion - it just proves what a complete prick our chairman is

People are paid to keep quiet when they leave this club - don't people realise that - I'm sure that Dean Wilkins would love to spill the beans but he is unable too

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just a few facts to take from listening to the final 20 minutes was enough for me

Dick said that no player would be sold from this club that didn't want to - that is bollocks - Dean Hammond was prepared to take a 50 % pay cut to stay at this club and Dick wanted him to go - Go or rot in the reserves was the comment

Why would he not commit to ticket sales question - surely if the sales were better you would be pleased to state number - ie 3500 last year but this year we have sold 4500

Dean Wilkins - How that man can sit and lie and say he wanted Dean to stay is more lies - he never wanted Dean to stay - you could tell that by the comment he made when the fan shook their head in disbelief - Dick only wants fans that agree with everything he says

With regards to the question about where we will finish what sort of reply was that we got - the only answer any manager should give is win the league or promotion otherwise what is the point - still at least Micky waited for Dicks reply!!

And to say that he would still have sacked Dean if we got promoted what sort of answer is that - i don't know anyone in the land that would sack their manager for getting promotion - it just proves what a complete prick our chairman is

People are paid to keep quiet when they leave this club - don't people realise that - I'm sure that Dean Wilkins would love to spill the beans but he is unable too

Good evening Mr Wilkins.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Are you Bhadebs Husband by any chance???

As for your first point about being a selling club Dick is telling the truth as one of our players was offered a big money move but didn't want to go and he is still here.

Dean Hammond told me himself he wanted to go!!!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oh, and why the HELL do people have to announce exactly who they are and what they do before asking a question?

"Hi I'm Alan from Worthing, and I'm a lifelong season ticket holder."

"Hi I'm from somewhere or another which is just a little west of Horsham."

"Hi my family have been season ticket holders since 1901. Let's put it into perspective."

Noone gives a shit, just say your name if you must and ask a question you spanners!

Oh please shut up will you Tom.Why critizse people when you didn't have the bollocks to go along and ask questions yourself.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh please shut up will you Tom.Why critizse people when you didn't have the bollocks to go along and ask questions yourself.

I believe he did at least go, although I could be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here