Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Brett's just been on and asked why DK let Wilkins announce a retained list when he knew he was leaving.

DK seemed to fudge the issue with bollocks

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Dean Wilkins WOULD still have been removed as manager even if we secured promotion last season - D. Knight

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
What he said was the managers deal with players contracts, the board deals with the manager's contract.

True, but it didn't answer the question of WHY he was allowed to release the retained list when DK and the board had already made the decision on Wilkins.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
That quote from Dick Knight is enough evidence to show Wilkins was no fully clued up, and the decision made was spot on.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
i think it's patently obvious to most that Micky was always wanted by DK to come back but was not available so he plumped for wilkins as a stop gap. As soon as Micky became available and willing DK got his man.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Oh, and Knight definitely dodged Brett's question about Wilkins. It's all very well that "it's the managers job to assess what players he wants/needs," but the question, Mr Chairman, was actually why did you let a man you were about to sack decide the fates of players?

I thought Dicks answer was absolutely clear, and indeed shed a lot of light on why DW was sacked. I don't think he fudged it at all.

The comment about managers being responsible for the players needs to be taken in the context of Paul Reids comments, when he said DW put the blame on DK for his (PRs) demise. DW showed no corporate responsibility and indeed made himself look weak. This I suggest was the final straw for DK and the board

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here