Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Shock! - No Need for the Case to go to Court

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Duncan H said:
So, what's the new timeframe?

When is the ODPM asking for renewed submissions by?
When is he likely to announce the decision (again)?

As I see it there are no re-newed submissions to be made. He will make another decision with (hopefully) any technical errors ironed out and then the LDC will again decide whether to appeal or not. It could cause a lengthy dealy but as people on here ahve pointed out they may decide not to appeal (I think they will). THe delay doesn't really annoy me as the stadium would have been delayed a year anyway as the uni buildings were not going to be finished in time for when the building work was meant to start anyway.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Lord Bracknell said:
From the official website:-

Due to this being an error of fact, even though it is only a minor technicality and was not a determining factor in the decision, the Treasury Solicitor has decided to 'Submit to Judgement' of the High Court and has drafted a consent order to be agreed with the other defendants - the club and Brighton & Hove City Council - and Lewes.

The matter will now be referred back to John Prescott for him to make the decision again.

"Submit to Judgement of the High Court".

Does this mean that in effect, ODPM have conceeded the JR and will need to review the decision?

If this is the case, Lewes CANNOT then appeal against the new decision, or we could go on forever, decision, appeal, decision, appeal.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Fragmented Badger said:
Well Martin Perry said by August, SCR this morning seemed to think within 6 weeks. In reality, who knows?

When does anything happen in 6 weeks for gawd sake, it takes that long just to confirm receipt of the paperwork !!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Large One said:

At the end of the day, however, they are still spiteful bastards.

And for me, that is the one thing that stands out more than anything. DeVagi and her 'chums' want nothing less than the death of BHAFC. It is our responsibility to ensure they don't get their way.

And what's the betting that we'll see Mavis Saggytits and Colonel Clitlicker opening Champers in the middle of the field again-with extensive coverage from the frigging BBC? Again!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Why can't things ever be simple when it comes to the Albion, it's 1 extreme after the other.
God I love this club.....:albion:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I must admit when i saw the headlines at the station this morning i feared the worse and was looking forward to Lord B putting things into perspective as he always does.

The battle rumbles on and this has been a very very long tunnel but hopefully there is a glimmer of light coming our way.

Thanks Ed:clap2: :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
You seriously believe that this was Prescott's fault? You think that Prescott words every last document in his department? The same Prescott that swans around the country punching people.

It is the fault of an inept Civil Servant or maybe very junior minister.

Whatever. Prescott represents the department in the same way as Blair represents the government.

One of the reasons we were told why it was taking him so long to come up with a decision was that the wording would be correct so couldn't be challenged.

Result? Basic f***-up. I'd have expected him to show sufficient leadership on this hot potato so that such a basic f***-up woudn't be made.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fourteenth Eye said:
The battle rumbles on and this has been a very very long tunnel but hopefully there is a glimmer of light coming our way.
Lets just hope it isn't a train.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

There is an album by a band called Whitey called 'The Light at the End of the Tunnel is a Train'.

It is a very good album.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Easy 10 said:

More likely to be a mixed metaphor, I think. Little blighters.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Bwian said:
And what's the betting that we'll see Mavis Saggytits and Colonel Clitlicker opening Champers in the middle of the field again-with extensive coverage from the frigging BBC? Again!

You forgot to add: "The camera slowly panning round to show the entire view of the beautifull duck pond"

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
There is an album by a band called Whitey called 'The Light at the End of the Tunnel is a Train'.

It is a very good album.
And a very good title, if I might say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here