Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Announcement Monday?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Will the decision be announced on Monday?

I believe MP has been called to the planning office this afternoon for a meeting, could this mean the decision is imminent?

:clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well if it's a 'No' I can't see it being Monday. Wouldn't be too clever having a proposed 6000 irate fans walking past the Labour Party Conference then would it ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Wookiee said:

I believe MP has been called to the planning office this afternoon for a meeting, could this mean the decision is imminent?

how did u know that wookie ? brill news if right

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Wookiee said:
Lord Bracknell,

Any ideas what this meeting could be about ?

Wow... getting excited!!...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: Falmer Announcement Monday?

ditchy said:
how did u know that wookie ? brill news if right

From a source close to the enquiry.

Yes I may of bullshitted about some old has been as a transfer target, but beleive me I would not make up anything about something so serious as OUR future!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
hope youre right but

FC140480319X.JPG

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Re: Re: Re: Falmer Announcement Monday?

The Wookiee said:
From a source close to the enquiry.

Yes I may of bullshitted about some old has been as a transfer target, but beleive me I would not make up anything about something so serious as OUR future!

here's hoping !

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That's it then. Might as well cancel the march.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oscar said:
That's it then. Might as well cancel the march.

More like, should definitely attend the march!...

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The Wookiee said:

If you wanted to invite a Judicial Review application from the Antis, on the grounds that Prescott must have been nobbled by behind-the-scenes pressure, you'd have him announce a Yes on Monday.

Get real!!

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Call me an old cynic,

"You're an old cynic" (from off stage)

but I can't believe that there would be a decision on Monday as it would come across as being politically driven.

In my opinion, Prescott will want to announce any decision (which ever one it is) well away from the Labour Conference.

Wouldn't mind being proved wrong by Prescott standing up in front of us and announcing it on Monday, though, it has to be said.

I don't believe that Prescott will "announce" the decision at all. As far as I know all parties have to be informed in writing at the same time and no actual announcement is to be made by the ODPM at all.

However, if the letters are being couriered for delivery at 9am Monday morning then there's no reason for the club not to announce it to the press at say 5pm just before everyone wanders down to the Brighton Centre...

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
The Wookiee?

Was he seen coming out of an estate agents or something similar:lolol:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
actually, i can see no reason at all why he wouldn't announce a decision along the lines suggested by my learned friend kylie's arse.

we seem to forget sometimes that the falmer issue is barely on the radar of football fans outside of brighton, let alone the general public, and i verymuch doubt if prescott gives two fucks about the reaction of the antis if he's gone through the correct procedure.

if he sees it as good political capital, probably as a throwaway add-on to some comment about labour's involvement in the local communities, then i see no reason why he wouldn't announce a yes on monday.

doesn't mean he will of course...

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
All I said was, Martin Perry has been called to a meeting at the planning office this afternoon, I was asking what could this mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here