Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer one year delay

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
More and more missed revenue. Approaching £40m over the last 8 years or so.

:down:

I hope you are proud of yourselves LDC. You almost belong in the same category as Belotti and Archer. Two different ways of destroying a football club.

:angry: :angry:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
LDC f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***ing wankers the lots of 'em

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The stadium wouldn't have been ready for 2008 anyway but that's neither here nor there. This lost revenue is a killer and we still might end up losing the club.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Just as well the new seats have gone in at Withdean, at least it has increased the revenue potential of Withdean for the next few years.

Those numpties on the Lewes District Council executive committee should hang their heads in shame. I just hope the good people of Lewes do the right thing and boot them out at the next election.

The article was from the Argus btw. It is courteous to quote the source if an article is going to be reprinted verbatim.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we weren't going to do anything for year anyway, the club is confident that LDC will lose and by mid summer. The inititial club reaction was that this would not slow things up, why the sudden change of heart or is it a bluff to keep the whole thing high profile??

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNTS!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
My experience of building projects ( Wembley, Millenium Dome, Spinnaca Tower etc ) is that they very rarely adhere to the planned schedule in any case, there are all sorts of reasons why but it's usually down to suppliers being unable to meet delivery dates or endless squabbling over small details, so I always had my doubts that the Stadium would be complete on the date predicted.

That shouldn't be a reason for not starting the groundwork & structural steelwork. Look at how long Port Vale have had their main stand half finished.

f*** LDC, let's just start anyway.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Lewes District Council - f***ing PRICKS!!! 2010 at the earliest now, f***ing BULLSHIT.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
It really is ridiculous that a minority opposition can delay a process for SO long. In any other country, Falmer would be up and running by now.

In any other COUNTY Falmer would be up and running.

I bet Cruella DeVagi and her bunch of butt licking, fuckwit cronies are walking around with smug fecking grins on their elitist faces this morning.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Kent Seagull said:
I think it's time we really got nasty with the LDC and Lib Dems. We must do anything we can to ensure they lose as many seats as possible. God I hate the bastards. De Vechii = MURDERER.

I agree-we've done everything asked of us from Day 1. The club and its supporters have exercised remarkable restraint in the face of endless provocation from a handful of up their own backsides LDC residents and councillors.

Time for revenge.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
As a Palace fan i just want to say LDC are a f***ing disgrace for what they are doing to BHAFC do they not think 10 years suffering is enough for the club and its supporters?! What the f*** do they expect to gain from their childish actions? Falmer will be built and their snide actions will have been for nothing, except for leaving many Brighton fans who come under Lewes Council more than a few quid lighter in their pocket! MORONS.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
f***ing hell :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It's about time we topped with all our "be nice to the council" ethos. Let's get some ACTION going.

Albion Rob

Does the club have any recourse over lost revenue from this vindictive action?

Surely it can't be fair to use this as a delaying tactic, trying to run the club out of business before a fair decision can be reached.

What's next even if nwe do win? European Court of Human Rights? I'll tell you what, my Human Rights are being breached week in week out by having to sit in a substandard stadium to watch my football. I have a massively increased chance of falling ill due to poor seating conditions and exposure to sunlight or driving rain.

How ironic that in an age where football stadia are almost representative of spacecraft, we have to play our games in a glorified pit.

Albion Rob

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
f***ing hell :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It's about time we topped with all our "be nice to the council" ethos. Let's get some ACTION going.

I read a story once where a bloke stood as a Literal Democrat. Really took a huge chunk of Liberal Democrat votes becuase people are too lazy/stupid to read their voting slips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here