Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
jonny.rainbow said:
It just surprises me that she has taken this long to vent her bile and what she seeks to gain from it now?

Most likely she filed her report and went on to other things. The recent protests at the Lib dems may well have awoken her interest and she may well be doing someone a favour by - how can we best put this - gilding the lily with regard to just how wrong the club were to ignore her master plan of a stadium at sheepcote. Of course a hotel doesn't need to worry about the amount of traffic a stadium does.

What next? the landscaping consultant saying we should have chosen Toads Hole as the soil at falmer is so poor, we can never grow rhodedendrums!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like they know they can't derail the stadium based on the known FACTS, because the site passes ALL the requirements for giving permission to build on an AONB. The only thing left open to them is to dig up a consultant from nowhere, sling some mud about, create a "new panic" that the club is going to try to get a hotel there as well, and hope that at least some of the (mis)information sticks.

Nice try Baker but you will not turn me against the club.

Dont panic its just little Norman Baker trying to stir the shit cos we put his nose out of joint at the conference.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe Mr Perry should be on hand with Harty to pour cold water all over this story before it becomes a RAGING INFERNO.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
So thats where all the money goes............ into these sort of surveys and reports. Dont think it means a jot when it comes to whether we get falmer or not but I wonder how much the club have spent on other ineffectual actions like this. Nobody knew anything about this so how many more times have they wasted dosh........................ if at all of course.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
This is utter bollox. Just stick to the facts.

The planning application is for a stadium at Falmer, not a hotel. As TLO has said, if the club wanted to build a hotel as well, then where is the room? Secondly, even if there was room, no hotel can be built as its not in the planning application.

There may have been plans for one at sheepcote valley, but we are not going to sheepcote valley.

This is pure mud slinging, by some very desperate individuals.

However, what I would say is that the Club needs to make a statement. If individuals on NSC will believe this crap, then most of sussex will.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
DIFFBROOK said:
This is utter bollox. Just stick to the facts.

The planning application is for a stadium at Falmer, not a hotel. As TLO has said, if the club wanted to build a hotel as well, then where is the room? Secondly, even if there was room, no hotel can be built as its not in the planning application.

There may have been plans for one at sheepcote valley, but we are not going to sheepcote valley.

This is pure mud slinging, by some very desperate individuals.

However, what I would say is that the Club needs to make a statement. If individuals on NSC will believe this crap, then most of sussex will.

:clap: Couldn't agree more.Can't believe people think Knight and Perry would screw the club over

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
This may make the club look bad but I fail to see how it is going to affect the re-issuing of the planning decision. Our application doesn't include a hotel and will be judged on that basis. So they've got some old emails. So what?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
To be honest - what's the fuss all about? We all knew that part of the development of the stadium included 'Commercial' aspects - whether this is an office complex or a hotel is beside the point...Much ado about nothing as far as i'm concerned.

I expect that if a hotel is being built, it will be within the grounds of the stadium complex.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This consultant would have been commissioned to identify the best site for a stadium with added hotel facilities which reduces the building/running costs. Sheepcote Valley is close to the city centre and is the environmental(green) choice as it used to be a rubbish tip. Dont forget that these consultants also provide advice on conferences and banqueting which would give the club additional revenue. This info being leaked into the public domain is probably something out of nothing and with the timing means some shit stirring is being done by certain politicians.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
She said in her report that Sheepcote was in a run down area and so would have been advantagous for recieving grants from the government because of the road building etc that would be needed.
This was one of the reasons that Sheepcote was a better site.

Her words not mine.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
H block said:
She said in her report that Sheepcote was in a run down area and so would have been advantagous for recieving grants from the government because of the road building etc that would be needed.
This was one of the reasons that Sheepcote was a better site.

Her words not mine.

but of course we all know that because Sheepcote is and was a rubbish tip, the amount of methane released into the atmosphere when building work started would mean that along with the traffic congestion caused through the centre of Brighton on a matchday, environmentally - sheepcote was not the bext choice!

Same old story from the stupid Nimby's

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here