Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Shock! - No Need for the Case to go to Court

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I can't believe the negative spin some of you lot are putting on this. I dont think this is bad news, simply because it will speed the whole procces up. All that will hapen now IMHO is that Prescott wil correct the error in the report and stand by his original decision. Meaning That after two yes decisions The chances of LDC winning an appeal wil be even les likely than they were before. This wont stop it being bult, all it will do is Delay it slightly.:)

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As usual, the calm, reasoned logic of Lord B, restores my heart rate to a more acceptible level.

Although I still fear the next "Yes" will take us beyond August - why not, every other decision has taken longer than we expect - and then LDC could still go for a JR, it does appear that their lawyers have been told quite clearly that none of the other arguments hold water. Therefore it would seem hard for them to truly be able to convince any objective listener that they have a further case to make.

And as Yorkie says, we've saved the £90k that we were going to spend on the JR.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Do you think we could spend the 90k on a player come the next window

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
Do you think we could spend the 90k on a player come the next window

Who gives a f***.This news is either the best news the club could have or the worst.It depends on whose spin you want to believe.
I am just so pissed off and would urge the people in Norman Bakers patch to make sure that at the next election he is voted out of office.And any Albion fan still buying from Fofars hold yourhead in shame

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I don't think this is going to affect the decision.I think it's simply just something that has been worded wrong in the original letter which has to be correted,I'm sure we'll still be at Falmer in a few years.KEEP THE FAITH

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
vulture said:
Who gives a f***.This news is either the best news the club could have or the worst.It depends on whose spin you want to believe.
I am just so pissed off and would urge the people in Norman Bakers patch to make sure that at the next election he is voted out of office.And any Albion fan still buying from Fofars hold yourhead in shame

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

But their biscuits are just soooooooo tasty

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
FalmerforAll!** said:
I don't think this is going to affect the decision.I think it's simply just something that has been worded wrong in the original letter which has to be correted,I'm sure we'll still be at Falmer in a few years.KEEP THE FAITH

I really hope you are right.But every sinc 1999 7 long years ago this club keeps getting f***ing shafted by -unts that if I saw right now I would not be able to control my fists

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
got this news on the way in , there is always a positive spin on things but this is bad news surely. We have a yes and LDC were challenging . Surely all thats happening now is another 6mth - year until we are back in the position we are in now. Providing of course that we get another Yes.

F* king Nimbys though , ive said it before but these people should now be scared to turn the light off at night, i would not be against some viscious life wrecking vigilanty actions

*disclaimer , am not inciting or advising anyone or me does this threat*

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Curious Orange said:
Do you honestly believe that the revised decision letter won't also address the other issues that LDC cited in their legal case?

LDC have said all along that they wanted a clarification. Well they are getting it.
Sort of.

They are genuinely against the stadium on the grounds of their own myopic selfish bigotry. The later statements about clarification were a 'softening' to counter the amount of grief and aggravation they have had from their locals, and to try to placate them - a kind of shift of emphasis.

At the end of the day, however, they are still spiteful bastards.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Tricky Dicky said:
Surely this also gives LDC the chance of backing away from the table without losing face. They can say that they were only after clarification and have now got it so are now happy. Not that I expect it to actually play out like this.

They wont be happy but they can say they won a victory of sorts and so save face.

One interesting thing about the whole thing is that whilst baker likes to make capital out of it when talking to Falmer/Lewis residents he doesn't advertise his opposition to Falmer to the rest of his constituents.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Surely if we had got the diggers into the area quicker we would have made arguments pointless and not allow them to challenge the decision?Oh well,we have Falmer and I don't think Prescott is going to change that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I can't believe the office of the Deputy Prime Minister. What the f*** were their lawyers doing for all those months before they finally released the decision? It's their job to go through with a fine toothcomb every word to make sure it's legally watertight. What a bunch of f***ing idiots. God... I can't take much more this...I am so sick of this.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
vulture said:

just trying to fiind a few positives

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sneaky George said:
I can't believe the office of the Deputy Prime Minister. What the f*** were their lawyers doing for all those months before they finally released the decision? It's their job to go through with a fine toothcomb every word to make sure it's legally watertight. What a bunch of f***ing idiots. God... I can't take much more this...I am so sick of this.
For me, it's a misinterpretation of Brighton & Hove City Council's Adopted Plan which stated that the land will be built on - whatever the construction may be.

Still a f*** up. mind.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
vulture said:
If that's what you feel is important, you go ahead. Meanwhile, I am going to concentrate on the apparent good news that Brighton & Hove Albion has received this week.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What a f***ing day.

Get out of bed to be told my neighbour has hit my car, and now this.
Christo_pull_hair.gif

Anyone ever felt that we're
dedhorse.gif

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
There seems to be an assumption that we now don't need to spend the £90K JR defence kitty. However, I wonder how much we have already spent (retainers, scrutiny and defence building, etc.) and which we now have no way of recovering. After all, I was under the assumption that, had we won the JR, we would have got all of our money back.

Politically, though, I would say that it makes a further demand for a JR unlikely - as it would take the hearing uncomfortably close to next years local council elections.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It was always likely that the High Court would have asked the ODPM to reconsider anyway, so the ODPM are just cutting out this bit of the process. I'm sure they know it is their cock-up, so will now be working hard to push the whole thing on a bit faster. I can't see any other decision than a YES at the end of the day. The ODPM will look very stupid if they had to do a u-turn on this one!

What I'm not sure is whether the clowns at LDC will still want their day in court after the next YES is announced?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here