Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Announcement Monday?

The Wookiee said:
Heard this now from another source.

This is now getting interesting.

Lord Bracknell, have you heard anything?
I was at a meeting at the Planning Office on Wednesday morning.

It was nothing whatsoever to do with Falmer.

:)

Seriously ... As Manuel used to say, I knooow nothing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lord Bracknell said:
I

Seriously ... As Manuel used to say, I knooow nothing.

Wasn't that Schultz from Hogan's Heroes?

Sergi Gotsmanov said:
So Labour will not be announcing any decisions on any subject next week then in case it is politically motivated?

This is politics mate they don't care about how the NIMBYs will react.

However, I agree that the decision will be announced after the conference.

I don't understand how you leapt from my words of "controversial Brighton planning decision" to "decisions on any subject".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have heard from a source as well that it is true. It will be announced on Monday apparantly....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
my source is a member of her majestys law enforcement. and its a male before anyone thinks its a fellow NSCer

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I have heard from a source

can't believe people are still persisting with this line. We've moved on,we've evolved,we've progressed from this outdated mode of language,it won't do.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brixtaan said:
can't believe people are still persisting with this line. We've moved on,we've evolved,we've progressed from this outdated mode of language,it won't do.

see above i told you the source. and its not from a pc its from someone further up. much further up the chain of command.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Stinky Kat said:
labour party activists hinting

:lolol:

Nice try, unfortunately still more sweeping and leaky than a hurricane clean up operation

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
someone further up. much further up the chain of command.

:lolol:

deep throat?:lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
IF, and it's a very big IF in my book, there is an announcement on Monday - I for one will be pleased, but will go straight to the pub for a celebratoy beer or two... I will certainly NOT get involved in any 'New Labour Love In'.

The Large One said:
Why would the ODPM tell a middle-ranking copper before they told the Albion / Brighton & Hove City Council / Lewes DC etc?

I don't think that's the case, but surely the police would have had numerous meetings with the Labour Party over the last week in relation to the conference and safety, and something may have been mentioned as they're expecting a load of us to wander down there Monday evening.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I don't think that's the case, but surely the police would have had numerous meetings with the Labour Party over the last week in relation to the conference and safety, and something may have been mentioned as they're expecting a load of us to wander down there Monday evening.

Working on the assumption that Lord Bracknell genuinely knows nothing about this, I am guessing at the following scenario...

The police and security services are in constant meetings with the Labour Party. Meanwhile, a march is planned for around 3,000-6,000 not particularly hostile people demonstrating (not protesting) the need for a stadium in the city. The policeman in question wants to know what this is all about. So he is told.

It is entirely possible (although unlikely) that the top copper in question has confused the date of the announcement with the date of the march, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 17. Remember, they're not interested in the politics of this, merely the security issues.

Having said that, that's not to say that an announcement won't be made on Monday. I just find it extremely curious that the source happens to be a copper who is not involved in the process, and is not on the list of people to be informed of the decision.

Now, if the source was someone inside the club...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here