Falmer YES tomorrow [Warning: FAKE rumour]

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
afters said:
dmh of course being a firm of lawyers in queen's road....interesting i didn't know they are involved? hope you're right though...

Donne, Mileham & Haddock (what a great name) is the club's solicitors. They are also acting on behalf of the vendors in order that my partner - via the Department for Education & Skills - can buy 3 acres (possibly 6 acres) of land to build a new school in Westdene.

Not very interesting, but now I've told you, you're pretty much stuck with that information. :p

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Large One said:
Donne, Mileham & Haddock (what a great name) is the club's solicitors. They are also acting on behalf of the vendors in order that my partner - via the Department for Education & Skills - can buy 3 acres (possibly 6 acres) of land to build a new school in Westdene.

Not very interesting, but now I've told you, you're pretty much stuck with that information. :p

What 6 acres would that be ? The land behind Redhill Drive by any chance ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wondered how long before you replied to that, IAN. 26 minutes.

That's the one. Plans are underway to build a school / community centre on that land. All consultations so far have met with universal backing. Which is nice. All being well, the school will open in September 2006.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Perhaps we could have terracing built on the school playing fields??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Large One said:
Wondered how long before you replied to that, IAN. 26 minutes.

That's the one. Plans are underway to build a school / community centre on that land. All consultations so far have met with universal backing. Which is nice. All being well, the school will open in September 2006.

Glad I didn't disappoint ALAN. Strange I've heard nothing of these plans although I don't object ( it's got to be better than the plans to build dozens of houses). I assume it will replace Westdene School and the land released will be turned into public playing fields ? ( some hope ! )

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to work for DMH

The less said about that place the better!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Westdene Seagull said:
Glad I didn't disappoint ALAN. Strange I've heard nothing of these plans although I don't object ( it's got to be better than the plans to build dozens of houses). I assume it will replace Westdene School and the land released will be turned into public playing fields ? ( some hope ! )

There aren't any plans in council yet - that is a few months away. The site is owned by Braybon's who I believe are happy to sell it. Primary School places are at a premium across the city, and this school - Brighton & Hove Montessori School, currently in Stanford Avenue - will be built to take in a lot of overspill. The school will NOT replace Westdene School.

Without wishing to sound too melodramatic, this is a major milestone in the British education system, as it will be the first non-faith school to receive public funds which is not part of the mainstream education system. The school is - and will be - run on Montessori's principles of education which have been in place for nigh on 100 years.

The Argus ran a full page piece on it last Monday (Jul 5), and the Guardian will run a piece on it next Tuesday (Jul 13).

Nov 3, 2003
notwithstanding the falmer decision and its importance i'd like to hear a yes to the new seats, why is this dragging on look at the club once again broken promises will these seats be ready come start of the seaosn i doubt it!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I do know from a source not too dissimilar to HB&B's that the ODPM has certainly had Falmer on its agenda within the past seven days. IT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED. Obviously that still doesn't say anything about the realiability of the first post on this thread - but here's hoping...

There - said it. Don't think that betrays any confidences.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trotster said:
Yes, TCOPB - that is a very good TUNA joke!!!!

You may now change your status to TUNA!!

Reverse of TUNA = A NUT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here