Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer one year delay

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is this a good place to float the idea about that the building work would not have started in time for the 2008/9 season anyway, seeing as the university's replacement buildings would not be ready by then?

But aren't the university replacement buildings dependant on having absolute permission for the Falmer stadium? I thought the Albion (or the stadium holding company) were paying for the new buildings? Can't see us paying for that if we haven't won the High Court battle?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

A petition signed by LDC residents opposed to the appeal would also be useful in our fight, as would some sort of candidacy in parish / district elections or protest at council meetings.

They totally ignored the last one.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I cannot say that I am surprised either.

When the decision goes against LDC, I would expect (about 70%) an appeal to the House of Lords and European Courts, with at least another year delay on top of this.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I expect the Albion supporters have been much too nice and reasonable.

I have crossed the SDCB before and they are much nastier bunch than the NSC.

Dandyman

In London village.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is this a good place to float the idea about that the building work would not have started in time for the 2008/9 season anyway, seeing as the university's replacement buildings would not be ready by then?

What he said. Perhaps the Insider would care to comment ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
dcseagull said:
But aren't the university replacement buildings dependant on having absolute permission for the Falmer stadium? I thought the Albion (or the stadium holding company) were paying for the new buildings? Can't see us paying for that if we haven't won the High Court battle?

I believe it is part of the deal but under the time scales that were laid down the buildings would not have been ready anyway. I just wonder why the club kept saying 2008/9 when it they knew that this was not the case.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I will never ever vote Lim Dem again - Fact

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The fact is that there are links between LDC and FPC, it's as if all th ebig nobs in LDC have nice pretty little houses in Falmer Village.

The wishes of the majority are not important
How much money it costs, are equally not important

Only a peaceful MASS protest through Lewes would make any difference.

These selfish councillors are literally killing our club, and they know it

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We should start a BOYCOT LIB DEMS

Also, is there any way we can issue a vote of no confidence is LDC?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Fu--ck me when will all this crap ever end i ask?
Another fu--cking year for fucx-ks sake,can't be ars-ed with this bollocks anymore.That will make it nearly 13 fu--cking years homeless for fu--cks sake.

Why not just fu--cking fold,it makes you wonder why we bother doing anything anymore.It should be a priority end of,and another 4 years is just not exceptable end of.

Blow up lewes dc :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always likely,I really do wonder if we will get a decent ground one day.Just so fu****g deflating all this.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
OH FOR f*** SAKE :angry: :shootself :nono:

f***ing LDC bastards why cant they just f*** OFF AND DIE?!?! :censored:

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
RIGHT EVERYONE:LIB DEMS SUCK!
Even if you don't live in the Brighton area anymore like me, vote Labour or Tory(That hurts)in the local elections that are coming up.
Boy when we finally start building Falmer we SHOULD REALLY LET
THE SHIT FLOW IN THE TOSSER'S FACE!
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:salute: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here