Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer one year delay

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Repugnant Toad said:
It really is ridiculous that a minority opposition can delay a process for SO long. In any other country, Falmer would be up and running by now.

The frustrating thing is that it's not necessarily symptomatic of this country, but a specific problem we are having.

Take a look at Ashburton Grove, and you'll start screaming. Only this morning there was a piece on local news, about the "on-going wranglings with the locals about where the coach park will be."

Basically, Arsenal have recently been forced to change their plans on parking coaches in local residential streets :ohmy: and are now facing mounting opposition to the revised plan of parking up in a local leisure centre.

The stadium is virtually complete, they play their first game there in 4 months, and they are still debating with locals about where the coach park will be. How far removed is that from what we have faced?

Unbelievable. One rule for one etc ...

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can I just say I agree with what other posters have said about upping the campaign? We've been far too nice, what we need to do is target Cruella and her cronies as individuals like we did Archer and Belotti. After all, they started it with the complaint about Roz and now all forms of direct action should be considered.

*LEGAL NOTE* I am not advocating violence. If Sussex Police feel this post breaks one of our shiny new laws then please feel free to prosecute. Although 'Brovian' is a screen name I will happily reveal my identity to representitives of the Thought Police. To save you some time if you PM me I'll give you my real name and contact details.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
:angry:

to them this is just a principle issue , to us this affects our lives and lives of our families + future familes. This is unbelievable . I am absolutely livid.

I think we have been to nice too, lets really show them what they are doing to thousands of us.

I would gladly do time for these :angry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It needs some action to make LDC drop the appeal, and they will only do that on grounds of cost or LDC resident opposition to the action.

I could see some merit in leafletting LDC residents to make them aware of the decision their council took behind closed doors, allocating £65K of council budget to the fight not previously earmarked, and making them aware of the dire consequences of their actions.

A petition signed by LDC residents opposed to the appeal would also be useful in our fight, as would some sort of candidacy in parish / district elections or protest at council meetings.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Pavilionaire said:
It needs some action to make LDC drop the appeal, and they will only do that on grounds of cost or LDC resident opposition to the action.

I could see some merit in leafletting LDC residents to make them aware of the decision their council took behind closed doors, allocating £65K of council budget to the fight not previously earmarked, and making them aware of the dire consequences of their actions.

A petition signed by LDC residents opposed to the appeal would also be useful in our fight, as would some sort of candidacy in parish / district elections or protest at council meetings.

I've spoken to a couple of Lewes residents I know and quite frankly they dont give a f**k where the stadium goes. But they are well P****d off with LDC wasting money fighting it.

Out of a point of interest if Albion fans have a march/demo who picks up the bill for policing it? Is it the club, local council or the police themselves?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

Remember all of the other money they'd previously spent fighting us-over £200,000 wasn't it?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
sofa fella said:
I've spoken to a couple of Lewes residents I know and quite frankly they dont give a f**k where the stadium goes. But they are well P****d off with LDC wasting money fighting it.

Out of a point of interest if Albion fans have a march/demo who picks up the bill for policing it? Is it the club, local council or the police themselves?

It's nothing to do with the club so they should be kept out of it-especially financially.

I think we should march through Falmer Village-then those fuckers might have to shell out some cash to pay for the cops.:lolol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I'm going to put a different, yet equally controversial spin on this. What has happened for the club to suddenly come out with an announcement like this? Are we aware of some legal delay? Is there something else under the covers we can't see or don't know?

Personally, I am very sceptical about this announcement. Yes LDC are wankers and yes I don't doubt the situation is serious, but lest we forget that the Chairman is appearing on Internet chat tonight and the phone-in on SCR tomorrow. Is this not a ploy to deflect the (unfair) barrage that was about to come his way tomorrow.

On another note, I am pleased to see that he has finally gone public on his support for MM.

El Dude Brother

Feb 8, 2006
This sort of news is soul destroying.

I was in my twenties when we moved to Withdean and it now looks like I could be in my forties by the time we finally move to Falmer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BarrelofFun said:

I hope you are proud of yourselves LDC. You almost belong in the same category as Belotti and Archer. Two different ways of destroying a football club.

:angry: :angry:
As from today they are in the same category as Bellotti and Archer. Time to step up the ante.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Bwian said:
It's nothing to do with the club so they should be kept out of it-especially financially.

I think we should march through Falmer Village-then those fuckers might have to shell out some cash to pay for the cops.:lolol:

How about a Falmer Duck pond appreciation day?

Absolutely no come back on the club but it might use up Falmer Parish Council's fight the stadium fund on traffic control & policing costs.

Nothing illegal in visiting a duck pond is there!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure that we will get there in the end, but the way those bastards are trying to bleed us dry before we reach the finish line is scandulous. How can this be allowed to happen?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If protest is being planned I would have thought it better to overlook the views of the Falmer residents and concentrate on the real problem, which is the elected officials of LDC.

I really would expect the vast majority of LDC residents to be outraged at the time and expense the whole Falmer business has cost.

The timing could not be more significant - council tax payers will have just received their bills for 2006/07 and will not be sympathetic to the council, making them more receptive to criticism of the LDC council for wasting money on the Falmer business.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is this a good place to float the idea about that the building work would not have started in time for the 2008/9 season anyway, seeing as the university's replacement buildings would not be ready by then?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Pavilionaire said:

Agree with this but to do that you have to basically find out how much it will add to joe publics individual council tax bill. Thats the only way people will sit up and take notice as general figs will just be lost upon most people.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
could lewis CC not being taken to the EU courts for not acting in the interest of the majority - if they have stupid laws about the shapes of bannas then surely they laws about apes running councils?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
I have a genius marketing plan to get further media coverage on our fight for a game. At the end of the season, on behalf of the club, a massive free for all footy game should be organised on the falmer site.

Supporters of every club in the country should be invited to attend and show their support.

A secondry aim of breaking some world record for the most particapents in a game of football would perhaps provide world wide coverage an encourage more people to attend.

Thirdly it could become an annual event in celebration of fans united and falmer - think of the revenue that could be earned for the club or fans- united.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here