Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer YES tomorrow [Warning: FAKE rumour]

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I saw a John Prescott lookalike with a Dick Knight lookalike shaking hands on Brighton seafront this morning, complete with TV cameras, egg throwing inbred farmer & two top of the range Jags parked alongside.....what does it MEAN?! ???

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Look it's now gone midday and nothing's bl00dy well happened, apart from the fact that I couldn't log onto NSC for about ten mins, presumably due to everyone else trying to confirm that NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

And when I finally get on NSC, all I find out is that Peter Crouch is signing for Southampton. :nono: :nono:

balloonboy said:
Look it's now gone midday and nothing's bl00dy well happened, apart from the fact that I couldn't log onto NSC for about ten mins, presumably due to everyone else trying to confirm that NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

And when I finally get on NSC, all I find out is that Peter Crouch is signing for Southampton. :nono: :nono:

Top ranting. :lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
There's a press release dated yesterday on the ODPM site (http://www.odpm.gov.uk/pns/DisplayPN.cgi?pn_id=2004_0160), which is about energy, tourism, and related sport and recreation facilities in the south east. Though it's not directly linked to Falmer, I've been reading and re-reading the following trying to decide if there's any relevance, cryptic or otherwise, to us.

Or am I just getting paranoid?

“On tourism and recreation I am not proposing to accept the recommendation that international attractions with specific catchment area requirements should be exempt from a sequential test to direct major development of that type into regional growth areas or priority areas for economic regeneration. I consider that the guidance contains enough safeguards to allow development of this type to locate elsewhere should such locations prove unsuitable.”

The stadium would be an 'international attraction'. We have 'specific catchment area requirements'. Beyond that it rapidly descends into 'clear as mud' civil service-speak...

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
bhafc99 said:
“On tourism and recreation I am not proposing to accept the recommendation that international attractions with specific catchment area requirements should be exempt from a sequential test to direct major development of that type into regional growth areas or priority areas for economic regeneration. I consider that the guidance contains enough safeguards to allow development of this type to locate elsewhere should such locations prove unsuitable.”

The stadium would be an 'international attraction'. We have 'specific catchment area requirements'. Beyond that it rapidly descends into 'clear as mud' civil service-speak...

I think paranoia is setting in - Falmer could surely not be described as "International" - we have been saying it is a National issue, and I think winning the argument there, but I don't think even the Henfield One would claim Falmer is an International attraction.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I thought the decision would come in a letter to the club. There would be no press conference, unless the club decided to do one. And they can't plan ahead, as they don't know when the letter will turn up.

Which means we won't know until we know.

bhafc99 said:
There's a press release dated yesterday on the ODPM site (http://www.odpm.gov.uk/pns/DisplayPN.cgi?pn_id=2004_0160), which is about energy, tourism, and related sport and recreation facilities in the south east. Though it's not directly linked to Falmer, I've been reading and re-reading the following trying to decide if there's any relevance, cryptic or otherwise, to us.

Or am I just getting paranoid?

If there is anything relevant to the Falmer case, it is Prescott's decision that a sequential site search is required for ALL major developments, without exception.

Is there anything to get paranoid about?

NO. At the heart of the Club's case is the fact that a sequential site search HAS been undertaken. It demonstrates that THERE IS NO OTHER SUITABLE SITE AVAILABLE.

If anything, this particular announcement is a good thing from the Club's point of view. It says that Prescott will give particular weight to the conclusions of a sequential site search.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A hope deferred makes the heart sick

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
god this is driving me mad!

couldn't get on the site about ten minutes ago and i just thought it might be cos we'd got a "Yes" and everyone was logging on to the site! turned out that our server is just shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here